Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best New Tech Coils for GPX4500

4 posters

Go down

Best New Tech Coils for GPX4500 Empty Best New Tech Coils for GPX4500

Post  Harb Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:59 pm

Hi everyone,

Next season I will be heading to the west to partake in a bit of leisure.....

I have never done any detecting in WA at all, but I will be taking my GPZ7000 and the new coil.....hope its out by then lol........and 2 GPX4500's , one will be setup on my ATV as a coil dragger, and the other used by hand.

My question is what are your favorite new technology coils for the 4500 that would be good in WA ?

I have a lot of coild, but nothing new.....all are a few years old.

Harb
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Best New Tech Coils for GPX4500 Empty Re: Best New Tech Coils for GPX4500

Post  Guest Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:48 pm

G'day Harb,

A lot of people are using the new coiltek elite coils, nugget finder evolution coils and the new detech coils on their GPX detectors. There's been some good results from what I've been hearing with these new coils. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:36 pm

Thanks Mike,

I have been out of it for a while and have heard there has beem some improvements, but I was't sure which ones were the way to go......thanks for the info
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  California Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:17 am

Just finished using the 12" Evolution on my M/L 4500 with great results in old patches. I have to say my other old tech coils did a great job overall, but I did notice that the Evolution and I am sure the Elite and Detech coils are better in regards to smaller size gold at depth. I picked up 12 pieces in two old patches that the other coils missed. I ran mine in Enhanced mode, stab 8 , gain 13, and audio quite. Tried it in Normal but way to much ground noise even with reduced gain and lower stab.

I still say for the buck, the Commander 11" Mono is a Killer of a coil and one I would keep as a reserve.
California
California
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2016-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:01 am

hey guys , i also use the 12 and 15 evo boath with great results where i have found gold before!!!!

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  colour Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:48 am

Bump into a newbie prospector few days ago in the g.t. and had doubts about his new gpx5000 with 11 inch minelab mono coil. Shortly after I got a very faint signal with my gpx4500 fitted with a 11inch coiltek elite mono coil and called him over to test his machine with settings similar to mine. After comparing detectors, he could not believe that his machine did not ping it - 0.07gram nugget. An hour later I called him over again to another very faint target, we compared detectors with similar settings and no response from his machine. I suggested we change coils and the look on his face was priceless. The signal strength was identical to mine, ended up being a half gram nugget at about 7 inches.
colour
colour
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:42 pm

colour wrote:Bump into a newbie prospector few days ago in the g.t. and had doubts about his new gpx5000 with 11 inch minelab mono coil. Shortly after I got a very faint signal with my gpx4500 fitted with a 11inch coiltek elite mono coil and called him over to test his machine with settings similar to mine. After comparing detectors, he could not believe that his machine did not ping it - 0.07gram nugget. An hour later I called him over again to another very faint target, we compared detectors with similar settings and no response from his machine. I suggested we change coils and the look on his face was priceless. The signal strength was identical to mine, ended up being a half gram nugget at about 7 inches.

G'day colour,

Did you try the 5000 in the fine gold setting as I have always found the fine gold was much better than the enhance mode setting. Just wondering what settings you tried on the 5000?

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  colour Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:15 pm

Hi Mike

With the 0.07 gram nugget, it was on fine gold timing. With the coiltek coil detecting the 0.5 gram nugget both fine gold and enhance timing were used, both gave identical responses. We were expecting fine gold to give a better signal. With the commander coil no signal in either timing.

In the past on two occassions where the ground mineralisation was bad, I have noticed that sensitive smooth gave a better response than enhance to undug nuggets.

Settings used;
.mono mode
.fixed tracking
.volume limit - 12
.motion - very slow
.gain - 16 (5000), 12 (4500)
.audio - boost
.stabilizer - 8
.audio tone - 55
.target volume - 18
.signal peak - 18
.response - normal
colour
colour
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:42 pm

Thanks colour for your reply, hmm I to thought the same about the fine gold timing you should have received a better response signal wise, even the the .07 I would have thought you'd have gotten a little response from it. I found a .05 grm bit using the 14" round NFA coil on my 5000 with very similar settings as yours above, mind you it wasn't far in the ground as I scraped it out with my boot. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:36 pm

Ended up picking up a couple of new coils for the 4500's we also still have.....crickey I have a lot of coils now.......and whats worse we have 2 of everything......I only brought one of each today though.

I ended up getting a 14" Elite and a 18" elite.......I was near going to get the 10" as well then just get ride of all the earlier ones, but I will see how these go.

Hopefully we can get away in the next couple of weeks for a few days prospecting with the new coils and the 19 for the 7000
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

gold bug sniper likes this post

Back to top Go down