Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using your 4WD overnight

+7
Narrawa
Goldanfish
bp77
HueyDuck
GoldstalkerGPX
artrix
Kon61gold
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Using your 4WD overnight - Page 2 Empty Re: Using your 4WD overnight

Post  ivanll Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:29 pm

https://www.whitworths.com.au/main_itemdetail.asp?item=92100&search123=Solar+powerd+vent&intAbsolutePage=1

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:59 am

Gday

I have been looking in to these ones, the seller lives not far from me and I have been waiting to hear back from him so that I can drop in and have a look at one, I am thinking about fitting them behind some vent panels that I am going to put on to a couple of the side windows, that way the solar panel runs them whenever or whichever side is getting the sun at the time, and they also have a thermostat too so will only operate within the temperature range and not all the time.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SOLAR-FRIDGE-FAN-CARAVAN-MOTORHOME-RV-BOAT-OTHER-/260703404215?pt=Caravan_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb32240b7

I have also fitted a second fan (computer type fan) into the waeco fridge casing that is piggy backed off the wiring to the first fan, so one blows air in and the other blows air out the other side, I fitted a switch as well so that I dont have to run it all the time only when it get s really hot, seems to be helping the fridge out a lot, so these other fans should be beneficial for clearing hot air out of the interior of the car when parked up.

I will post some more info when I see these fans and if they are suitable I will fit them in and see what they are like.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Using your 4WD overnight - Page 2 Empty camping overnight

Post  starry Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:38 pm

hi guys have only ever used the 6 man tent for both of us plus the tarp , bit hard to see in the dark , am now starting on canopy for trailer to use as its easier to take than mrs poptop caravan it just to heavy and too big to get in some places , should come in at under $500 all ready to go by end of year Cheers Mick[img]Using your 4WD overnight - Page 2 101_0412[/img]
starry
starry
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-08-02

http://tas-prospecting.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Scratching Ckicken Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:02 pm

I’m 70 years young and travel usually with a camper sometimes even with the camper will sleep in a swag lol I have a dog and he feels he has to look out the fly screen and keep guard . The main thing is have a good mattress and or air bed but mostly put my swag on dune delux stretcher come lounge chair $170 off the ground as I don’t like bugs . In Mosman Queensland I toss the swag on the roof rack little less comfortable but I already have an amputated hand I don’t want crocks getting me.
The secret is do your research you have to be sensible ,I don’t like caravans as they get too hot in the heat with little windows .in the goldfields if your not ready to stay a month and you see storm coming or forecast load up and run because a little rain and your not moving . And don’t risk kids out there . You got a wife take her to a motel or pub with accommodation. Don’t listen to the bull Oh I love camping it’s so romantic let’s buy a caravan ..perhaps mum and dad could come
Scratching Ckicken
Scratching Ckicken
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2023-10-18

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2