Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7000 and your pick.

+3
G.B.
Doofus
johnf
7 posters

Go down

7000 and your pick. Empty 7000 and your pick.

Post  G.B. Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:59 pm

While detecting with the Zed and you are carrying your pick on your belt l believe you are short changing yourself as the pick is certainly in your field of detection. This may have a bearing on an unstable ground balance and reduced depth.

Carry the pick over your shoulder or make a sling out of a bit of plastic tube attached to the rear of your shoulder strap and slide the pick in.  When you do this you will notice a marked improvement in your Zed with reduced noise and better balance.

If you have any doubts turn your Zed on and place coil on ground and swing you pick over it continually raising the height of your pick until it no longer responds and compare the height of your pick holder on you belt. Now remember even a very faint nearly unheard response is causing your detector to respond to your pick in a negative manner.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

7000 and your pick. Empty 7000 and your pick

Post  johnf Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:10 pm

Valid point G.B.            Also, what  about the metal zip/fly on the front of our trousers---how much affect does this produce??? Don,t really feel like wearing a skirt!!!!!

johnf
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

7000 and your pick. Empty Re: 7000 and your pick.

Post  Doofus Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:34 pm

johnf wrote:Valid point G.B.            Also, what  about the metal zip/fly on the front of our trousers---how much affect does this produce??? Don,t really feel like wearing a skirt!!!!!

What's wrong with wearing a skirt Very Happy   it'd be nice and cool and let the breeze in  Razz
Flies will be a problem but at least they won't be on ya face   lol!

7000 and your pick. Kilt10

Doofus
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2015-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:22 pm

johnf wrote:Valid point G.B.            Also, what  about the metal zip/fly on the front of our trousers---how much affect does this produce??? Don,t really feel like wearing a skirt!!!!!

You should be alright with your tiny little zipper
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:40 pm

Hi G.B.

A big fellow like you and you having trouble what about a short ass like me I need a 3ft pole above my head or drag it behind me it s in my way most of the time, even when you bend down to recover your target I 'm looking for a long hand plastic shovel to help out.
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:43 pm

yes g.b. i noticed the large pick carried around the back of my waiste was interferring every swing to the left (right handed).

i repositioned my pick holder to the top of my backpack, it works a treat, but is a bugger to get in and out. so when i am travelling and need to use both hands i tuck the pick through the back of my new pro harness on the left and tend to detect out to my right as far as possible from the pick. a bit crab fashion, hope it is now far enough away to give minimal interference ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

7000 and your pick. Empty 7000 and your pick

Post  Basada Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:12 pm

Modify your swing, wear pick on belt with point facing forwards. No problem at all.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:46 am

Basada wrote:Modify your swing, wear pick on belt with point facing forwards. No problem at all.

Been doing that for years Basada.
I reckon the best cure is to get someone else to carry it and dig for you Razz Razz Razz

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Basada Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:15 pm

Goldnomad I would rather have a backhoe lol.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down