Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4500 and Rooster Booster problem

2 posters

Go down

4500 and Rooster Booster problem Empty 4500 and Rooster Booster problem

Post  Cams 4500 Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:41 am

Been running my 45 with the RB for a long while now but on recent trips my 45 was getting very noisy after 10 minutes or so, it then settles down and is fine.  Now having heard of this before I decided to send the 45 to Minelab for some TLC.  I now have it back, they stated they could not fault it for getting noisy and also applied an update (something the 5's have, didn't ask too much about it)

So today I put it back together as it was and no sound, checked all the connections and settings and nothing.  Removed the RB and put a speaker on it and away it goes with sound, all good.  Tried the RB again and nothing.  After talking to the tech at Minelab he questioned whether it was the RB was causing the noisy issue, but now it seems to not work at all.

Has anyone experienced this at all?  Can an RB be sent back for repair and where?  Or did the update cause the issue? I don't know.  It worked before but not now.  With the RB on and turning machine on there is an audible click from speaker but that is it.

Any thoughts?
Cams 4500
Cams 4500
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

4500 and Rooster Booster problem Empty Re: 4500 and Rooster Booster problem

Post  Redfin Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:09 pm

Cams 4500 wrote:

Can an RB be sent back for repair and where?

Hi mate, Miners Den in Bendigo do the repairs. Just send it in with a note explaining the problems, then
email them to tell them it is on the way.
We had another problem with ours and had it back within a week.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

4500 and Rooster Booster problem Empty Re: 4500 and Rooster Booster problem

Post  Cams 4500 Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:17 pm

Redfin wrote:
Cams 4500 wrote:

Can an RB be sent back for repair and where?

Hi mate, Miners Den in Bendigo do the repairs. Just send it in with a note explaining the problems, then
email them to tell them it is on the way.
We had another problem with ours and had it back within a week.

Thanks Redfin. I am a total buffoon. Went next door just before to try on my mates 5, was still the same but then noticed the "To Battery" marker and realized I had it the wrong way. Tried it on mine, all good.

However, there still may be a fault with it for the noise 10 minutes into detecting. Minelab found no fault, it could be the booster.
Cams 4500
Cams 4500
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down