Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

18inch "Super Gold Search" Coil

2 posters

Go down

18inch "Super Gold Search" Coil Empty 18inch "Super Gold Search" Coil

Post  MikeF42 Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:59 pm

I have recently acquired this 2nd hand coil and would appreciate some background info. Who made them? Is it Mono or DD? Can I use it on my new (to me) 4500. Current weather conditions preclude a field test! Many thanks.

MikeF42
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-05-05

Back to top Go down

18inch "Super Gold Search" Coil Empty Re: 18inch "Super Gold Search" Coil

Post  Guest Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi Mike
If its shiny its a Kevlar Mono .These are supposed to be one of the most expensive coils ever made.Apparently they have a high quality winding.I have used one on a gpx4000 and they work well.For those in the know they are highly sought after.
Cheers Dig

Last edited by Dig24crt on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Back to top Go down

18inch "Super Gold Search" Coil Empty Re: 18inch "Super Gold Search" Coil

Post  kon61 Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:24 pm

G'day Gents.

Two were made for the SD Series detectors.I do believe that both coils were Mine lab coils,but not exactly sure if they were made by someone else for Minelab. One resembled the rubbish bin lid type,(solid fiberglass) mat green colour, and hollow underneath,with no skid plate.The other,a flat looking,shiny green colour in Kevlar.Both coils are mono in design. Yes,they can both be used on the 4500,more so the Kevlar.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

18inch "Super Gold Search" Coil Empty 18inch Super Gold Search Coil

Post  MikeF42 Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:28 pm

Guys, thanks for the info. From your descriptions I have the the Kevlar model - still in good nick. Now for the field test!!
regards
Mike

MikeF42
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-05-05

Back to top Go down