Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To be sure, to be sure

4 posters

Go down

To be sure, to be sure Empty To be sure, to be sure

Post  Hermann Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:02 pm

My GPZ works just fine, I can set it as quiet as I want or as noisy as I want, no EMI doesnt give me false signals, coil sounds quiet if I bump it, and it's finding gold. I['m just a little bit worried about my ground balancing. I do my auto-tuning, then the walk and swing thing. At this point I'm not quite sure when to let the trigger go because the Tick thing comes up after 3 or 4 secs. Then I usually keep the trigger in and swing for another 10 secs. It should be ground balanced then. However, after this I place my ferret on the ground, pull the trigger again, and the ferret still squeaks, then I do the octopus swing, and the ferret becomes quiet. I'm worried if I'm doing the right thing here because I was reading somewhere after you walk and swing thing, you should not pull the trigger during the next 20 mins. . After I do my thing I do find gold, last weekend I found a 0.25gm at 25cm. and a 1.5gm at 28cm. Can somebody point me in the right direction.? Or is this OK what I'm doing? Cheers, Hermann.

Hermann
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

To be sure, to be sure Empty Re: To be sure, to be sure

Post  peterinaust Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:01 pm

I only use the ferrite, seems to work for me.

peterinaust
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:28 pm

G'day Hermann

You don't really need to do the auto tune when you start up everytime, if it needs an auto tune you can do this from the alternate menu where you select the manual tune or auto tune..

If in auto tracking do this, just put the ferrite on the ground and hold the quick track trigger and do the little swing over it, octopus if you like or figure 8 makes no difference, the same result, let the trigger go.

Next don't touch the quick track trigger again for the rest of the session. Check GB by placing the ferrite on the ground and if noisy use the quick track trigger again and do the same as before.

You can Lock the ground balance after doing the GB with the ferrite by going to manual ground balance, same as the old fixed GB on previous detectors.

You can detect all day like this if the ground is the same and when you locked the GB, or just use the ferrite and re GB and keep going.

I mainly leave mine in manual/fixed GB and all is good.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

To be sure, to be sure Empty To be sure, to be sure

Post  Hermann Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:40 am

Thank you Peterinaust, and davsgold for your advice. I'm starting to fall in love with my GPZ, the big thumper will come soon. Cheers, Hermann.

Hermann
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:09 pm

That is good news Hermann. That's exactly what myself and 3 other mates who invested in the GPZ had found.All 4 GPZ's were on par with one another during testing.Unfortunately,some here were't so lucky with their newly acquired 7000's. A lot of ones issues with the 7000,were due to inadequate operating procedures set by the operator,but according to some members complaints,it is quite obvious that the odd duffer 7000,failed to measure up.

cheers Kon.What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:19 pm

I have had no problems with the GPZ, other than weight, have not quick tracked for months nor tried the ferrite yet. Probably just me, but I have noticed there is more controversy about GB with the GPZ then any other detector, yet I believe it is the easiest of detectors to use. As with all detectors you know if the GB is out by raising and lowering the coil, if is out just slow down its auto GB will get it back on track, and I believe that is the go, remember once you push the Quick track you reset the GB.

Country I prospect is low to moderate ground mineralisation, no alkali soil. I operate from 12 to 20 sensitivity with threshold around 23-25,(sometimes 10 in Bogenes settings when cleaning up) difficult either h/yield or normal depending on ground depth.

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum