Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new member from scotland

3 posters

Go down

new member from scotland Empty new member from scotland

Post  D mcmichael Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:21 am

hi there my name is davy and I live in southern Scotland I have been into gold hunting for a few years as I live near the gold fields at leadhills I hunt with a few detectors fisher f19 sd 2200d and a gpz 7000 the 7000 is buy far the best detector I have ever used sold a gpx 5000 sd2300 to get it went over same patch with it as the rest of the detectors and picked up nine nuggets from 1.5 grams to .25 I like this site as there is some very clever people on here and like the wealth of knowledge about gold detecting there are not a lot of people over here into nugget detecting the only fault I have with the gpz it can be chattery at times I run it on high yield normal volume 4 gain 10 threshold 27 threshold pich 53 target volume 8 with headphones most of the ground is covered with heather and grass but where it is thin or broken away you can detect I will put a picture of the gold on when I figure how to do it cheers davy

D mcmichael
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-10-14

Back to top Go down

new member from scotland Empty Re: new member from scotland

Post  Guest Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:08 am

G'day davy and welcome to the forum

Your right there is plenty of good info and good people here.  It is interesting to read what other people around the world are doing, as we mostly think of Scotland and the UK in general as relic and old coin hunting and not much in the way of gold nuggets over there, look like your getting onto gold nuggets, so congrats on your finds.

Putting up pictures is a bit of a process but once you get used to it all good.

Step 1
new member from scotland Postin11

Step 2
new member from scotland Postin12

Step 3
new member from scotland Postin13

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:57 pm

Welcome to the forum Davy. Ask & it will be answered. Seek & ye shall find. Q35 cheers

Cheers Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi there Davy, you have posted them up on here earlier. https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t24292-some-gold-nuggets-gpz-7000-scotland. Very well done too.

Good luck out there

JW  V08
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down