Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emi on the NF17"and Coiltek 18" ellipticals

2 posters

Go down

Emi on the NF17"and Coiltek 18" ellipticals Empty Emi on the NF17"and Coiltek 18" ellipticals

Post  deutran Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:48 pm

If anyone has owned both these coils could you let me know which suffers the least with Emi,Thanks
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Emi on the NF17"and Coiltek 18" ellipticals Empty Re: Emi on the NF17"and Coiltek 18" ellipticals

Post  Narrawa Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:16 pm

I doubt you would be able to tell the difference between them all things being equal.
I have, and use the older white plastic model 17x11 NF mono, and have used the 18x12 CT mono a few times, at this stage I will stick to the NF coils.
I have used the 14"ADV round mono and own a 14x7 advantage coil, it was said that the ADV range has better rejection to EMI, I didn't find this, although they do run smoother over ground that the older models tended to moan on.

EMI and coils have as much variables as the ground your working on, if there was no EMI, which coil would you choose, NF or CT?

I may own and use NF coils ATM, but I love the fact that (Coiltek manufacturing ) is amongst us on the forums to answer a genuine problem or fault.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down