Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks to Coiltek Maryborough

+3
alchemist
GoldHound
vasilis
7 posters

Go down

Thanks to Coiltek Maryborough Empty Thanks to Coiltek Maryborough

Post  slimpickens Thu May 07, 2015 6:47 pm

I’d just like to thank the boys at Coiltek for doing me a great deal on the GPZed. Not only did they throw in some freebies and give me a whopping discount on a spare battery, they also gave me a great price on the gold nuggets I used to pay for it. They also gave me a great rundown through the GPZed’s  menu. So once again, thanks guys!
Cheers, Harry (Slimpickens)

P.S. I had also bought my Gpx 4500 from them just over 4 years ago, which has run faultless all the time I've had it.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Thanks to Coiltek Maryborough Empty Re: Thanks to Coiltek Maryborough

Post  Guest Thu May 07, 2015 7:06 pm

Sooooo you finally took the plunge Harry?
All moved Into your new home, and all the other stuff sorted out?

Yes they are good at Maryborough coiltek, they always look after us as well.

Can't wait to hear your reports on the 7000 now. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Thu May 07, 2015 7:33 pm

Jen58 wrote:Sooooo you finally took the plunge Harry?
All moved Into your new home, and all the other stuff sorted out?

Yes they are good at Maryborough coiltek, they always look after us as well.

Can't wait to hear your reports on the 7000 now.  Twisted Evil

I was always going to take the plunge Jen, just a matter of timing.Laughing Cool
Almost moved in, just have to sell the Melbourne house first.
As far as giving reports........ I'll leave that to the "Experts" pirat
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  vasilis Thu May 07, 2015 8:10 pm

Well done Harry. you will be very satisfied and impressed but as we all know it still takes a hell of a lot of ground time.
ciao bill
vasilis
vasilis
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Thanks to Coiltek Maryborough Empty -thanks-to-coiltek-maryborough

Post  Guest Mon May 11, 2015 6:42 pm

Hey Harry, congrats on your Zed purchase Smile you got anything to report in yet of your thoughts and findings ?

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Mon May 11, 2015 7:07 pm

Hi Dave, no I haven't used it yet. Mad  Even though I was up at the house today right next to the goldfield, I spent the day hauling furniture. Sad

Yesterday I was stuck in Melbourne, so to relieve the boredom, I made one of these. (Not my neatest job)  Embarassed

Thanks to Coiltek Maryborough Img_1610

Thanks to Coiltek Maryborough Img_1611

Thanks to Coiltek Maryborough Img_1612
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Thanks to Coiltek Maryborough Empty -thanks-to-coiltek-maryborough

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2015 5:38 pm

Hey Slim, looks like you are kitting yourself out for the new machine, should do the trick nicely, good luck for the season hope you do well with it mate Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Fri May 15, 2015 7:21 pm

Good ta see ya took the plunge Slim.
I reckon you and kon will smash it this year!

But that cover needs to be camo, everything looks better in camo lol!
Then you can yarn some camo undies ta match ya cover.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Mon May 18, 2015 7:41 am

Welcome to the club Harry V16

Just remember the 7 is more like a VLF than a PI, ~ 5.8 kHz frequency for High Yield and ~ 2.5 kHz for General and Extra Deep.
The big difference from a VLF being you can't whip the coil around like a VLF and expect to find anything but surface crud.
There's quite a bit of dead time between the narrow pulses though, unlike a Continuous sine Wave system, this is perhaps why you need to go slow.

So once you get ground balancing down pat, the biggie.......curb your excitement and urge to zoom around your patches, go REAL SLOW especially over spots that have produced for you, give the 7 plenty of time to process the incoming data.

Also the 7 is a little shy about deep targets when you set her up to run quiet and smooth. Some of these deep targets will not jump out at you, they often resemble ground noise on a GPX, and we can, without being aware of it, be in a rut of ignoring these types of sounds when we first move over to the 7 from the GPX. I think this is why some folks are not happy, but it could all be in their technique and not the 7.

Cheers
Kev
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 Mon May 18, 2015 8:21 am

Just remember the 7 is more like a VLF than a PI, ~ 5.8 kHz frequency for High Yield and ~ 2.5 kHz for General and Extra Deep.
The big difference from a VLF being you can't whip the coil around like a VLF and expect to find anything but surface crud.
There's quite a bit of dead time between the narrow pulses though, unlike a Continuous sine Wave system, this is perhaps why you need to go slow.

So once you get ground balancing down pat, the biggie.......curb your excitement and urge to zoom around your patches, go REAL SLOW especially over spots that have produced for you, give the 7 plenty of time to process the incoming data.

Also the 7 is a little shy about deep targets when you set her up to run quiet and smooth. Some of these deep targets will not jump out at you, they often resemble ground noise on a GPX, and we can, without being aware of it, be in a rut of ignoring these types of sounds when we first move over to the 7 from the GPX. I think this is why some folks are not happy, but it could all be in their technique and not the 7.

Cheers
Kev

Mmmmm ,that's interesting thanks alchemist .
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Tue May 19, 2015 4:52 pm

GoldHound wrote:Good ta see ya took the plunge Slim.
I reckon you and kon will smash it this year!

But that cover needs to be camo, everything looks better in camo lol!
Then you can yarn some camo undies ta match ya cover.

And so, Dale's obsession with camo began.
Thanks to Coiltek Maryborough Nappy10
Razz
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Thanks to Coiltek Maryborough Empty First blood!

Post  slimpickens Tue May 19, 2015 5:20 pm

Hi all, thanks for the well wishers. Just spent 4 days with Kon61, Tiboo Dave, Vasilis and Costas Dee who came by for a night, giving the Zed a good work out. Seems to be working great. Slowly getting my head round the different settings. Other than a few false signals due to high mineralization, the machine works perfectly.
It's a very powerful beast. Heavy as buggery, but the hipstick and bungee can deal with it. I even managed to blood the machine with a couple of little nuggies which was nice to get out of the way, a .6gr ironstone specie, and a 1.57 gr flat piece. It does like to find bird shot in High Yield, but in High Yield I also dug a two foot hole for a piece of iron, so it has got the extra grunt we have been waiting for. I can't imagine how deep it will find a large nugget in the deep gold setting. pale
Also thanks to GB who gave me a lot of info on setting up the Zed.
Cheers Harry

Thanks to Coiltek Maryborough P1070910

Thanks to Coiltek Maryborough P1070911

Thanks to Coiltek Maryborough P1070912

Thanks to Coiltek Maryborough P1070913

Thanks to Coiltek Maryborough P1070914

Last edited by slimpickens on Wed May 20, 2015 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:06 pm

G'day Harry,

Good to see you have christened your 7000 and yes there is a learning curve with the Blue Beast. I have not been able to find any nuggies as yet over here in WA so far for this trip, but it is still early days yet. Congrats on your finds and thanks for sharing and good luck on your next trip out.

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Tue May 19, 2015 6:11 pm

Mike54 wrote:G'day Harry,

Good to see you have christened your 7000 and yes there is a learning curve with the Blue Beast. I have not been able to find any nuggies as yet over here in WA so far for this trip, but it is still early days yet.  Congrats on your finds and thanks for sharing and good luck on your next trip out.  

Cheers.

Mike.  

Thanks Mike, and good luck to you and all the crew!
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Wed May 20, 2015 8:36 am

Hi Harry
I wonder if marking up the small targets and going over later with say an SDC would save some work and time or even scooping up the small signals and put in a bucket to pan later.I don't know if a pin pointer would help on shot never tried.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed May 20, 2015 10:53 am

deutran wrote:Hi Harry
I wonder if marking up the small targets and going over later with say an SDC would save some work and time or even scooping up the small signals and put in a bucket to pan later.I don't know if a pin pointer would help on shot never tried.
Steve

Hi Steve, there were 4 of us with a Gpz 7000 on this trip. We picked up enough bird shot to reload about 2 or 3 shotgun shells. Sitting round the campfire, we came to some conclusions. (Which will probably change as we get more experienced with the Zed.)
1] If you’re in High Yield, you will find birdshot, guaranteed. You will waste at least 5 minutes retrieving each one with a scoop. Our time in the goldfields is limited.
2] If the tiny signal is in the first 2 inches and you can scrape it to one side with your boot or pick, it’s more than likely to be birdshot. Ignore it and walk on. If it is gold, it will be tiny.  99 times out of a hundred it will be birdshot. Be prepared to forgo the odd piece of tiny gold.
3] If the signal is loud but still able to be scraped to one side, look for it with your pinpointer. You will find it very fast. It might be gold.
4] If you can, stay out of High yield if the ground has any depth. You will eliminate most birdshot, but risk losing spongy gold.
5] If the signal is more than 2 inches deep, you have no choice but to dig it up.

As I said earlier, we are all new to the GPZed, so our techniques will get more refined with a lot more ground time.
Our group are over the tiny gold, and don’t want to deliberately chase it, (but we will take it if that’s all there is).  Embarassed

Cheers, Harry.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Thanks to Coiltek Maryborough Empty Freebies when buying a Zed?

Post  TheHandyAndy Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:49 am

have almost finished saving up for a zed, was wondering if anyone can recommend a dealer offering good freebies like Slim suggested from Coiltek? Has anyone got free box covers, picks, pro find pinpointer etc when forking out their $10700???? Just wanna find the best deal going ATM. Ta in advance cheers

TheHandyAndy
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:11 pm

TheHandyAndy wrote:have almost finished saving up for a zed, was wondering if anyone can recommend a dealer offering good freebies like Slim suggested from Coiltek? Has anyone got free box covers, picks, pro find pinpointer etc when forking out their $10700???? Just wanna find the best deal going ATM. Ta in advance cheers

Hi Andy, Coiltek has the free cover and the free Ferrite thingy. For the rest...... well, put on some kneepads, get down on your knees and beg. If you can cry on demand, that would be a good thing as well.(It can't hurt). One of them is sure to take pity on you. Rolling Eyes Laughing
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHandyAndy Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:13 pm

hahaha, thanks slim, i really want one of those pinpointer thingys, was hoping that i could get one when i buy. maybe the crying and begging will help. Rolling Eyes

TheHandyAndy
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-02-18

Back to top Go down