Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Nugget Finder Evolution Range

+2
Tributer
Jonathan Porter
6 posters

Go down

New Nugget Finder Evolution Range Empty New Nugget Finder Evolution Range

Post  Jigalong Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:51 am

I think among my prospecting mates there is one coil used way more than any other ....the Nugget Finder 12 × 7 solid. I have found over 1000 nuggets with it and never go prosecting without two of them and a couple of spare skid plates.

So I find it incredible that Nugget Finder have chosen not to make this model in the new Evolution Series.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

New Nugget Finder Evolution Range Empty Re: New Nugget Finder Evolution Range

Post  Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:01 am

Jigalong I know how you feel.
I mainly detect for large gold and at times I use a 20 inch DD coil with the sharp timmings.
Sure wish Nugget Finder would start making a large DD coil again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:14 am

Jigalong wrote:I think among my prospecting mates there is one coil used way more than any other ....the  Nugget Finder 12 × 7 solid. I have found over 1000 nuggets with it and never go prosecting without two of them and a couple of spare skid plates.

So I find it incredible that Nugget Finder have chosen not to make this model in the new Evolution Series.

That's because the windings will not fit into the housing, due to spacing requirements. Smallest they can make in an elliptical shape is 14". The 14" is way more sensitive than old 12 x 7 Advantage anyway, so you get way more bang for your buck with the 14".

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:42 am

Jigalong!!!!, good to see you on the forum....its been a while. Where you been hiding...
Steve
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:50 am

I've got the new 14x9 evolution coil and what a great coil it is, the very first time I used it I picked up a .09gram nugget 5 inches it's like a  2300 on steroids. I will post the video when I get home from the gold fields or you can check it out on my YouTube

Last edited by HOBO'S Gold on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2008-10-22

https://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:55 am

Customer who recently bought a brand new GPX 5000 found his first piece of gold with one yesterday followed very quickly by another a few minutes later. All were deep but obvious signals. I'm very impressed with the performance lift of these coils on the GPX series machines.

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:09 am

Here is that video of the Nugget finder 14x9 evo. I was surprised how good they are.
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:31 pm

Thats awesome Johnny. Nice little find & at a bit of depth. That signal really pinged. T06 Cheers. Smile

Hi Jonathen, Nice to see you posting. Good to see you back. Q27  Hope you hang around.....

Good luck out there

JW   V08
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:59 pm

That was impressive, such a small bit at 10cm. Thank you for posting the video.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:02 pm

Thsnks for your inpit Jonathon Porter.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:08 pm

Tributer - Hi Steve
I did not go to WA last winter as I went OS with my wife. First time in ten years, I have not spent winter on the WA goldfields

I might get over there in July this year though. Fingers crossed. I heard you had become a full time ptospector. Are you still over there ?

Mike
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:17 am

hi all, I was in love with the 14 round advantage coil (still am) but after the intro of the evo coils my 14 is my goto spare love the depth and sensitivity of the 15 round on a range of nugget sizes and depths and the 12 is a freak!!! to say the least nailed a 2.4gm nugget at 300mm not a loud target but it stoped me Very Happy hey JP do you and your guys have any info on the new 19 evo due to be released soon??? done any testing??? hoping they work as good as the 12 and 15 on my 5000 cheers joe,

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:26 am

I was told by someone that the nuggetfinder Evolution coils work better on particular settings, and don't work as well on say "enhance", is this correct as I have been thinking of getting the 14x9 for use on my 4500, can anyone give some advice on what setting best suit these coils?

Thanks in advance

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:14 pm

The new Flat wound coils from both manufacturers provide real world performance gains with the GPX 4500, in fact on the small coils 11", 12" and 14" ellips I feel brings them up on par with and possibly in some cases beyond the Fine Gold timings of the GPX 5000 without the Saturation of the 5K using a Flat wound coil in Fine Gold. I am very impressed with the newer 4500 machines using these coils, at present they represent very good value for money.

BTW the Nugget Finder coils work very well in Enhance and so do the Elite coils.

The 19" coil is less impressive compared to the smaller coil sizes comparatively speaking but does provide very good sensitivity for such a large coil, the sweet spot seems to be around the 0.1gm up to 15 gram range with equivalent depth as the old Advantage coils on stuff in the larger category unless it is specimen gold, then the gold weight doesn't really come into it but more the targets overall shape.

Hope this helps
JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:17 am

gday, JP cheers for your reply! mate how do you think the 19' evo whould proform against the advantage 25 round as i was thinking of replacing her with the 19" just wondering what if anything the 19" whould have over the 25" and are there any prefered settings for bigger coils on the 5000 cheers joe,

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:20 am

Jonathan Porter wrote:The new Flat wound coils from both manufacturers provide real world performance gains with the GPX 4500, in fact on the small coils 11", 12" and 14" ellips I feel brings them up on par with and possibly in some cases beyond the Fine Gold timings of the GPX 5000 without the Saturation of the 5K using a Flat wound coil in Fine Gold. I am very impressed with the newer 4500 machines using these coils, at present they represent very good value for money.

BTW the Nugget Finder coils work very well in Enhance and so do the Elite coils.

The 19" coil is less impressive compared to the smaller coil sizes comparatively speaking but does provide very good sensitivity for such a large coil, the sweet spot seems to be around the 0.1gm up to 15 gram range with equivalent depth as the old Advantage coils on stuff in the larger category unless it is specimen gold, then the gold weight doesn't really come into it but more the targets overall shape.

Hope this helps
JP

Hi JP

Thanks for the reply, I had my doubts about whether there really were particular settings for use with the evolution/elite coils as I was told,  because I thought that coiltek and nuggetfinder would have stipulated that when they were released, or dealers at least would have been giving buyers the heads up on it, also I would like to query your comment if you don't mind on the newer release gpx4500?

"I am very impressed with the newer 4500 machines using these coils, at present they represent very good value for money."

My gpx4500 is ten years old now and I cant seem to let go of it as it will still get consistent gold, its been it to minelab about three or four times since I have had it for minor repair issues, with the new release of the 4500 I thought about buying a new one, briefly, anyway I got to thinking about whether or not the newly released model 4500 was in any way different than the earlier models 45's, in your opinion would you say there has been any change in performance or upgrades made to the newer ones that will make them outperform the earlier version?

Thanks in advance

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:14 am

joe82 wrote:gday, JP cheers for your reply! mate how do you think the 19' evo whould proform against the advantage 25 round as i was thinking of replacing her with the 19" just wondering what if anything the 19" whould have over the 25" and are there any prefered settings for bigger coils on the 5000 cheers joe,

I've not had a chance to fully test the outright depth on larger gold but I'd say the 25" would have to be better if the target is large, however for sensitivity the 19" will be like a blend of the old 14" round and at the same time equivalent to a 20" Advantage coil for depth.

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:40 am

au-fever wrote:
Hi JP

Thanks for the reply, I had my doubts about whether there really were particular settings for use with the evolution/elite coils as I was told,  because I thought that coiltek and nuggetfinder would have stipulated that when they were released, or dealers at least would have been giving buyers the heads up on it, also I would like to query your comment if you don't mind on the newer release gpx4500?

"I am very impressed with the newer 4500 machines using these coils, at present they represent very good value for money."

My gpx4500 is ten years old now and I cant seem to let go of it as it will still get consistent gold, its been it to minelab about three or four times since I have had it for minor repair issues, with the new release of the 4500 I thought about buying a new one, briefly, anyway I got to thinking about whether or not the newly released model 4500 was in any way different than the earlier models 45's, in your opinion would you say there has been any change in performance or upgrades made to the newer ones that will make them outperform the earlier version?

Thanks in advance

au-fever

I just use the Evo coils as I would the regular ones with probably the only exception being using less Gain to avoid Saturation signals.

The later 4500s seem more refined than the original GPX 4500s, the GB seems more precise and the audio seems less harsh over the ground. Basically they seem smoother and quieter to operate. I can't believe how many 4500s we've sold in the shop lately, at the moment they really do represent excellent value for money when combined with a flat wind coil.

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:34 pm

I did a test with the 14x9 coil with a .06 gram nug and the most sensitive spot on the coil is not at the very front, but 2 inches back from the toe, if you want to pin point with this coil its 2 inches further back from the toe. not sure if this is different with a bigger nug.
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:51 am

OK, thanks for your help.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:13 am

Jonathan Porter wrote:
joe82 wrote:gday, JP cheers for your reply! mate how do you think the 19' evo whould proform against the advantage 25 round as i was thinking of replacing her with the 19" just wondering what if anything the 19" whould have over the 25" and are there any prefered settings for bigger coils on the 5000 cheers joe,

I've not had a chance to fully test the outright depth on larger gold but I'd say the 25" would have to be better if the target is large, however for sensitivity the 19" will be like a blend of the old 14" round and at the same time equivalent to a 20" Advantage coil for depth.

JP                                                                              
                                                                                                                                            cheers mate looks like the 19 will be the new addition to my coil collection but the 25 will stilll  be the go to coil for multi ounce slugs now all i have to do is find them cheers JP

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:20 am

Jonathan Porter wrote:
au-fever wrote:
Hi JP

Thanks in advance

au-fever

I just use the Evo coils as I would the regular ones with probably the only exception being using less Gain to avoid Saturation signals.

The later 4500s seem more refined than the original GPX 4500s, the GB seems more precise and the audio seems less harsh over the ground. Basically they seem smoother and quieter to operate. I can't believe how many 4500s we've sold in the shop lately, at the moment they really do represent excellent value for money when combined with a flat wind coil.

JP

Hi Jp

Thanks for the reply, in regards to the newer 4500's being quieter to operate, do you think that they are less sensitive then than the earlier ones or about the same but just better at handling the ground?, a mate has both an old one and a later one but he says he cant see any difference in them at all really?

I am finding it hard to part with my old 4500 so maybe in the end I will just buy a newer one and keep it as my backup, I suppose the only way to find out is to try them side by side and see, but I am not surprised that people are opting for the 4500 as the price is right and they will still find consistent gold, they are hard to beat when used in conjunction with a sdc2300.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:26 am

au-fever wrote:

Hi Jp

Thanks for the reply, in regards to the newer 4500's being quieter to operate, do you think that they are less sensitive then than the earlier ones or about the same but just better at handling the ground?, a mate has both an old one and a later one but he says he cant see any difference in them at all really?

I am finding it hard to part with my old 4500 so maybe in the end I will just buy a newer one and keep it as my backup, I suppose the only way to find out is to try them side by side and see, but I am not surprised that people are opting for the 4500 as the price is right and they will still find consistent gold, they are hard to beat when used in conjunction with a sdc2300.

au-fever

The newer 4500s seem to be smoother overall, sensitivity seems on par just that they sound smoother and nicer to use. The ground balance seems more precise and clean as well. If your thinking of getting a new 4500 give us a shout at The Outback Prospector, tell Freida Jonathan sent you and to sharpen her pencil Razz .

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down