Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7000 recharger issues

Go down

7000 recharger issues Empty 7000 recharger issues

Post  Guest Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:56 pm

Obviously there's been a lot of people who have tried using the 12 vlt plug to power the charging unit and found it to be a failure as I have also.
I've subsequently have had a second problem.
Where the usb cable plugs into the port, I've just had the port break off the power board. I opened the charger unit up and saw that it had very little solder holding the port in place. I'm now recharging module via my car stereo USB port until I get this bit re soldered. So anyone like me who does do extended trips away, may want to check their own unit as it WILL go on you too eventually.
Also, upon opening this poorly built charger to remove the broken port, I was very surprised to see quite a large build up of dust and some organic matter that had made its way inside. Not only that but also it was quite clear that moisture had gotten into the unit, as there was a green tinge on some parts inside. Obviously not a sealed unit.
But it does say on the sticker on the bottom of the recharger 'dry locations only'. Sorry minelab I can't do it in 'dry locations only' as your 12 vlt plug doesn't even work. But if it did work I would recharge inside my vehicle which would be a 'dry location'. I'm no electrician but wondering if the probs I found inside my charger ie organic matter and dust being over the power board, could it be a possibility that the unit catch fire??????
Anyway I will say that this charger unit is pathetic minelab. Tut tut tut
These problems are brought to you by UTBN

Back to top Go down

7000 recharger issues Empty 7000 Recharge issues

Post  Wildrover Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:19 pm

have had some issues with getting the battery into the charger and the 12 v charging showing voltage not right but found it still charged. Will keep an eye on the USB charging
Thanks for the heads up
Cheers Wildrover
Wildrover
Wildrover
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-04-22

Back to top Go down