Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weird signal!

Go down

weird signal! Empty weird signal!

Post  Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:35 pm

Got a faint inverted signal the other day... the sort you love to get when you realize it's not surface crap. When I got down to about 10 or 11 inches it was inverted swinging one way but normal swinging the other way.

At 12 inches out popped a little 1.81gr nugget, nothing remarkable or wierd shape, just a solid little squarish nugget. Out of the hole but while still encased in clay it gave a wobbly signal but now clean it gives an inverted signal???

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

weird signal! Empty Re: weird signal!

Post  Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:44 am

Your machine has developed artificial intelligence and thats it's new signal for a kinder surprise. weird signal! Icon_wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:46 am

Gday

Its for that exact reason that I always say to dig everything, especially the weird iffy signals, it was more likely the clay that it was incased in that made the signal strange, or the piece could have been standing on end or something, the oddest signal I ever had was two deep 10 or so grammers that were laying about 12" apart and about 15" down, it was ther sort of sound you could easily walk away from, but the only reason that I kept digging was it was smack in the middle of an old patch that someone had worked to death and the first piece found was a seven ounce slug laying near the surface.

If I had walked onto it on open ground I would most likely have dismissed it as ground noise it was that odd.

Anyway good find

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:31 am

I would agree dig every signal.
I was working a well known goldfield and came across a real wobbly signal, it was not deep (about 12cms / 5 inches). The signal was loud and very unusual so I dug.
What it was was a nice water worn solid little nugget (7 grams). "I think" it was standing vertical in the ground so the detector would register one side and then the other side as the coil moved away. If looking straight down the 'cross section' would only be millimetres thick, giving it's a 'wobbly' signal.
Scott. (good job)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:39 am

yep I agree and get an extra bit of swing in the pick arm on faint iffy, wobbly or inverted signals.

What puzzles me is even clean this little fella gives an inverted signal, I ran about 15 others from the same day across the coil and get the normal high/low including one a tad lighter but very simillar in shape and size

Back to top Go down

weird signal! Empty RE:wobbly signals

Post  gold fever Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:39 pm

Hmmmm, I had only recently decided not to dig anymore wobbly signals as they were always a small tac, but after reading what you guys have said, maybe I should keep on digging them just incase I leave a nugget or 2.
Cheers.

gold fever
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:59 pm

here's a yootoob of the nugget https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysfn--mjwTY
as I said, nothing different about the nuggets shape or size, just a wierd signal different than all the rest and still inverted when cleaned up.
was using an 11" commander, enhance, gain of 10.....etc...

and yeah GF, dig the lot!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:25 pm

that was a nice find, just go's to show check everything your detector pick up...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:43 pm

Steve,

Nice vid, great nugget. Yeah I dig all except for surface trash which is easily scraped away with the right foot. Well not that easily as I have strained a groin muscle the other day pushing some pesky trash away but lets not go there weird signal! Icon_lol

Steve, I'm impressed with your camera setup. Care to elaborate weird signal! Fresse

Regards
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:32 pm

thanks fellas!

Paul it's the Contour HD 1080P wearable camcorder. Yootoob doesnt do them justice though as it will only let you upload to 720HD and 30 frames per second so image quality is a bit degraded.

I just have it on the side of my head on a goggle strap or at night on my head torch strap...no weight so you dont notice it's there.
It also can be secured to pretty much anything, like under your bullbar...great roadkill cam!

I also skydive so come summer I'll add some decent skydiving footage

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:43 pm

madtuna wrote:Paul it's the Contour HD 1080P wearable camcorder. Yootoob doesnt do them justice though as it will only let you upload to 720HD and 30 frames per second so image quality is a bit degraded.

Ta madt, I've downloaded of youboob as a MP4 and played it on the 46' plasma via the media player - not to bad..

madtuna wrote:the Contour HD 1080P wearable camcorder

Nice - will Google for info

madtuna wrote:It also can be secured to pretty much anything, like under your bullbar...great roadkill cam!
Nice application - Like your thinking weird signal! Affraid

madtuna wrote:I also skydive so come summer I'll add some decent skydiving footage

Well jumping out of a perfectly good airplane is your choice however I would like to see you hurtling towards mother earth at 120 mph weird signal! Icon_cheers .... I prefer to fly'em straight and level or inverted weird signal! Icon_wink

Back to top Go down