Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

800oz nugget found in WA

+6
goldrunner
Dunnart
gim
Kudu
gollstar
thegolddude
10 posters

Go down

800oz nugget found in WA Empty 800oz nugget found in WA

Post  thegolddude Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:33 pm

Just saw a picture of the front page of the Kalgoorlie miner newspaper with a whopping nugget. 23kg!
Any coincidence that it 'appears' just when Minelab release their latest detector? Graham

thegolddude
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

800oz nugget found in WA Empty Re: 800oz nugget found in WA

Post  gollstar Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:00 pm

I cant find an image of it yet but found this story.

http://www.kalminer.com.au/Regionals.aspx?MenuID=326&ContentID=167123
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Kudu Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:05 am

Jeez Dude

Why do some people always just see the negative side of things. It reminds me of the old story where it was "said" that if you backtrack the song Spanish Train, (Chris de Burgh), you get a message from the devil! If you really believe this, you WILL probably hear it!

The publishing of this photo or people in the photo, has got nothing to do with Minelab. They are traders and they were the people who sold this specific nugget. These persons attended the APLA AGM last weekend and intruduced themselves and their business to the delegates. This specific photo was also circulated at the time and this is propably where the newspaper got hold of the story.

I guess its everybody for him/herself, but I personally believe to concentrate on the positive things in live and not waste any energy on something not worthwile. This negativity seems to be popping up regurarly at this forum lately. I specifically joined this forum and not some of the others, because of the positive attitude of its members. WE should keep it this way or this forum will become just as the others and eventually loose its most valuable members.

Best

Kudu
Kudu
Kudu
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

800oz nugget found in WA Empty 800 ozs nugget found in WA

Post  gim Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:16 pm

hi kudu
youre right a lot of negative coments, but the biggest tragedy is that no one in australia is going to buy it, going over seas to america, going to be displayed in melboure i hear, you would think some rich person would have made a bid for it.. or will have to go find my own.. gim

gim
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunnart Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:04 pm

Sorry if I offend anyone with my point of view(even if it is negative).

I don't believe this story for one minute. I think these guys are just promoting their gold investing business. All that's been mentioned anywhere are "photos" produced by these guys, and their story about USA buyers. I have spoken to a guy that was at the APLA meeting last week, and contrary to the self-promotion-speak by these guys, many at the meeting were suspicious about the finds authenticity.

I hope I end up with egg on my face, but I somehow don't think so!

Dunnart
Dunnart
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:16 pm

It looks real enough but in the photo the way they are just holding the nugget on the palms of their hands is suss like the comments say, id be under a bit of strain holding onto that nugget that way, it doesnt look exactly balanced, almost 25 kg's in the palm of your hand would make me show some strain not least because of its value and i would hate to drop somthing like that.

http://www.vanbergeijk.com/2010/09/01/the-third-largest-gold-nugget-in-the-world/comment-page-1/#comment-38228
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:26 am

something that big and worth that much i would be using 2 hands to hold it i think...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kudu Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:30 pm

G'day

It's just happened again!!!! You can probably read into the picture anything you want. Your state of mind will determine the outcome!!!!! Fact of the matter is that the person does not have the nugget in his hand. The nuggets rests on its side, and the hand is just holding it upright!

Best

Kudu
Kudu
Kudu
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

800oz nugget found in WA Empty 800oz nugget

Post  goldrunner Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:07 pm

I once held a nine kilo nugget and it wasnt that easy to hold. Those two look to be doing it very easy with something more than twice the size. Very suspect!

goldrunner
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

800oz nugget found in WA Empty 800 ozs nugget found in WA

Post  gim Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:37 pm

hi all.... 800ozs nugget

800oz nugget found in WA AusroxGoldNuggetRGpics083

gim
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:28 pm

G'day Guys

Its good to believe that Nuggets of that size, are still in existence,and are just waiting to be
swung over.
WA; Here comes another gold rush.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunnart Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:51 pm

Quickly sold and whisked away before anyone can see it, and just a few photos from a gold investing business is all there is for show and tell, isn't going to make a new gold rush kon61.

If anything the ambiguity in which it has come and gone is making the whole story look very suspicious if you ask me!

However there is always the gullible to keep a good story going I guess.

Very Happy
Dunnart
Dunnart
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:55 pm

Nice pic Gim.

Sure looks like a nice example of Mother Nature's handiwork.
Thanks for posting such a fine image.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:39 am

G'day Dunnart.

I for one,just like every other prospector know that nuggets of that size are as scarce as hens teeth.
Just because i haven't stumbled on one after 20+ years of metal detecting doesn't mean that no more slugs
of that caliber exist.Whether or not there is any truth to the above story,i don't know.I wasn't there during
the discovery,nor the one photographed holding the nugget.I'd certainly be "gullible" if i believed that nuggets
of 800oz+ are a common occurrence and are currently being found on a regular basis like they were back in
the 1850/60S. As for a new gold rush,well neither can i recall ever reading any historical documentation,that
stated "800oz nugget found" that didn't stir some form of gold rush in the past.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

800oz nugget found in WA Empty 23.26kg Ausrox Nugget

Post  Ausrox Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:51 pm

The Ausrox Nugget is currently on display at the Melbourne Museum until the end of November 2011 as it was the first public institution to put its hand up to display it.
To all the sceptics and naysayers, it is real, it is heavy, it requires two hands (or two people) to hold it, and it is a stunning nugget.
I am negotiating for it to go on display in Kalgoorlie once the contract with Melbourne Museum expires towards the end of 2011. The Kalgoorlie Miner has been the only media to date interested enough to actually publish a story on the nugget.

Ausrox
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Kudu Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:45 pm

Hi All

I rest my case.....!

Best

Kudu
Kudu
Kudu
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Razgo Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:57 pm

This sounds like the story i was told a couple months ago by a gold prospector shop owner.

Apparently 2 guys discovered this huge nugget at Kalgoorlie somewhere and eventually had some sort of disagreement over it and word got out at the pub and then from there the story went like wild fire.

His mate was out that way detecting and reckon he came across something like a thousand people in the middle of nowhere dragging their detectors and lots of pushing & shoving going on. even old grannies dragging detectors weighing as much as they do trying to find the gold. Apparently it was like a miniature city had sprung up in the middle of nowhere. This story coincides with the above find at Kalgoorlie. The shop owner said he had people in his store buying detectors and charging them up in the car on a one way mission to Kalgoorlie.

so buggered if i know affraid

Razgo
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2010-11-04

http://www.medicalpricewatch.com.au/

Back to top Go down