Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

member in rockhampton central queensland

2 posters

Go down

member in rockhampton central queensland Empty member in rockhampton central queensland

Post  Andy25 Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:59 am

Hi all
Andy here, long time member short time poster.
Recently looking to get back into detecting even though seasonally probably should have started in winter.
Been out to clermont and a few spots around rockhampton. so far Ive found a lot of bullets nails and scap but staying keen
Ive had the best luck with crevicing and panning even finding two 1/5th gram nuggets which gave me the gold bug
my set up

gpx4500  battery lt booster and speaker in the detech protector
backpack harness with 3ltr bladder
sadie 8x6
advantage 17x11
coilteck ai 11 round
Ive done lots of research but its a different world once your actually out there with a coil on the ground. which is something i need to get better at and to not be shy and make a phone call or two to get out on some good ground.
tried to upload a photo but can only link it confused
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gdggifpe6ugrrv/20151019_092706.jpeg?dl=0
happy prospecting!
member in rockhampton central queensland 20151019_092706

Last edited by Andy25 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : photo upload)

Andy25
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-10-09

Back to top Go down

member in rockhampton central queensland Empty Re: member in rockhampton central queensland

Post  hugh62 Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:29 am

Ive done lots of research but its a different world once your actually out there with a coil on the ground

Yeah Mate never a truer word said .Welcome to the forum ,great  to see another Queenslander on here .Good set up you got there ,myself with a 5 and a 35 plus a couple of VLF's .Yep , definetly sounds like your also infected  by the Gold Bug  Razz
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down