Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fold Up Rake

+2
garretace150
vasilis
6 posters

Go down

Fold Up Rake Empty Fold Up Rake

Post  Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:46 pm

let me know what you think, i need feed back so i can tell them what you think.... I'v come up with an idea that's been looked at the moment by a few people and i hope it go's through, as i will findout tuesday...i was just seeing if use think or would buy it if it gets the okay...i can say what it is since the plans have gone in and all that jazz....

what it is, it's a rake that can pull a part in to 3 parts, the handel go's into 2 bits as the head will pull apart from the 2nd part off the handel..it will have different hights for people eg like how your detector has the button and the holes on the sharft. it will go into a small carry bag so it don't take too much room up in your car and can be carted around with you when you are detecting...i'v done the same with brooms and mops as well for the home but with hangers that go on the wall, so there out off the way.

the head off the rake will be metal so when raking and area it will not break like the plastic ones.

Fold Up Rake Image003this will be the handel as the buttn will slide down into th second part to lock in to the spot you wont it...
Fold Up Rake Image004as this will be the second part off the handel with the holes and a button down the bottom for the rake head to click into place...

the reason i come up with this as i went to put the rake into the car and broke it lol...please tell me what you think off this and just hope it go's ahead
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Fold Up Rake Empty Re: Fold Up Rake

Post  Guest Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:19 am

Gday stoppsy

I would think that there would be a few people interested in your idea, as we all use camper vans etc space to store things is always at a premium, anything that can pull apart and pack away into a bag or roll up can be more easily stashed where it can be located when needed is a useful item.

Or for the detectorist that wants to be able to carry something with them that they can attach to their pack while detecting so they can work a spot found without having to trudge back to the car for the rake, but I would however consider heavy duty nylon heads as well as metal ones due to the weight factor.

I already have the exact thing you are talking about, but its a broom, I got the handle several years ago from something, but I cant remember what it was, the handle is aluminium and comes in pieces that slip into eachother and are held in place with snap clips,similar to the detector shaft ones, the bottom piece just happened to have a plastic threaded section that your standard household broom head screws on to.

Its very handy as you can use it then in seconds pack it away and stash it so its not left about to be tripped over and it lives full time in the camper so its always there when needed.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:21 am

stayyerAU wrote:Gday stoppsy

I would think that there would be a few people interested in your idea, as we all use camper vans etc space to store things is always at a premium, anything that can pull apart and pack away into a bag or roll up can be more easily stashed where it can be located when needed is a useful item.

Or for the detectorist that wants to be able to carry something with them that they can attach to their pack while detecting so they can work a spot found without having to trudge back to the car for the rake, but I would however consider heavy duty nylon heads as well as metal ones due to the weight factor.

I already have the exact thing you are talking about, but its a broom, I got the handle several years ago from something, but I cant remember what it was, the handle is aluminium and comes in pieces that slip into eachother and are held in place with snap clips,similar to the detector shaft ones, the bottom piece just happened to have a plastic threaded section that your standard household broom head screws on to.

Its very handy as you can use it then in seconds pack it away and stash it so its not left about to be tripped over and it lives full time in the camper so its always there when needed.

cheers

stayyerAU
thanks for that stayyer i was hoping that some was going to say something about it soon lol....heavy duty nylon is an awesome idear coz i was thinking off how to drop the weight right down. if i could just get a few more people to say what they think would be good so i can use it when i get the call...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  vasilis Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:02 am

Hey stopsy - go for it man. Nothing to lose and another invention goes on from here.

Your system is called "Telescopic " shaft. They use this method in many different products (also ski poles)

You can have a shaft without the buttons that lock into place - it can work when you tighten the the thread piece only.

good luck n keep going!
vasilis
vasilis
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:08 am

vasilis wrote:Hey stopsy - go for it man. Nothing to lose and another invention goes on from here.

Your system is called "Telescopic " shaft. They use this method in many different products (also ski poles)

You can have a shaft without the buttons that lock into place - it can work when you tighten the the thread piece only.

good luck n keep going!
thanks for that vasilis, i realy do hope it gets the okay...it's great that use are leaving feed back so i can say what people think....
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  garretace150 Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:00 am

awsum idea! that realy is a perfect tool hey. when i used to go camping with the olds they used to take everything cos we used to go for so long! the ute and the van was always packed to the roof with no room left. just thinkin mabey a string or strap between all the poles sorta like a tent peg so you can loose any of them when your out in the bush!!

garretace150
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:08 am

garretace150 wrote:awsum idea! that realy is a perfect tool hey. when i used to go camping with the olds they used to take everything cos we used to go for so long! the ute and the van was always packed to the roof with no room left. just thinkin mabey a string or strap between all the poles sorta like a tent peg so you can loose any of them when your out in the bush!!
thanking you garretace, i was thinking that, i might say to do that then...it awesome that use are telling me what use think off this...

Back to top Go down

Fold Up Rake Empty What do you think

Post  fastgold Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:30 pm

Stoppsy, good idea, there used to be I made ages ago but seemed to go off market. It had flat pressed tapered teeth out of about 3/16 in painted steel with nylon female type mop head screwed to plate and screw in nylon pressure fitted bit into two piece adjustable handle.There was a couple of problems in that spring clip was made out of black steel and used to rust and break where spot welded to tube and pressure fit of tube to threaded nylon section used to rotate after a while. The way to go is use screw up tightner from pole type hand secateur to alleviate problem with spring and have rectangular hole punched in flat plated section. To the tube make sure there is rivet etc
all the way thru. to stop threaded nylon section pulling out or rotating. The rest is easy ha ha but I'll tell you the other part slides thru hole .Pm me if you want the answer and takes about a second to clip and unclip

fastgold
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi Stops,

When things get sporty and wind up on your new idea, another good idea is to have a 5 year business plan in place to give you a goal and to set the foundations of where you want to head with this fantastic idea. I have no doubt it would work because you have the drive to see it through. If you want help on business plans you can Google... Free Business Plans Templates... they look like alot of work but are a must for any small business nowdays.

You could also name your product, i thought of one this arvo :- The STOP and GO Rake...this could be a crappy name, im sure you will think of one, but something to consider is a good name for your product...The very best of luck with it and rakes to the ground plus coils..........Over and out.....

HueyDuck.........
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:39 pm

Good Idea Stoppsy. Go for it mate. How about having the head with rake spikes on one side and just a small blade on the other side so I can loosen the dirt with one side flip it over and scrape it away with the other side?

Another Aussie invention. I love it.

dicko..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:45 pm

G'day Stoppsy, I know I replied to your email but by the feeback you are getting on here it sounds like everyone really likes your idea (as so do I)

I hope this takes off the ground for you and they sell like hot cakes.......cause then you'll be raking it in!!

Fold Up Rake Th_cid_DFFC77BF9ADD4511A3C97539F8F63CC

All the best with it.

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:53 pm

thank you everyone for the great feed back and all that it's awesome that use love the idea...hueyduck that's not that bad off a name will see what pops up in my head' i'll have to find lots off gold to start a little factory up to make them lol..dicko that's a great thing to do...i don't know what i'll do if they say know to this coz i know people would love to have this....i'll work around it some how....hope i realy do think it will sell well...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:59 pm

GoldstalkerGPX wrote:G'day Stoppsy, I know I replied to your email but by the feeback you are getting on here it sounds like everyone really likes your idea (as so do I)

I hope this takes off the ground for you and they sell like hot cakes.......cause then you'll be raking it in!!

Fold Up Rake Th_cid_DFFC77BF9ADD4511A3C97539F8F63CC

All the best with it.

Cheers
lol thanks mate i hope it does to...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:35 pm

no call as yet i have nelly made up a rough one just to see what improvements i can make on it, but the drill just packed it in as i was just starting to do the holes....i'll have to buy a rake head to see how i go fitting it....but it's getting there....was thinking off getting hold off an company that make rakes and that to just see what they think....does anyone know any good companys i was thinking walco that do the picks and that but don't know there email and that. tryed to look it up....

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:53 am

I just recieved an email saying they wont to talk to me about this idea, the would love to present the idea to a corporation to see if they would be interested. i just emailed them back to ring me as i have a few more things that i would like to add to this, so hoping they ring...i said that i had a lot off possitive feedback from you guys....

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:45 am

whats the betting it will now magically appear on the market "made in China" you should have kept it close to your chest -- I know this from a past experience! Fold Up Rake Icon_eek

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:13 am

Murachu wrote:whats the betting it will now magically appear on the market "made in China" you should have kept it close to your chest -- I know this from a past experience! Fold Up Rake Icon_eek
this is what they had sent to me...it under confidential, so if does i'll be looking into it....Hopefully this email finds you well. I have the Confidential information you sent me regarding your idea and I want to discuss it with you as soon as you get this email. I would also like to discuss with you how we would present your idea to a corporation to see if they would be interested in acquiring it.

Back to top Go down