Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toucha my nuggets, I toucha your face

+5
kiwijw
Axtyr
deutran
GemQ
slimpickens
9 posters

Go down

Toucha my nuggets, I toucha your face Empty Toucha my nuggets, I toucha your face

Post  slimpickens Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:16 am

Hi ya all, spent a few days in the heat with Kon61 detecting gullies found on google maps. Kon found a nice 5 grammer and then I found a 8.6 grammer (in a bullants nest).  pale  Also found a .08 gr and a .6 gram bit the day before.  All found with the Zeds and 14" coils, down to around 10 inches. We left the nuggets in the care of Dion (Siamese security),  Twisted Evil  whilst we went out one more time. Even though the humidity was sap sucking,  tongue  Kon managed to find another lovely 5 grammer. We only managed to detect in this heat by starting around 6 am and then after 5 pm, and by filling the Camelbaks with cold water and ice cubes. Cheers, Harry.

Toucha my nuggets, I toucha your face Img_3516

Toucha my nuggets, I toucha your face Img_3515

Dare devil Slim, plucking the 8.6 grammer from the bull ants nest. (Shot off Gopro vid.)

Toucha my nuggets, I toucha your face Img_3517

***** PS. I wasn't going to comment on the 19 inch coil again, but after seeing what I saw I had to. I had dug down around 12 - 14 inches and found a piece of rusty iron. I couldn't pull it out so I reburied it. My 14" Zed coil was picking it up from exactly 8" above the ground. I called Kon over to see what distance he could pick up the target with the Z19" coil he was using. He picked it up at exactly the same height, 8 inches. This 19" coil should have picked it up at a far greater height than the 14" coil. It is so under powered, it's a fu*king joke. I had to do everything I could to stop Kon from rapping it round a tree, he was so pissed off.

Last edited by slimpickens on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Toucha my nuggets, I toucha your face Empty Re: Toucha my nuggets, I toucha your face

Post  GemQ Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:35 am

Purrrfect Nuggets Slim.

My Ninja cat at home only leaves nuggets in the cat box unfortunately.
GemQ
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Toucha my nuggets, I toucha your face Empty Re: Toucha my nuggets, I toucha your face

Post  slimpickens Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:56 am

GemQ wrote:Purrrfect Nuggets Slim.

My Ninja cat at home only leaves nuggets in the cat box unfortunately.

They're the nuggets we can do without!  Razz  Happy birthday mate!
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:02 pm

Well done to the both of you,very nice looking nuggets there.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:56 pm

Congratulations, some really nice chunky gold there. Better hope the cat doesn't eat them.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Very nice nuggies there Harry & Kon. T06 Congrats to you both and all I can say you Guys are a lot tougher than me to be out there in this weather. V51 Thanks for sharing your finds and pics. T25

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:19 pm

Awesome finds Slim & Kon. You got to be happy with those. T06 So was Kon using the 19" on those 5 grammers?

Good luck out there

JW V08
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:32 pm

kiwijw wrote:Awesome finds Slim & Kon. You got to be happy with those.  T06  So was Kon using the 19" on those 5 grammers?

Good luck out there

JW  V08

Thanks JW, No, all were found with the Z 14" coil.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:38 pm

He leave's no stones unturned
no gold shall be left behind
No ant shall win.
No holes shall remain unfilled
Yep it's the
mightly Dare devil slim Laughing

Gee you fellows must have roasted out there.
At least you were rewarded.
Bet you all had a mighty good time as well.

Sorry Kon..  no wonder i have seen the odd detectors and coils in trees.. (  not so many these days)
as you havent been the first nor will be the last person to want to do it.  Very Happy

Love the cat! If looks could kill..  lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:11 pm

Thanks all.
  Jen the humidity according to the bureau was around 82% on Sat. Kon had to get back to Melb. Sat. arvo so we had to go in the morning.... lucky we decided to go.

PS. I can't stand bull ants. pale  Bitten at least 4 times so far, each as painful as the last. Mad

Here's Dion in the forefront exhausted and feeling a bit flat, Razz  after a day of guarding the nuggets.

Toucha my nuggets, I toucha your face Img_3518
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Toucha my nuggets, I toucha your face Empty -toucha-my-nuggets-i-toucha-your-face

Post  Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:34 pm

Good onya Slim and Kon nice finds guys Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:35 pm

Unfortunately no JW, I was not using the 19 inch over those 5 grammers. I had spent the first 2 days swinging the 19 inch coil, over good looking potential gold bearing ground, for the odd bit of rubbish such that of nails, large lead gun balls & the odd bit of rusted steel scrap but no gold. On one of those good sounding targets & being close to the vehicle at the time (approx 150 metres away) I decided to head back to the car, put the 14x13 back on and swung over the target (which later turned out to be a lead ball (25.3 grams worth, found at 13 inches down, in hard compact clay) The 14x13 produced just a good a signal at pretty much the same height, as that of what the 19 inch did when first found. I am still yet to be amazed or impressed by the 19 inch coil depth performance on/over such a large lead ball, buried undisturbed for a 100 years or so. After that, I stuck with the 14x13 & once again the gold came in soft but clear & at good depth. The two 5+ grammers were found in the same gully/vicinity about 70 yards apart measured at 11 & 12 inches deep.  The mighty 14x13 once again, proved itself on/over gold. The ground slim & I swung over & being quite close to a main road, has had quite a few detectors swung over it in the past. That's why I believe it is the raw power of the GPZ 7000 & 14x13 inch coil combination, that gets that extra depth on gold, over that of all past PI units.
Now after going over Slims buried scrap steel target with the 19 inch, we were both left dumb founded to see the same results as what the 14x13 could do. We even tried the 19 inch in normal/general, only to get a bigger disappointment, for the signal now over this mineralized section of ground, was drowned out by ground noise, with no extra depth advantage.
Where I/we search for gold, the majority of ground is of average to highly mineralized and not quiet or benign, so there'd be no point for any body telling us, that we can or could get away using normal/general settings, without digging false signals with every swing, or going insane, persisting on hearing those false ground signals, in order to hopefully & eventually swing over the real McCoy
The settings I find appropriate for me, using the 7000 & 19 inch coil are; General/Difficult, 15 Gain, Smoothing off with Threshold/Volume/Pitch to suit.
Oh, by the way, don't let those 2 masked bandits fool ya, when they're active, they're as cheeky as, but adorable critters. Laughing

Cheers guys  Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:08 am

Thanks Kon, That has to hurt about the 19" coil. I wonder if your one has a bit of a problem & isnt 100%. Some people seem quietly happy with their's. Weather there ground is a bit kinder....I dont know. Must be damn frustrating for you.

Good luck out there

JW V08
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:30 am

Frustrating to say the least JW. I very much doubt my 19 inch has a problem, for during our initial air tests, we compared  3 19 inch coils, over gold targets, for Identical results. I just haven't been lucky enough to have stumbled over a nugget in the field with it yet, so as to compare the 2 coils. I certainly can't say I haven't persevered with the 19 inch coil cause I have, but this is twice where I got tired of using it, changed back to the 14x13 only to have gold found once more. Shocked  Whats worse is that, it's not viable to carry both 19 and 14x13 coils on you, changing them around with every positive, in-ground sounding signal & when I happened to fall on reasonably good sounding signal, with the 14x13 inch coil, the vehicle was just too far to walk back to and grab or change on to the larger coil for comparison.  
I know the 19 inch is more than capable of picking up gold, (for my tests over nuggets tell me so) but the reason I'm still hanging on to mine, is not so much for its superior depth advantage, as much as it is for ground coverage.

Cheers Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  chris68 Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:46 am

Congrats fellas on the finds , the nuggets are great and thanks Kon for the report on the GPZ 19 coil , I didn't do much good with mine either so I sold it and went back to using the 14 and Iam having a lot more success with it.

chris68
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  GOLDGASM Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:46 am

Well done guys, the Gold is so nice and clean! Wink

Cheers GG
GOLDGASM
GOLDGASM
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2011-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  determined1 Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:08 pm

Congratulations to both Kon and you Slim.

What a great trip that was eh!

Never been bitten by those ants yet and I can tell you that I am not looking forward to the day when it happens. I have come close insofar as having them on my boots and clothes but been lucky enough to get away with it.

Top job.

Determined1

determined1
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down