Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CTX3030 in high trash areas on the gold fields.

2 posters

Go down

CTX3030 in high trash areas on the gold fields. Empty CTX3030 in high trash areas on the gold fields.

Post  AUoptimist Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:29 am

Hi Folks,
Has anyone here tried their 3030 in the gold fields, particularly around the old miners camps/huts which from experience with 5000/7000 makes these locations very hard if not impossible to detect due to the high concentrations of metallic junk?
Not sure if this topic has been covered here before.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers, AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

CTX3030 in high trash areas on the gold fields. Empty Re: CTX3030 in high trash areas on the gold fields.

Post  GemQ Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:44 am

AUoptimist wrote:Hi Folks,
Has anyone here tried their 3030 in the gold fields, particularly around the old miners camps/huts which from experience with 5000/7000 makes these locations very hard if not impossible to detect due to the high concentrations of metallic junk?
Not sure if this topic has been covered here before.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers, AUoptimist.

If you have a look in the member finds you'll see I found a nice piece of gold last week. The CTX struggles right on the reef lines or highly mineralised ground to punch deep, but away from the noisy ground it works very well.
GemQ
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

CTX3030 in high trash areas on the gold fields. Empty Re: CTX3030 in high trash areas on the gold fields.

Post  AUoptimist Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:57 pm

Hi GemQ,
Yes I saw your post on members finds, nice one. I mostly use my 7000 and occasionally the 5000 in rocky ground,my main interest with the 3030 will be the areas around the old miners camps where most of the targets should be fairly shallow, I hope.
Cheers, AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  GemQ Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:50 pm

AUoptimist wrote:Hi GemQ,
Yes I saw your post on members finds, nice one. I mostly use my 7000 and occasionally the 5000 in rocky ground,my main interest with the 3030 will be the areas around the old miners camps where most of the targets should be fairly shallow, I hope.
Cheers, AUoptimist.

It will work fine in the camps, still plenty of great relics left where the PI machines fear to go.
GemQ
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down