Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nugget Finder Solid Skid Plate for GPZ 19″ coil

2 posters

Go down

Nugget Finder Solid Skid Plate for GPZ 19″ coil Empty Nugget Finder Solid Skid Plate for GPZ 19″ coil

Post  Guest Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:24 pm

http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/gpz-7000-z19-solid-skidplate/

Back to top Go down

Nugget Finder Solid Skid Plate for GPZ 19″ coil Empty Re: Nugget Finder Solid Skid Plate for GPZ 19″ coil

Post  IGotBigNuggets Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:56 am

Thanks for the link Jen. Nenad is fantastic to deal with I have bought heaps from him, great customer service,  prompt delivery.

What's with the opening in the front?  You'd think this would scoop the leaf litter like a spade...

Nugget Finder Solid Skid Plate for GPZ 19″ coil Z19-with-solid-skid-1024x1016
IGotBigNuggets
IGotBigNuggets
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2013-01-28

Back to top Go down

Nugget Finder Solid Skid Plate for GPZ 19″ coil Empty Re: Nugget Finder Solid Skid Plate for GPZ 19″ coil

Post  Guest Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:05 pm

your welcome..
I saw it on facebook.
Yes Nenad lonic is great to deal with.

Mike will also buy a skid plate for his 19inch coil.
He will support the local guys at coiltek Marybrough
http://thegoldcentre.com.au

Yeah I don't know how the open part on the skid plate works
guess we will hear the good and bad about it.
But they aren't meant to be scrubbing the forest floor.
Be no good for me to be swinging one Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:36 pm

Rohan is making these and I put one on my 19" GPZ when they came into stock. It does stop the sticks etc and isn't much heavier.
I put some coil tape on both sides as insurance to hold it on, but it is a pretty tight fit by itself.
Cheers.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:33 pm

Qld Sandy wrote:Rohan is making these and I put one on my 19" GPZ when they came into stock. It does stop the sticks etc and isn't much heavier.
I put some coil tape on both sides as insurance to hold it on, but it is a pretty tight fit by itself.
Cheers.

G'day Sandy

Does this replace the original skid plate of just fit over the top of the original one?

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:53 am

It is a replacement Dave. Take the original one off and the full cover goes straight on.
Cheers.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:44 am

Qld Sandy wrote:It is a replacement Dave. Take the original one off and the full cover goes straight on.
Cheers.

Thanks, Sandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Well we picked one up  from coiltek marybrough
Thanks fellows
Thankyou Rohan

Nugget Finder Solid Skid Plate for GPZ 19″ coil Img_2822

Whoops! Have to turn one of the skid plates Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:48 pm

It looks like the go, have you/Mike tried it out yet?

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:08 pm

G'day Dave,

No I just finished fitting it to the coil and it's just a bit too warm to get out there, but I might give it a bit of a swing later when the sun goes down a bit. I think it will be ok though. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:26 pm

Thanks Mike, oh and were is the cooler weather when you want it. Laughing

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:46 pm

G'day Dave & All,

Well I fitted the new NF skid plate to the Z19" coil yesterday afternoon and I can say that it's very well made and fits very tight/snug to the coil.   Thanks Rohan for this good product and also thanks to the guys at Coiltek.  Also fitted some coil tape either side of the coil/skid plate, as I do with all skid plates I fit to my coils.  

Anyhow, I didn't get out with it last night, as it didn't really cool off much until way after dark, nearly midnight here before it cooled off.  

We woke to a slightly cooler day with a little rain and after checking our mail and going into town to pickup a few things from the shops and when we arrived back home.  I said to Jen it's not too bad temp wise I might saddle up the Zed and try out the new skid plate.  

Anyway I saddled up and headed over to where the grass is pretty long, as we can't get the mower into it properly, first thing I noticed was the coil was gliding through the grass very easily and not putting any restrictions on the swing at all.   Very Happy    I did find that the grass seed were starting to build up on top of the skid plate, which would be normal in this situation, but I can live with that. As for the heal and toe of the coil there is a gap, but I found it had no problems as far as getting anything caught in them, but time out in the bush with more ground litter will prove if there will be any problem with getting sticks etc caught up in the gaps.  
So far I am very pleased with this new skid plate from NF and I feel that it will be a lot better as far as fatigue in my arm goes, I should be able to swing it a bit longer before my arm says it has had enough.  

I forgot to mention I also fitted the new heavy duty bungy cord that I purchased from Coiltek a while back, thanks again guys.    Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:34 am

Thanks for the report Mike, anything that makes things easier to use gets a T06

cheers dave

Back to top Go down