Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF is happening!

+14
rc62burke
norvic
kevlorraine2
kanga1934
Aurumick
goldquest
goldnomad
Narrawa
Boggy
goldchaser
pablop
kon61
CrazyPete
GoldHound
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WTF is happening! Empty WTF is happening!

Post  GoldHound Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:47 pm

I feel alone............ Very alone!
It seems every one who bought a zed are turning in to scoop using sissy's!

Even guys that I was sure are hard bushies, then I see em with a girly scoop and in some cases a bungee too!!!!! whats going on guys!!!!!
Suspect Suspect Suspect

GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

WTF is happening! Empty Re: WTF is happening!

Post  CrazyPete Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:05 pm

GoldHound wrote:I feel alone............ Very alone!

Even guys that I was sure are hard bushies, then I see em with a girly scoop and in some cases a bungee too!!!!! whats going on guys!!!!!
Suspect  Suspect  Suspect

Your not alone brother Q33

Yeah Suspect Suspect  no good hiding Q41  yous know who you are Q22 V50 V55 Razz Razz Razz lol!
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:30 pm

Scoop! What dat? scratch Ahh yep.I use one of those for stirring the stew pot. T05

Cheers Kon. T31
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:08 pm

Well
I use a scoop a bungy & a hipstick, I believe the "Bungy & Hipstick enables me to balance my whole kit to the point where it is very comfortable, I carry my pick in a holder on the shoulder strap of my pack in this position it counter acts the weight on the other shoulder of the detector, very balanced.
I maintain that a comfortable well balanced set-up is imperative to my ability to detect for a full day & still maintain the concentration that is required to get those subtle targets, the use of the Hipstick & bungy allows me full control over the swing height & speed at all times & reduces fatigue, I use this set-up with all size coils from 20" to 8" Sd2200 to SDC2300 & GPZ when I get my hands on it!!!
The scoop well to me that is a no brainer along with effective pin pointing & pile splitting, I can normally get the target in the first or 2nd scoop & I don't drop the little ones through my fingers all this to me speeds up the recovery of the target allowing me to get onto the next one quicker.

I have had a troublesome forearm for 3 years now & could not detect long term without these bits of kit, I spent 15 years as a Plumber & my forearm, neck & shoulders remind me often!!!!

I don't get the "MACHO" comments, to call someone soft due to the equipment they choose to use could affect some folks & therefore reduce their enjoyment of this hobby if they chose not to use something for fear of being ridiculed !!!
It is water off a ducks back to me, but I have a thicker skin than most I think that comes from being the shortest bloke in any gathering lol!

BTW

I would wear a dress if it meant I could get more "GOLD" scratch scratch scratch lol! lol! lol! lol! affraid Shocked Shocked Shocked Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:30 pm

Ay Lee,your not alone on the "shorter" side of things,for I'm a bit of a "Hobbit" in size myself,but that don't stop me from being a Macho,Macho Man yeah,I want to be a Macho Man. Q24 Q35

Cheers Kon.Q35
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:21 pm

I'm using a scoop but have not resorted to the bungee yet, must be only half a girl, like a trannie geek

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:57 pm

I'm an old bloke so use harness and bungee, but haven't used a scoop yet.  Must get one though, as if JP uses one, it must be the goods.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:32 pm

Ahh fellas,as Lee basically states,use what ever method you find yourself comfortable with,towards the recovery of your target.
There are no other "set in stone" ground rules to be adhered to.
To me,I find using a hand scoop,a little more time consuming,than what I'v been doing by hand over the last 25 years.
One thing I must clarify here though,is that where the majority of detector operators tend to grab a hand full of dirt,in a clenched fist type manner,off the top of their pile and then waiving it over the coil,for a response,(in the same clenched fist manner),I grab a fistful of dirt in the same manner,but before waving it over the coil,I tend to reverse and then open my hand (containing the dirt/possible target) in an open palm,closed finger fashion,whilst waiving it over the coil.This method has never failed me towards target response/recovery,regardless of the size/type of target.

Cheers Kon. T25
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:57 pm

CrazyPete wrote:
GoldHound wrote:I feel alone............ Very alone!

Suspect  Suspect  Suspect

Your not alone brother Q33

Yeah Suspect Suspect  no good hiding Q41  yous know who you are Q22 V50 V55 Razz Razz Razz lol!

At least you haven't crossed over to the dark side Pete.
Im feeling less alone.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:59 pm

kon61 wrote:Scoop! What dat? scratch Ahh yep.I use one of those for stirring the stew pot. T05

Cheers Kon. T31    

Good to know I got one moderator that hasn't crossed over to the dark side! lol!
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:03 pm

rc62burke wrote:Well
I use a scoop a bungy & a hipstick, I believe the "Bungy & Hipstick enables me to balance my whole kit to the point where it is very comfortable, I carry my pick in a holder on the shoulder strap of my pack in this position it counter acts the weight on the other shoulder of the detector, very balanced.
I maintain that a comfortable well balanced set-up is imperative to my ability to detect for a full day & still maintain the concentration that is required to get those subtle targets, the use of the Hipstick & bungy allows me full control over the swing height & speed at all times & reduces fatigue, I use this set-up with all size coils from 20" to 8" Sd2200 to SDC2300 & GPZ when I get my hands on it!!!
The scoop well to me that is a no brainer along with effective pin pointing & pile splitting, I can normally get the target in the first or 2nd scoop & I don't drop the little ones through my fingers all this to me speeds up the recovery of the target allowing me to get onto the next one quicker.

I have had a troublesome forearm for 3 years now & could not detect long term without these bits of kit, I spent 15 years as a Plumber & my forearm, neck & shoulders remind me often!!!!

I don't get the "MACHO" comments, to call someone soft due to the equipment they choose to use could affect some folks & therefore reduce their enjoyment of this hobby if they chose not to use something for fear of being ridiculed !!!
It is water off a ducks back to me, but I have a thicker skin than most I think that comes from being the shortest bloke in any gathering  lol!

BTW

I would wear a dress if it meant I could get more "GOLD"  scratch  scratch  scratch  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  affraid  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Wink  Wink  Wink  Wink  Wink

Comon Lee I thought you were a Fireman!

I know a few Firemen and they are definatly real men whats going on with the scoop mate?
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Goldgeo wrote:I'm using a scoop but have not resorted to the bungee yet,  must be only half a girl, like a trannie geek

I'm very disappointed goldgeo, you really had me convinced that you are a hard bushie!
When I saw you on one of your vids with the sdc use a scoop I literally fell out of my chair!

Good to hear that I haven't completly lost ya to the dark side though mate queen lol!

P.s.
Please keep the vids coming but throw away that blo#dy scoop lol!
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:12 pm

pablop wrote:I'm an old bloke so use harness and bungee, but haven't used a scoop yet.  Must get one though, as if JP uses one, it must be the goods.
Any one over 65( retirement age) is allowed to use aid's and still maintain his machoness lol!
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:40 pm

GH stop sending me PM's of all ya Quiche recipes will ya,i told ya i dont eat it......
goldchaser
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1267
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:00 pm

goldchaser wrote: GH stop sending me PM's of all ya Quiche recipes will ya,i told ya i dont eat it......

Real men don't eat Quiche, but they do eat egg & bacon pie. lol!
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Boggy Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:10 pm

I used to think like you Goldhound.

Until one day a few years ago I reached out and almost picked up a scorpion.
My hands aren't that tough!

Now i'm happy to use my girly poop scoop.

Boggy
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:39 pm

goldchaser wrote: GH stop sending me PM's of all ya Quiche recipes will ya,i told ya i dont eat it......

Ya mustn't have read them goldchaser, all of them contained cement and sh!te loads of jalapeno's! lol!
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:43 pm

Boggy wrote:I used to think like you Goldhound.

Until one day a few years ago I reached out and almost picked up a scorpion.
My hands aren't that tough!

Now i'm happy to use my girly poop scoop.

Come on Boggy just pick up tha mofo with 2 sticks like using chopsticks and toss it in the frying pan with jalapeños
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Boggy Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Sorry Goldhound, but bugs and things that sting and are poisonous aren't on my menu.....beer and steak for me.

The worst part is that it was another bloody boot nail, must have found thousands.

I only saw it by accident, I need reading glasses at my age, must be lots of old blind detectorists like me about.

At least I'm not using a hipstick - YET.

Boggy
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:50 pm

It is water off a ducks back to me, but I have a thicker skin than most I think that comes from being the shortest bloke in any gathering  lol!

BTW

I would wear a dress if it meant I could get more "GOLD"  scratch  scratch  scratch  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  affraid  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Wink  Wink  Wink  Wink  Wink

A dress!!!! Bwhahahhahahahahha     T05  you would have to grow some hair on that pointy little melon first Rolling Eyes    T10  but then again a nice floral number and you could pass for Sinead O'Connor after a couple of beers and no moon, don't think I haven't seen how Joe looks at you when he's drunk.... T37   V54 I will be keeping an eye on you next time were out in the sticks, but I suppose if it helps us get some gold...then bobs your ...errr...ummmm...  affraid aunty Wink

Wayne cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:40 pm

GoldHound wrote:

BTW

Comon Lee I thought you were a Fireman!

I know a few Firemen and they are defiantly real men what's going on with the scoop mate?

lol! lol! Yeah mate I am a tough as old boot leather "Fireman", run into burning building sort of schist when everyone else is running the other way bounce bounce affraid you need to be a little geek geek scratch scratch I use the scoop because it's quicker, & the other stuff makes me last longer Wink Razz Razz .

It's not like I "Wear Gloves"!!!!!! No No No

So you know the fireman culture?? "Mock the CRAP outa ya mates" it's a hoot mate & therefore you know I'll do what I want no matter how much you question my "Kahuna's" lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Cool Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers mate Cool Cool all in good fun Very Happy Very Happy Laughing are you on the mend now?? weather is starting to turn up here "Paradise again"
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:28 am

[quote

A dress!!!! Bwhahahhahahahahha     T05  you would have to grow some hair on that pointy little melon first Rolling Eyes    T10  but then again a nice floral number and you could pass for Sinead O'Connor after a couple of beers and no moon, don't think I haven't seen how Joe looks at you when he's drunk.... T37   V54 I will be keeping an eye on you next time were out in the sticks, but I suppose if it helps us get some gold...then bobs your ...errr...ummmm...  affraid aunty Wink

Wayne cheers[/quote]

I fell off the "Bloody" chair mate your a funny bugger, I wouldn't be the first "Cross Dressing Prospector"!!!!!!!!! Wink Wink Rolling Eyes K's your uncle affraid lol! lol! Laughing Shocked "Sinead O'Connor" she's sort of pretty!!! the same could not be said for me Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Suspect but then again Joe does down a few cans of "Neck Oil" affraid No scratch scratch scratch scratch
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:01 pm

Oi!!...you blokes come down out of that Broke-Back-Mountain.  T37

I use a Pro harness because i was once called a Pro....i thought it befitting to only look the part thats all. Razz

Now!!...i picked up one of those wolf spiders, and i sh!t you not they pack a bite.. V02 ..however that b@stard will never bite again.  V04 I thought of biting him back in order to teach him a lesson, however i was in a bad mood so i just eat the b@stard instead. V10

As for owning/operating a pin-pointer....im partially blind, i consider it an extension to my vision.... so get stuffed!!! V17

lol!
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:24 am

GoldHound wrote:
pablop wrote:I'm an old bloke so use harness and bungee, but haven't used a scoop yet.  Must get one though, as if JP uses one, it must be the goods.
Any one over 65( retirement age) is allowed to use aid's and still maintain his machoness lol!

That's me and the only scoop I'll use is made by Komatsu!!! Razz Razz Razz

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:28 am

Narrawa wrote:

As for owning/operating a pin-pointer....im partially blind, i consider it an extension to my vision.... so get stuffed!!! V17

lol!

I thought your blindness was directly proportional to the beer you drank after a hard day's detecting Shocked Shocked Shocked

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:28 am

Pin pointers affraid gloves affraid hip sticks affraid lol!

Thanks fellas I'm feeling much better about my girly scoop now cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:08 pm

goldnomad wrote:
GoldHound wrote:

That's me and the only scoop I'll use is made by Komatsu!!! Razz Razz Razz

Robert

Mmmmmmmm scratch scratch T10 T10 T10

Are you saying that we need to lift the age limit to say T10 70+?
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:07 pm

Wait till you find a bull ant in your hand as happened to me and you will begin to use the scoop too, even if you think is girly, it was very painful.
Cheers
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurumick Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:01 pm

I thought that was something when I seen people first using bungee's, affraid
I could understand the poor dole bludger with a crook back using one, Evil or Very Mad  V02
Than I see em using hip sticks as well, with detectors and coils that are 10 times much lighter than they use to be, affraid

Don't forget all that extra gear they lug around, Looking like something from G.I. JO .
 may as well retire from the game, going to that extent, Embarassed 
have to harden up with the 7000, you can just imagine using 2 bungee's, with 2 sticks, on these beauty's
held up by a walking crane. V07

As for the scoop it must be the "new trend", Or we've soften up more since.
 So  "Never get caught out bush without ya scoop".
lol! lol! lol!
Aurumick
Aurumick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2014-12-03

Back to top Go down

WTF is happening! Empty scoops

Post  kanga1934 Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:37 pm

in 27 yrs i have used one however a bloke i was with many years ago got a badly cut thumb from a peice of glass kanga1934

kanga1934
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next