Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken DETacc

Go down

Broken DETacc  Empty Broken DETacc

Post  angus Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:25 am

Gi,day all , I broke the cover on my detacc booster Sad stepping over a log , battery lead got caught on a branch and pulled the lead and plug right through the plastic detacc cover Embarassed I cant be the only one to do this , can I Embarassed
Only the cover was broken as the unit still functions fine . I have fixed the cover with a stronger piece of plastic and silicon , that shoud keep the dust out , but it got me thinking of how to stop this happening again . What clever ideas are you guys useing to stop this happening short of drilling a hole in one of the legs and useing a cable tie . yes i had the drill in my hand but then thought maybe i shoud ask first Idea
Cheers Angus
angus
angus
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-08-03

Back to top Go down

Broken DETacc  Empty Re: Broken DETacc

Post  Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:15 pm

post some pics up off the set up you have and that will help us to work something out...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  angus Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:46 pm

Thanks Stoppsy,
not sure how to post pics yet , will work on that one . I am running a 3500 with a detacc booster mounted on the right hand side and joined to the detector with a dob of silicon as i thought this would be stronger than velcro , and it was , maybe this is where i went wrong .
I like the strait leads and a shingleback canvas cover protects the lot .
so what im looking for is a good idea to connect the power lead to the booster with out putting presure on the booster when it gets caught on branches or if ya put down the detector so you can have a wizz and walk off to look at an interesting rock yep done that too.
Cheers Mate Angus
angus
angus
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:01 pm

yeah i would off used valcro, then if it does get cought it would off just rip the valcro apart...my mate who's on this forum he has a gp extreme that's all very short leads so there's nothing swining around low or around your body. the battery is mounted on the side off the detecter with valcro and the speaker is cliped on to the detector as well. it's a realy good set up. i can't think off how he's done the longer leads i think there just rapped around the detector somewhere...if you see him on line have a chat to him, his name is spack98....
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down