Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off in a few weeks

+2
Acan
garretace150
6 posters

Go down

Off in a few weeks Empty Off in a few weeks

Post  garretace150 Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:05 am

Well im off in a few weeks with a few people to try out some new ground and some old ground if we have no luck! Hopefully we find something. Wish us luck everyone!!!!

garretace150
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Off in a few weeks Empty Re: Off in a few weeks

Post  Acan Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:09 am

Hi Garretace,

All the best with the expedition. What area of WA do you travel too? North WA or South WA. I do not want the exact location.
Its great to know where we travel too in this big land of ours. I hope you can get on some sites, I hear WA can be tough for access points. Acan Off in a few weeks Icon_jokercolor

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  garretace150 Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:12 am

north where all the warmth is!! It will be a good trip even if we dont
find anything cos i need a holiday! haha cant wait to sit round the
campfire with a beer!

garretace150
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Acan Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:16 am

Garretace,

The best thing is sitting around after a long day, a great piece of steak off the BBQ and a nice beer to wash it all down with. If the glint of gold is sparkling from the campfire next to the BBQ all the better.

How long you away?

Enjoy and have fun. Acan Off in a few weeks Icon_jokercolor

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  garretace150 Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:23 am

It sure is! i can taste the steak now! off for 2 weeks in august of prospecting and relaxing! How ya goin over there acan? any luck with finding the yellow stuff?

garretace150
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Acan Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:32 am

I am new to this business, have been out with a couple of mates, only on short trips and found a little gold. Very small though. Went down to Ballarat a few weeks ago and went out with a mate and found about 1/2 oz of small stuff, he has a few spots he likes to go to. It was freezing down there! So I have only been borrowing some equipment. It looks like the way to go as I enjoy the bush and solitory times. I have been too busy over the last few years, now though with the kids grown up I am planning to purchase a detector and get out their.
My big purchase last month was a Triton 4x4 dual cab, I am fitting this out for long distance remote travelling, when ready I will grab a detector, stock up the Triton and go for a long drive. Currently also looking at a camper trailer to tow behind. What do you camp in, tentes or trailer? Because around the Gold Coast not a lot of Gold happening, have to drive out west out past Warwick. Acan Off in a few weeks Icon_jokercolor

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:55 pm

i would love to go to WA...my mate has been there he said it's unreal, oneday i'll get there

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:27 pm

Have a great time in the bush.

Acan - I take a 16 ft van. I used to swag it, but that looses it's allure after a month out there.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Acan Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi Jigalong, how does the van go offroad. Or do you camp in a park and then complete day trips? Acan Off in a few weeks Icon_jokercolor

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:29 pm

garretace150 wrote: i can taste the steak now! off for 2 weeks in august of prospecting and relaxing!

Gee some blokes get it easy.... Off in a few weeks Lol

Have a good trip and hope you find a BIG one.

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:42 pm

Acan,

I have a 16' Bushtracker which is built like a brick outhouse. It's done a lot of corrugated miles and been down a few bush tracks since I've had it. 180 litres of water, 4 x 120 solar panels, diesel heater for those cold desert mornings and a hot shower. I cook over an open fire if it's not raining.

Cheers,

Jig.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Acan Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:20 pm

Jig, the unit sounds like the best away from home base camp. 480 watts of solar and 180 litres of water. Excellent - a metal roof and comfy bed. Do you get out often for extended trips? Acan Off in a few weeks Icon_jokercolor

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:29 pm

Acan,
I usually spend 5 weeks in WA, 2 weeks in Tibooburra, 1-2 weeks in the Golden Triangle and a few extended weekends in the Hill End area. Never detected in Qld. How about you, where do you go ?

garretace150
My apologies for talking off your topic here.

Jigalong.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Acan Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:39 pm

I am new to this business, have been out with a couple of mates, only on short trips and found a little gold. Very small though. Went down to Ballarat a few weeks ago and went out with a mate and found about 1/2 oz of small stuff, he has a few spots he likes to go to. It was freezing down there! So I have only been borrowing some equipment. It looks like the way to go as I enjoy the bush and solitory times. I have been too busy over the last few years, now though with the kids grown up I am planning to purchase a detector and get out their.
Around the Gold Coast not a lot of Gold happening, have to drive out west - past Warwick. The air is warm and clear, the gold few and far. Acan Off in a few weeks Icon_jokercolor

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:17 pm

Garretace150,

Have a cracker trip, the absolute best for you and your crew in finding that nice yellow stuff and have a beer for us too...Tell us how you went on your quest, we will look forward to that and safe driving too...

HueyDuck.....
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  garretace150 Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi everyone

sorry for the late reply but been realy busy. unfortunatly this trip was no luck! quite a few miles searched in new area but with no luck! found quite a few bullet leads and bits of tin tho! haha guess thats just part and parcell of the hobby hey. There were quite a few signs that the old timers where there with dryblowings all over the place! how they managed to find these areas has got me beat as we pritty much jumped on a 4 wheeler and just took off. There were lots of quarts and iron stone reefs around with lots of salt and pepper that the old timers had given a flogging but still nothing. was a good trip tho. alot was drunk and was good to get out and relax! Im thinking that next trip im gona go to where gold has been found before!! haha

garretace150
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  vatansever223 Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:33 pm

haha cant wait to sit round the
campfire with a beer!

Internet Marketing Plans
Data Recovery Dallas