Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPZ 7000 19'' coil test sites

+10
Reg Wilson
alchemist
rc62burke
Qld Sandy
Jack outwest
titiwhaka
kon61
slimpickens
jasong
GypsyGoldAu
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GPZ 7000 19'' coil test sites - Page 2 Empty Re: GPZ 7000 19'' coil test sites

Post  CDave Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:19 pm

Thanks Ray, I will see what happens. I gave up on forums, until now, after all the nastiness being played out after the GPZ7000 release. I am after technical info not game play. I tend to detect alone and don't know anyone with a GPZ within a day's drive to compare. I looked now just to see if any others have the same problem.
dave

CDave
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  pilbara snapper Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:17 pm

Hi Dave,
For what it's worth I ran a gpx 5000 with a 12" nf mono in fine gold over a small run until nothing else came out, I found gold and lots of small iron ......fast forward went back with the 7000 in hy yield/ diff with the 14in and cranked up and was stunned at the trash and nuggets that came out both shallow and deep,nothing big, but over an oz in bits from this run and an oz. more from the outskirts of the run. I would not go back to the 5000
Some other old spots have given nothing.
Regards brian

pilbara snapper
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin R Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:14 pm

This sounds like the release of the Z all over gain ,
Reg I dont know you , how can anyone say a coil is no good after 3 days of using it Exclamation
As others have said here you gota walk over it to find in the 1st place , maybe your site's have been depleted of yellow rock and for you to throw away 1.3K just like that means you either have $$$ to throw away or you just couldn't giva.
Surely there must be some spots in Vic where you and this coil can go?
Not stirring the pot or anything like that, did you say that your were a ML tester a while ago ? Just asking thats all !

Marty

Martin R
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:51 pm

Well Reg and I have had our moments, but he has been in this game for almost 40 years, as well as making his living at it for many of those years. I don’t think he needed three days to decide it was a dog. I think the only reason it took that long was he was most disappointed and he tried to find something
good about the coil….and failed.
Hell, I’ve only been detecting a bit over half that long and it doesn’t take me three days to decide I made a mistake buying a coil.

Get over it, buy one if you want and have your own opinion!
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  CDave Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:51 am

Thank you for your interest Brian, I could not give up my GPZ either!! I think too much detail was left out in my original post in an effort to keep it short.

I too had very similar results with a NF 17” elliptical on my GPX5000. Followed up by the GPZ7000 finding many nuggets from sites I thought worked out. Many of these nuggets were deep for their size and at the limits of the machine and sometimes I wondered how I picked out the target at all. When out with my detecting mate, with a GPX5000, we call the other over when an interesting signal is found. Often he cannot hear mine and sometimes I am saying his is just ground noise...

The 5000 now powers my drag along sled with a 24x12” coil – great results from this.
My SDC2300 is often in my backpack when out in the hills or being used as a pin pointer for the sled or the GPZ...
These machines have payed for themselves... I'm trying to show that I know about detectors and how to use them.

And, I certainly know how to set up test bed experiments and analyse data...

Enough for now. I don’t want to contribute to another Z scrap flare up.
dave

CDave
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:08 pm

I had another couple of test sites to report on, but seeing that the results were no more positive than those previous, and most people are aware of the situation, I feel it would be like sinking the boots into a dead dog. (pun intended)
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin R Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:12 pm

Makes you wonder if the end retail coil is any different to the test units
Surely ML could F up this badly or could they?

M.

Martin R
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:25 pm

Now, what was I saying on the subject, hmmmm?????????????
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2