Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to say hello

5 posters

Go down

Time to say hello Empty Time to say hello

Post  rockhunter62 Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:58 pm

Hi all,
        Been looking at the forum for the last couple of weeks and thought that I should say hello. I've used Minelab detectors in the past in another line of work (military bom ) and would love to get into the detecting world for my oncoming retirement. That might take a few more years but it is time to start researching, detectors, locations etc. Would like to get a SDC 2300 to start with.

I live in the Townsville area and have access to some properties in the Charters Towers region. We have tried a bit of gem fossicking in Qld as a novice. We intend to move to the New England region of NSW sometime in the coming years.

rc62burke, Lee, I might try to come out to the Townsville Metal Detecting Club sometime in late May/June after we get back from our holidays to Glen Innes.

I hope to make friends and learn the ropes from you all. Very Happy

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Time to say hello Empty Re: Time to say hello

Post  kon61 Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Welcome aboard Doug.

Cheers Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:34 am

rockhunter62 wrote:Hi all,
        Been looking at the forum for the last couple of weeks and thought that I should say hello. I've used Minelab detectors in the past in another line of work (military bom ) and would love to get into the detecting world for my oncoming retirement. That might take a few more years but it is time to start researching, detectors, locations etc. Would like to get a SDC 2300 to start with.

I live in the Townsville area and have access to some properties in the Charters Towers region. We have tried a bit of gem fossicking in Qld as a novice. We intend to move to the New England region of NSW sometime in the coming years.

rc62burke, Lee, I might try to come out to the Townsville Metal Detecting Club sometime in late May/June after we get back from our holidays to Glen Innes.

Doug

Hi Doug
Mate by all means have a look at the club, but you will no longer find me there with those bunch of jealous, back stabbing pricks !!!! that is as polite as I can put it here, there are some good ones there but they are sheep unfortunately.
If you want to have a chat I always have time for a cuppa with a keen newbie & am happy to help where I can so just PM me here & we may be able to get together, I have an SDC & a SD2200 quite happy to do a quick day trip so you can try it out before you buy.
cheers
Lee

p.s the stories you hear are larger than life my friend.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  nuggethill Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:45 am

Welcome to the forum Rockhunter62

lots of knowledge here mate

sorry dummy spit
I joined a fossicking/detecting club in Sydney fifteen years ago no names
and with there first outing they made me feel like a leper so I never went back
it turned me off joining clubs Suspect
nuggethill
nuggethill
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2016-02-23

http://nuggethill65@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:08 pm

rc62burke wrote:
rockhunter62 wrote:Hi all,

Doug

Hi Doug
Mate by all means have a look at the club, but you will no longer find me there with those bunch of jealous, back stabbing pricks !!!! that is as polite as I can put it here, there are some good ones there but they are sheep unfortunately.
If you want to have a chat I always have time for a cuppa with a keen newbie & am happy to help where I can so just PM me here & we may be able to get together, I have an SDC & a SD2200 quite happy to do a quick day trip so you can try it out before you buy.
cheers
Lee

p.s the stories you hear are larger than life my friend.

T04 amen to that brother Wink welcome aboard Doug, the club as with all clubs can be a very informative place with like minded people who share a common passion but as always a few at the business end will drive the agenda Rolling Eyes .....for reasons known only to themselves  Wink , good health and good luck to those among them that deserve it and a pox on the rest  T37 ....rant over  silent   if you liked picking up shiny rocks your going to love picking up the yellow ones lol! get some time on a couple of different machines if you can before you buy anything, each can have its place and limitations there's some good bargains out there if your a second hand buyer, as one of our great leaders once said " no man is the suppository of all knowledge " you will find that this forum and its archives and available member knowledge can be a great resource.....enjoy.

Wayne cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:26 pm

Welcome to the forum Doug

The sdc2300 is a great little machine!
You will love once you find your first piece of gold with it.

Lee is a ripper of a fella, so take him up on his offer Q38

Any questions ask away,
am sure all the good members on here will be able to answer you Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Time to say hello Empty Thanks

Post  rockhunter62 Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:25 pm

Hi all,
  Thanks for the welcome, I will definately take any help provided.

Lee, I will give you a pm before I get back from my holidays mid May, your offer will be grateful.

Thanks again folks. lol!

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down