Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation.

+15
Kon61gold
dougy
hapalogh
gollstar
determined1
rowdy
Grandfather Johnson
big fella
Harb
Inhere
Liquid Gold
Axtyr
ozgold 041
golden oldy
Wantmoregold
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation. - Page 2 Empty Re: New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation.

Post  Grandfather Johnson Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:26 pm

I hope they remind him of the amount of prospectors that come to Maryborough and surrounding areas spending their cash on prospecting gear, caravan parks, cafes, super markets, service stations, tab, clubs, car repairs, tyres ,caravans acc & repairs, camping gear , I am sure there would be more that I cant think of at the moment. Cheers

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation. - Page 2 Empty Re: New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation.

Post  rowdy Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:37 pm

One thing that a lot of people probably haven't considered is that if all the states forests are made into National Parks that those who currently collect firewood from the designated wood collection areas will come to and end and they will need to find alternative heating sources which will involve buying new heaters and stoves etc.
Rowdy
rowdy
rowdy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:16 pm

Does this mean that Parks Vic will no longer be able to do their burn off programs? Just asking..........Cheers

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:38 pm

ozgold 041 wrote:
Harb wrote:Its all scare mongering.....

If google earth cant afford to keep their imagery even close to up to date, in most cases its years old.....the thought of a two bit operation in Australia doing it is ridiculous.

there are next to no organisations in the world other than the US military that could monitor anything of use to catch anyone illegally mining in Oz

This is just a plot to scare people into thinking they could get caught......

"Realtime" satillites are all but non existant, and the ones that are are not positioned over the southern hemisphere, and cost billions of dollars to run each year........like I said, its BS
=================================================================================================

Hi Harb.

Times are moving on Mate, I realize what it used to be like with Sat imagery, have you not heard that even large Shire Councils are using this latest Sat gear, being to look for building breaches with-out a permit? All done from the chair in an office now a days.

The things that Government Departments can do now would amaze you, we the plebs are always kept in the dark. The public are treated like sheep as you would know.

Don't under-estimate BIG Brother these days.

Didn't someone post not long ago on our forum, Re, the Govt. Moto. Hello Darkness my old friend .

Cheers ozgold

Trust me, I work in the Sat industry and its not that easy...........they would have to own their own bird, and have their own earth station to guide it.........even if they hired Sat time its not "realtime" either......we are not yet in the jetson's age regardless of what they try to convince you....

The best they could do is use image comparison technologies which simply compare one image to another........but its of limited use as the urban area's are the most uptodate imagery, and even large parts of the major cities are 5 years or more old.......

Some country regions are newer purely because they we under a random passover, but may not get another scan for days months or years, with years being to most likely.

My BIL is a player in a magor council and he wishes what you say was true by they way............real time would be a great tool......

Anyway, if you are still not convinced, just imagine how many satilites it would take to cover the country in realtime !!!!   if you zoom out wide on google earth you can see how much an area they cover in one sweep due to the overlapping dates and therefore the seasons of the various scans.....

Here is an example of what I am talking about......even within a Image update the scans are ages apart (this is the current update to the images on google earth).....left and right times of the scan were done many months or years apart.......

New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation. - Page 2 Screen%20Shot%202017-01-04%20at%205.49.30%20pm_zps6bcwv442
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  determined1 Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:54 pm

Hello all,

I understand the period for making comment on this has been extended to March 8th, 2017.

Any news on the planned meeting between the Mayor and the PMAV Wombat?

Determined1

determined1
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Registration date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:52 pm

Hi Determined1
We had our meeting last week with the Mayor. There was about 10 of us all up, 2 from the Council and 8 of us from the PMAV. We put our concern's to the Mayor and told them that their plans were not in the best interest for prospectors, or anyone else who use the bush. They said we were scare mongering and they had no intention of keeping anyone out of the bush, specially prospectors. But we told them that if they keep pushing to try and get the Goldfields under World Heritage (as this is what they are pushing for) it would automatically exclude prospectors from entering under the Heritage Laws. They said they still have a long way to go before all this can happen. The reason they are doing this is because the Maryborough Council are after the tourist dollar. But they did say that they would take our comment on board. I don't think they realised what they could be doing and damaging the whole goldfields for the every day user. The PMAV head office are looking into it further.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Liquid Gold Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:04 am

Wombat wrote:Hi Determined1
We had our meeting last week with the Mayor. There was about 10 of us all up, 2 from the Council and 8 of us from the PMAV. We put our concern's to the Mayor and told them that their plans were not in the best interest for prospectors, or anyone else who use the bush. They said we were scare mongering and they had no intention of keeping anyone out of the bush, specially prospectors. But we told them that if they keep pushing to try and get the Goldfields under World Heritage (as this is what they are pushing for) it would automatically exclude prospectors from entering under the Heritage Laws. They said they still have a long way to go before all this can happen. The reason they are doing this is because the Maryborough Council are after the tourist dollar. But they did say that they would take our comment on board.  I don't think they realised what they could be doing and damaging the whole goldfields for the every day user. The PMAV head office are looking into it further.  
wombat Wink  
In other words, "Be quiet little people and mind your business. We rule your little world and will do what ever we want." If they want to change everything to world heritage, then we should have our miners rights changed to "including world heritage". It is the peoples land, not the governments. We need stronger action to stop this theft.
Liquid Gold
Liquid Gold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2016-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:06 pm

Doe's anyone know which state forest these changes might effect, because my land backs onto state forest!

Also the council are fools, banning prospecting will increase unemployment not increase it, i know the bush around here it can be nice, it is relaxing etc, but it aint no Grampians or Otway's/Great Ocean road, no one in there right mind is going to come to Maryborough to look at old mining ground, They will go to Sovereign hill, but gold prospectors do come to the Central goldfields and stay from all over Australia and even the world,

The Central goldfields has Talbot, Amherst, Maryborough, Dunolly,and Moliagul, some of the best nugget country in the world, as for tourist dollar's the council should be getting the excavators out for us, not horsing about talking about heritage nonsense, as a rate payer and registered local voter i'm upset about these proposals,

I can't wait for the state elections to get here, so we can get the Shooters, fishers and farmers, ALA, and one Nation in to shake things up a bit.

gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:29 am

Hi Gollstar Just to put the record straight. The council did not say they are trying to get prospecting banned if their proposal comes in. They told us that this is the furthermost thing way from their minds, or stop anyone else from using the bush. They are only trying to get the tourist and their dollars here. And in their minds to achieve this is to try and turn the whole place into a Heritage Park. We then told them if this happens then prospecting would automatically be banned. They did not believe that this is true and that they would make sure that prospecting or any other activity that is aloud now will still happen then. We told them if it becomes a National Heritage Park they would not have a say in it. Basically that is were it stands now. We are hoping that they will include us and let us have a say in future negotiations with the higher authorities. But I don't think is will happen as we are against their proposal as it stands.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  dougy Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:08 am

Wombat wrote:Hi Gollstar Just to put the record straight. The council did not say they are trying to get prospecting banned if their proposal comes in. They told us that this is the furthermost thing way from their minds, or stop anyone else from using the bush. They are only trying to get the tourist and their dollars here. And in their minds to achieve this is to try and turn the whole place into a Heritage Park. We then told them if this happens then prospecting would automatically be banned. They did not believe that this is true and that they would make sure that prospecting or any other activity that is aloud now will still happen then. We told them if it becomes a National Heritage Park they would not have a say in it. Basically that is were it stands now. We are hoping that they will include us and let us have a say in future negotiations with the higher authorities. But I don't think is will happen as we are against their proposal as it stands.
wombat Wink      
Any chance Wombat this could be seen as a cost cutting exercise,as many years ago CGS used to send in a dozer & grader to upkeep the main tracks fairly often,but have not seen such for a very long time now and some are getting out of hand,it would suit them to barracade them off leaving less expenditure,now their rates % is being fixed they will be looking at shortcuts.
dougy
dougy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:39 am

That could be true Dougy as I noticed in the local newspaper that the council was saying about rate cut backs that they more than likely would have to cut back on a lot of services. And this could be one of them. But I think that most tracks you see out in the bush are maintained by State and the Forestry boys. I think the only ones that the council looks after are the major and main dirt roads that run through the bush, like Possum Gully Rd. and roads like that.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  ozgold 041 Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:26 pm

Hello Forum Members.

Further to the talk on proposed changes of the Native Vegetation Act, I read an article in the Maryborough Advertiser on Tuesday.
Where the Victorian Farmers Federation, had received an “Extension” to find out just what this new policy meant to them, and give each the time to voice their concerns about these so called changes.

The State Government gave them a 1 month reprieve, as they know very well most farmers are busy at this time of the year, many still getting their crops harvested, cutting and baling hay etc.

I would also like to draw all Members attention to an advertisement in Today’s Herald Sun, the ad placed by our local miner in Central Victoria, Mr N. Perry.  

This appears in the General Notices Section, under the Heading of Native Vegetation Proposals.  He is asking for all interested parties that will be affected by these changes, to please email him with their contact details.

He is looking to amass a united front of many, including any concerned Victorian Organizations, Farmers everywhere, and Assorted Clubs where their members utilize the bush on a regular basis, Prospectors and Miners State wide.

These Steam-Rolled proposals have been kept Under the Radar so to speak. Assessment Committees have been stacked specifically, so there can only be one outcome.

Now is the time for us all to act on this, you will not get another chance to ensure that we keep our access to the forests of Victoria.

Farmers must look into this also, as it will affect their Private land in the long run.

There will be another similar article to this, in next Wednesday’s Herald and Weekly Times, there could be a write-up too I have been informed.

Concerned Party. Ozgold.

ozgold 041
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2013-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:42 pm

Has the Shooters, Fishers and farmers party been informed about this, they advocate on behalf of the public's right to public land, i would consider contacting them as a matter of urgency, and point out that hunting of pest animals will most likely be banned on government/our land as well as everything else!

http://www.shootersfishersandfarmers.org.au/contact

They also have a facebook page where you can contact them!
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Thankyou ozgold 41

Mr N Perry is asking for support from everyone that will be affected to send their email details to him, at his e/mail address, which is nevilleperry66@gmail.com

He asked me to also mention that his proposal for our united front, (if we can get the numbers)?? Was to organise and assemble another Eureka Rebellion in the heart of Ballarat.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:48 pm

G'day Ozgold 01,

Someone maybe should have put up a partition on behalf of all people that use the bush/land like prospectors, bush walkers, bike riders, 4wheel drivers and shooters and have them in all prospecting/detector shops, post offices and local milk bar/general stores etc. That way we/all can sign that partition and then there would have been many signatures to hand into the relevant departments. Just MHO.

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:57 pm

If someone want's to start a change .org petition, i will share it to shooter's group's on FB, a mate is on all the 4WD sites so ill share it with him as well, get it onto the Grey nomads forum and fishing forum's as well, the more the merrier.

Make the Petition to include all group's who use the bush!
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  hapalogh Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:42 am

Hi All,There has been a lot o great comments,against this crazy WORLD HERITAGE PARK.
As Wombat quoted "ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY" can go into this park and utilise it, "IF THEY ARE ALLOWED".
JOKINGLY I blame the long ago 1800's Gold prospectors, for not filling in their holes, as against our modern day prospectors filling in theirs.
If the 1800's prospectors did fill in and flatten their holes ,the area I,m sure, the powers that be would not want to turn the Golden triangle into a WORLD HERITAGE PARK.

On the other hand if the long ago 1800's Gold Prospectors did fill in their holes and the Andrews Gov still made it into a World Heritage Park,and seeing the area is flat again,they could make a carpark out of the whole of the Golden Triangle.
Then they could accommodate hundreds of thousands of world tourists,in thousands of buses,with plenty of parking,to see our W3ORL HERITAGE SITES.

SIGNED Gov think more about this.
PS Also any rally op sorts i'm in .

hapalogh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-04-19

Back to top Go down

New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation. - Page 2 Empty The man.

Post  dougy Tue May 09, 2017 7:57 pm

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/4648076/bold-goldfields-plans/

And this comes from a man with a heritage looking house in the middle of a heritage looking town of Talbot and fills he's whole roof for all to see with solar panels.??
dougy
dougy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue May 09, 2017 10:25 pm

The hypocrisy by government authorities, once again goes beyond my comprehension.  
When the land was being ravined & natural landscape was turned to ploughed hills of dirt, all for the sake of extracting gold back in the hey day, did the governing bodies care then, about the destruction of natural landscape features/habitat?  I think not. It was all about how to make a quick buck back then, as it is today. Cortez at his finest. V02  
They can declare it what ever they want, but if you want more tourists to come & see this so called World Heritage Park, (in other words more money to be made/gained from tourism), then encourage even the tourists to have a go at detecting. They then will remember their holiday as a memorable one into our goldfields & not walk away with just the thought, of seeing large open holes everywhere, as if had been done by the mythical (now extinct) 3 metre tall, Australian bunny. Shocked Q35  Incentives bring forth desire, discouragement brings forth despair.
Rules, laws, fines, I can accept, but deny not the taxpayers right, to enjoy the land he lives in, in way of his hobbies.
Once again governing officials burden the people with heavy loads & lift not a finger to ease their burden & I can only ask why?  

Cheers Kon. Q11
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  dougy Tue May 16, 2017 8:33 am

rowdy wrote:I just got an email about a media release in reply to the petition launched about the heritage park. Chris Meadows Taylor is implying that we are over reacting and that there is nothing to fear about loss of prospecting areas. This is the first tactic that Governments and councils use to get there way. Then when you think there is no changes that will affect us ,bang there in place and it's too late. Now in one word do I believe him- Answer NO New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation. - Page 2 Icon_evil
Rowdy

Petition update
Chris Meddows-Taylor (Central Goldfields councillor who initiated proposal ) Reply

New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation. - Page 2 YtTqsFDzSDLLvcQ-128x128-noPad
jason cornish
Australia

New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation. - Page 2 DOJKnznyCwntdUt-800x450-noPad
May 15, 2017 — Here is the latest 'catch up politics' from one of the main protagonists for the Heritage listing proposal.
Seems our petition and the outcry on some FACEBOOK sites has reached his office...
IF what he says is correct, they have toned down their initial statements dramatically and I thank everyone for the pressure we have put on him and the other protagonists.
GREAT WORK, lets keep it up and continue to SHARE this petition.
Feel free to send them emails or post on their social media sites..

Facebook post as of May 13, 2017 from Chris Meddows-Taylor (Central Goldfields councillor and Victorian Goldfields Tourism Executive chairman who initiated proposal )
" Lots of passion about the Goldfields region which is great but lots of misinformation. There will be a media release and a communique from the Goldfields Heritage Summit held last week. Good idea to read these and work with the actual facts and outcomes from the Summit.
The media release has been drafted and will be in outlets from next week. The communique will follow shortly after and the purpose of both is to let everyone know what was discussed and what the forward proposals are.

Given the comments here three key messages which will feature in the media release and communique:
1. In no way is there any proposal for the establishment of some new park or reserve which would exclude activities. Any sites considered as part of the process, which is referred to as a serial listing, would be the most special of the structures and buildings across the region already listed on the Victorian Heritage Register and/or the National Heritage List.
2. Consequently there would be no change to current management of prospecting and mining and other bush activities such as camping and four wheel driving. ????????????????????????????
3. The proposal if advanced requires an extensive comparative research and consultation program, ((((initially over a two year period,))))<<<<<<<< enabling all stakeholders, interest groups and individuals to have their views considered. The proposal cannot advance without this extensive research and consultation process. Everyone's views will be considered.
I suggest we allow the media release and communique, which will enable everyone to engage with the actual information, to inform the debate" CHRIS MEDDOWS-TAYLOR
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And he said this nearly ((3 years ago.))
quote;
Mr Meddows-Taylor said he thought it could take three to five years for the goldfields to earn a listing if the federal government applied to have the sites added to the list.
"How many years depends on the ((((strengths of the push)))) and the readiness of the areas to get the bits of paper together and the business case processed," he said.
"It won't be an overnight thing."
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/state-push-for-goldfields-to-be-added-to-world-heritage-list-20140903-10bys4.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND THIS WAS SAID ((8 YEARS AGO))
QUOTE;
Victorian Goldfields
Commencing in 2009, Chris developed, championed and continues to lead a major heritage and tourism cross-regional development project Victoria's Goldfields –Australia's Premier Heritage Region comprising 13 municipalities and several government agencies and regional authorities. A number of initiatives have already been implemented. The project included a proposal to rekindle the proposal for a regionally based nomination for World Heritage Listing of the Castlemaine Diggings National Park. The project was actively supported by many municipalities in the submissions to the recent Parliamentary Inquiry into Heritage Tourism and Ecotourism. Chris led the regional submission and co-ordinated the visit of the Parliamentary Committee to the Goldfields region. The Inquiry report recommended the World Heritage Listing.
In recent months Chris negotiated a memorandum of understanding between the Victorian Goldfields Tourism Executive and the National Trust of Australia (Victoria) relating to an active commitment of the NTAV to become more strategically active in the Goldfields. An early deliverable is a partnership for annual delivery of a combined Goldfields Heritage Festival commencing in 2015. Chris is on a NTAV working party to explore the role for a new NTAV Goldfields region branch.
((BLOODY CHAMPION))
https://federation.edu.au/faculties-and-schools/faculty-of-education-and-arts/staff-profiles/fellows/chris-meddows-taylor
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SAID LAST WEEK.
QUOTE;
Central Goldfields councillor and Victorian Goldfields Tourism Executive chairman Chris Meddows-Taylor said while the concept was an old one, it presented significant tourism and heritage maintenance opportunities for the region.

“It’s been around for a long time but just getting the momentum to get it going has been building in recent years and we think we’re just about
ready to go,” Cr Meddows-Taylor said.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And judging by the PMAV' outlook,it does not seem HE has been in talks or consultation sessions with any of the Appropriate body's of interest at all.Arrogance & ignorance seems to be the norm.

Obviously item 3 has not been happening over the LAST 8 YEARS.
QUOTE;
3. The proposal if advanced requires an extensive comparative research and consultation program, ((((initially over a two year period,))))<<<<<<<< enabling all stakeholders, interest groups and individuals to have their views considered. The proposal cannot advance without this extensive research and consultation process. Everyone's views will be considered.

Last week HE SAID. (((we think we’re just about
ready to go,” Cr Meddows-Taylor said.)))

AND YESTERDAY HE SAYS.((((initially over a two year period,)))
dougy
dougy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation. - Page 2 Empty new rules coming

Post  kanga1934 Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:19 pm

in last mon or tues herald-sun there was a ad on this heritage in the gold fields of our parks we have till sometime in july i have lost the paper dose anyone know the e-mail address could post on here kanga1934

kanga1934
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:05 pm

Hi Kanga I think this may be what you are looking for :- http://veac.vic.gov.au/documen…/Notice-of-investigation.pdf…

wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation. - Page 2 Empty World Heritage Proposal Hic-up

Post  ozgold 041 Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi Wombat.

Just maybe the pressure has eased. Well it’s all happening up here in the Central Goldfields Shire Today.

I’m sure you will all be pleased to know that the whole council have been sacked. That’s what you get for dodgy practices; it will all come out now.
There is more to this matter than just the CEO being a naughty boy, heads will roll.

One would have to think now, that our World Heritage Warrior/ Chairman/ Councillor Mr.Chris Meddows-Taylor, from this shire, has dropped by the way-side. Laughing

Ozgold.

ozgold 041
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2013-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  dougy Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:36 pm

dougy wrote:
rowdy wrote:I just got an email about a media release in reply to the petition launched about the heritage park. Chris Meadows Taylor is implying that we are over reacting and that there is nothing to fear about loss of prospecting areas. This is the first tactic that Governments and councils use to get there way. Then when you think there is no changes that will affect us ,bang there in place and it's too late. Now in one word do I believe him- Answer NO New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation. - Page 2 Icon_evil
Rowdy

Petition update
Chris Meddows-Taylor (Central Goldfields councillor who initiated proposal ) Reply

New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation. - Page 2 YtTqsFDzSDLLvcQ-128x128-noPad
jason cornish
Australia

New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation. - Page 2 DOJKnznyCwntdUt-800x450-noPad
May 15, 2017 — Here is the latest 'catch up politics' from one of the main protagonists for the Heritage listing proposal.
Seems our petition and the outcry on some FACEBOOK sites has reached his office...
IF what he says is correct, they have toned down their initial statements dramatically and I thank everyone for the pressure we have put on him and the other protagonists.
GREAT WORK, lets keep it up and continue to SHARE this petition.
Feel free to send them emails or post on their social media sites..

Facebook post as of May 13, 2017 from Chris Meddows-Taylor (Central Goldfields councillor and Victorian Goldfields Tourism Executive chairman who initiated proposal )
" Lots of passion about the Goldfields region which is great but lots of misinformation. There will be a media release and a communique from the Goldfields Heritage Summit held last week. Good idea to read these and work with the actual facts and outcomes from the Summit.
The media release has been drafted and will be in outlets from next week. The communique will follow shortly after and the purpose of both is to let everyone know what was discussed and what the forward proposals are.

Given the comments here three key messages which will feature in the media release and communique:
1. In no way is there any proposal for the establishment of some new park or reserve which would exclude activities. Any sites considered as part of the process, which is referred to as a serial listing, would be the most special of the structures and buildings across the region already listed on the Victorian Heritage Register and/or the National Heritage List.
2. Consequently there would be no change to current management of prospecting and mining and other bush activities such as camping and four wheel driving. ????????????????????????????
I suggest we allow the media release and communique, which will enable everyone to engage with the actual information, to inform the debate" CHRIS MEDDOWS-TAYLOR
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And he said this nearly ((3 years ago.))
quote;
Mr Meddows-Taylor said he thought it could take three to five years for the goldfields to earn a listing if the federal government applied to have the sites added to the list.
"How many years depends on the ((((strengths of the push)))) and the readiness of the areas to get the bits of paper together and the business case processed," he said.
"It won't be an overnight thing."
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/state-push-for-goldfields-to-be-added-to-world-heritage-list-20140903-10bys4.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND THIS WAS SAID ((8 YEARS AGO))
QUOTE;
Victorian Goldfields
Commencing in 2009, Chris developed, championed and continues to lead a major heritage and tourism cross-regional development project Victoria's Goldfields –Australia's Premier Heritage Region comprising 13 municipalities and several government agencies and regional authorities. A number of initiatives have already been implemented. The project included a proposal to rekindle the proposal for a regionally based nomination for World Heritage Listing of the Castlemaine Diggings National Park. The project was actively supported by many municipalities in the submissions to the recent Parliamentary Inquiry into Heritage Tourism and Ecotourism. Chris led the regional submission and co-ordinated the visit of the Parliamentary Committee to the Goldfields region. The Inquiry report recommended the World Heritage Listing.
In recent months Chris negotiated a memorandum of understanding between the Victorian Goldfields Tourism Executive and the National Trust of Australia (Victoria) relating to an active commitment of the NTAV to become more strategically active in the Goldfields. An early deliverable is a partnership for annual delivery of a combined Goldfields Heritage Festival commencing in 2015. Chris is on a NTAV working party to explore the role for a new NTAV Goldfields region branch.
((BLOODY CHAMPION))
https://federation.edu.au/faculties-and-schools/faculty-of-education-and-arts/staff-profiles/fellows/chris-meddows-taylor
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SAID LAST WEEK.
QUOTE;
Central Goldfields councillor and Victorian Goldfields Tourism Executive chairman Chris Meddows-Taylor said while the concept was an old one, it presented significant tourism and heritage maintenance opportunities for the region.

“It’s been around for a long time but just getting the momentum to get it going has been building in recent years and we think we’re just about
ready to go,” Cr Meddows-Taylor said.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And judging by the PMAV' outlook,it does not seem HE has been in talks or consultation sessions with any of the Appropriate body's of interest at all.Arrogance & ignorance seems to be the norm.

Obviously item 3 has not been happening over the LAST 8 YEARS.
QUOTE;

Last week HE SAID. (((we think we’re just about
ready to go,” Cr Meddows-Taylor said.)))

AND YESTERDAY HE SAYS.((((initially over a two year period,)))

Still smileing far right.Poetic justice.
https://www.maryboroughadvertiser.com.au/2017/08/breaking-central-goldfields/New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation. - Page 2 10510111
dougy
dougy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  rowdy Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:42 pm

If the administrators that the Andrews government appoint are greenie plants the administrators might be a law unto themselves who could push this through before we know it.
Hope I'm wrong but nothing seems to be beyond pollies these days.
Rowdy
rowdy
rowdy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:59 am

I see that Labour has romped in. Not sure if that is any good for rights to detect National parks.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:44 am

I am sure it is not going to be good news Evil or Very Mad

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:44 pm

I'll say one thing only on this,and that is the winner will not have to kowtow anymore to a minority party for their support,therefore they might think differently now on matters
regarding the bush??? lets hope so.

regards moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:46 am

As the elections are over the BUGU site will be fully concentrating on the VEAC Draft report and getting people to put in their submissions by no later than the 10th Dec. This is a must if we still want the freedom of our bush to do what we enjoy the most, prospect, without others telling us where we can and can not go.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:22 am

What on earth is in the gold fields that makes such a vast area of country eligible for heritage listing??... It is all just dirt, trees and rocks.

Also. The gold fields exist because of prospectors and miners. Therefore if anybody is eligible to be in these areas it is prospectors, fossickers and miners. We are completing and complementing what our Grandfathers and Great grandfathers started so long ago. Without their tireless efforts this country would not be what it is today. Most of the towns and cities in Australia were built on mining.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next