Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APLA Any comments

+5
Nightjar
evan2010
Undertaker
Topcat
Kon61gold
9 posters

Go down

APLA  Any comments Empty APLA Any comments

Post  Kon61gold Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi fellas

Heard a rumour that there were a few problems with APLA, no financial statements, no response to new members, website not updated.

Whilst I do condone airing problems with organisations like APLA for they do a good job, hopefully some constructive critism may improve their performance regarding their members.

Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

APLA  Any comments Empty Re: APLA Any comments

Post  Topcat Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:21 pm

The 2010 APLA AGM / STATE CONFERENCE is to be held on 28th / 29th August at Ora Banda. Members check the next Datum Post for details. Any member who can attend please do so for they need your input to help improve the running of the association.

Cheers

Ted

Last edited by Topcat on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : text edit)
Topcat
Topcat
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-10-27

http://topcathaveweels.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:56 am

G'day Gents,

Who is APLA and what have they done lately? Do they contribute to any of the forums?

Cheers
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

APLA  Any comments Empty re apla

Post  evan2010 Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:38 am

My uncle and myself sent off our membership applications and fees back in Early June and its now August and still havent had any form of reply Shocked
evan2010
evan2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Topcat Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:25 am

Undertaker wrote:G'day Gents,

Who is APLA and what have they done lately? Do they contribute to any of the forums?

Cheers

The Amalgamated Prospectors & Lease Holders Association of Western Australia (APLA) is an organisation which represents
the interests of the prospectors & lease holders in negotiations & issues with the mining companies & the state government
of Western Australia.

Cheers

Ted
Topcat
Topcat
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:38 am

Morning members,
Have had contact with Sean Ashcroft (APLA President) over the past couple of days and I have some information to pass on.
Regarding membership renewal:
* If a member has not received his current membership card for the year ahead, in this instance 2010/2011, please do not be too concerned, by law your 2009/2010 membership is actually valid through until September 2010.
* Members are urged to contact APLA direct regarding any related issue, please do not act on hearsay.
* APLA will release a direct brief soon regarding membership vetting and the reason behind the 6 week waiting period.
* The annual expenditure report is always tabled at the AGM, for members who do not attend the meeting they can request details from APLA.
APLA Executives are currently under a very heavy work load with the pending Federal Election only weeks away.
Sean can assure everyone that if we work together on facts all the current issues will be resolved.
Already mentioned in another post the DATUM POST news letter will be in your letter box within the next few weeks, detailing current and future APLA events.
Regards
Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:41 pm

Hi Ted,

Thanks for answering one of my three questions. I'd consider joining but before I part with my hard earned cash I'd like to know what you get for your money. Are they really working in the interest of the recreational prospector and if so why is it so hard to swing my detector anywhere in WA.
Another thing, if they're so interested in our opinion to improve the running of their association why don't they come on this forum and communicate with us. There are so many talented people here that are only too happy to give their ideas.
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Topcat Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi Undertaker,

From past experience APLA don't communicate to its members through internet forums but via their
quarterly news sheet 'The Datum Post' which is mailed to all members.
The work they have done since its inception has achieved quite a lot for the rights of the prospector when dealing
with the issues concerning the legalities of prospecting on mining tenements, but lately more & more pressure from
government departments (in particular conservation & land management) & pastoralists is making things
more & more difficult for the recreation prospector to detect on both ELs & Active tenements.
If we didn't have APLA then I believe the rights of a prospector would have gone out the window years ago!!!!!
You have to realise that the association is run by volunteers who also have a full time job as well & would prefer to
have the issues brought to their attention through more direct means then airing them on local forums.

Hope this answers your questions.

Cheers

Ted
Topcat
Topcat
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

APLA  Any comments Empty APLA membership

Post  johnbar Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:02 pm

To Ted (undertaker) I have found getting legal access to detect in WA much easier than in NSW or Qld.
It's almost impossible to get legal access to WA mining company leases without APLA membership.
I think it's the best $60 I ever spent for detecting out West.
The TENGRAPH system and the superb WA Mines Dep't staff are a must resource when going West.

I'm currently wending my way to Clermont and Forsayth, and hope to add to my WA gold. Leave some guys Smile

Regards to all
John B

johnbar
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-07-28

Back to top Go down

APLA  Any comments Empty APLA membership

Post  gim Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:41 pm

hi undertaker

one of the reasons APLA will not come on the forum is they are not prepered to get in to a tit for tat slanging match, all the work they do they do on there own time and expence, if any body had watched win news this week they would have seen APLA members in conferance with goverment members working for the prospector to try and get them a better deal with the pastrolists, native title and such, they hold field days, worshops on how to use tengrath, oziexplorer,and were to look for gold, it may take 6weeks or more to get youre membership [big deal] try and get on to some of the big companys leases with out APLA membership. as in most groups a few do a lot for so many,and for $60 not even 2grams its worth it...gim

gim
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:53 pm

Hello Gim,
If you don't mind I would like to send your post to Sean (APLA) he would be very happy to see such a positive explanation of all the work behind the scene that his team does to help promote prospecting in WA.
Remember APLA has been an active Association dating back to 1904.
May I take this opportunity to encourage prospectors venturing out onto the WA goldfields to become members, for those who may not be aware you don't have to be a resident West Australian to become a member.
As Gim mentioned for less than $2 grams of gold you will be helping we prospectors persue our hobby for many years to come.
All the best out there.

Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:53 am

I joined in May and was posted a receipt. Now I get regular emails. I did it mainly as a donation, as I visit WA every year and appreciate their work.
Jig
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Creasy Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:43 pm

Without APLA they would be no access to crown land in WA, no miner's right, no Sec 20a's, no SPL's, for anyone prospecting in WA not being a member is bludging on the rest of us, $60 is much to cheap
2 bob's worth
Bob

Bob Creasy
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:16 am

I stand to be corrected but I believe that if a detectorist is a member of APLA then he/she is covered under APLA's public liability insurance when on EL's etc ???

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:40 am

Morning Robert,
Will ask the question next time I am contacting APLA.

Cheers
Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down