Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gday to all

3 posters

Go down

Gday to all Empty Gday to all

Post  aussie farmer Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:36 pm

Gday , I am a farmer born and bred , I have always admired nature and the structures and formations it displays, being on the land I have grown up looking at rocks and soil types and it has always tweeked something inside me.
I have recently purchased a sdc2300 and am finding plenty of lead , I reckon I could reload a few shotty shells all ready, most gold within an hour or twos drive would generally be considered flour gold with only a few records of nuggets.

I basically bought the sdc to check the rock out crops on my farm and so far I am finding all the bullets I have let fly over the years and many more, I don't expect to find much gold here but the fever has me and I will soon have to do a trip or two to where it is and get my first detected gold .

I do a fair bit of highbanking and panning and also chase a few sapphires but the urge to hear the sdc sing and have gold I can roll between my fingers is getting stronger and will need satisfying soon .

Some of you will know me from the PA forum and will be used to my sense of humor and odd questions and as for the rest of you I hope we will form a good bond and as for my humor you will find I would rather have a god laugh then windge and moan about stuff , lifes short so enjoy it. Very Happy
aussie farmer
aussie farmer
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2016-02-07

Back to top Go down

Gday to all Empty Re: Gday to all

Post  Grandfather Johnson Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:06 pm

Welcome Aussie Farmer, there are many informed detectives on this site whom I am sure will guide in the right direction. I see you are from here ,I have been here now some fifteen years, before that I was over there, some might say that's neither here nor there. Just my feeble attempt at humour. Cheers

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:34 am

Welcome Aussie Farmer.
I already been there and back, here and there.
I also like nature and enjoy bush.I also like knitting but gave up due to girls thinking i am one of their own.
I also like people who have sense of humor or at least try to have a go.

2300 is great detector and it will not be long before you get a little nugget.
I understand your location is here but if you come here i wouldn't mind to take you there and help you find few little nuggets.

Now when you know me just let me know when you come here.if you dont come here then stay there.

What type of farming you do?
Hope you have little time to enjoy this great hobby.

Little bit of joking on side if you have any gold related questions please ask.

Welcome and enjoy.

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  aussie farmer Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:52 pm

yep been here all my life and love it , I figured everybody else was from there because I am the only one here Laughing (sthn tablelands nsw).
farming hey 5000 fine wool sheep, a couple of hundred xb , 200 angus breeders and usually 200 hectares of crop. a bit of each to balance the market fluctuations.
as for time... it is short on but I get out as much as possible and love it .

aussie farmer
aussie farmer
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2016-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:38 pm

Hi Aussiefarmer.
If your going to find something it will be with the 2300.You've picked the right machine good luck out there.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down