Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

when your zed goes haywire

2 posters

Go down

when your zed goes haywire Empty when your zed goes haywire

Post  bedrock Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:48 pm

.....and you're carrying your smart phone with you when detecting, it might just be the phone that causes
your detector to play up.  I had a frustrating episode today where the detector went berserk and I couldn't tame it down.
Was thinking of leaving my phone in the car, but that is not really a good idea when you're alone out bush, so decided
to switch it to 'airplane mode' instead and ...wow...from that moment on -  the detector was running without any squeaks and squawks!
Did ML mention anything about it in their manual or white papers?
Thought I would share this with other frustrated operators....
Apart from this I am happy with the zed, it finds me gold regularly in places where the 4500/5000s have 'cleaned up'.
bedrock

Last edited by bedrock on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
bedrock
bedrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

when your zed goes haywire Empty Re: when your zed goes haywire

Post  norvic Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:08 am

Thought I`d be clever and carry my Deus as a pinpointer. Slid it in the rear of harness, remote in pocket nice and comfy until I turned the GPZ on. Noisy as, sounds like EMI so try to auto it out no luck. Left Deus on ground and walked away with GPZ some 20m, no more EMI. Guess because the Deus coil is continually looking for the wireless remote that was affecting the GPZ as your smartphone does.

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum