Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spare Parts/Accessories For The GPZ 7000????????

+15
Eski
Nebuchadnezzar
Jay Gold
mickb
goldquest
coreytroy
Canned Heat
AUoptimist
shandeemax
CostasDee
goldnomad
kon61
AraratGold
G.B.
artrix
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Spare Parts/Accessories For The GPZ 7000????????  - Page 2 Empty Re: Spare Parts/Accessories For The GPZ 7000????????

Post  Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:54 am

G'day coreytroy,

The only reason for the slits in the skid plate is so it can be fitted/removed easier. I believe that the way they have designed the skid plate is so it can't fall off and I believe it actually seals better than the older design, just my opinion on it.

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Spare Parts/Accessories For The GPZ 7000????????  - Page 2 Empty Re: Spare Parts/Accessories For The GPZ 7000????????

Post  goldquest Fri May 01, 2015 6:40 pm

I was at Coiltek in Maryborough today, they have spare skid plate for the GPZ 7000, they are available now, $ 60 each.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mickb Sat May 02, 2015 11:19 am

spare batteries now available at reeds prospecting
ordered mine yesterday
leave one charging during the day with the solar panel
instead of flogging the battery every night

as for the slits in the coil on the 7000 I found a lot of grit, dirt and dust under the skid plate after 2 days use
so I just tape the edges of the coil as with all other coils
I haven't had any problems

mickb
mickb
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat May 02, 2015 12:49 pm

Good,good. That's two essential spare accessories less to worry about. Now how bout some spare coils & swing arms? Laughing Keep them coming Minelab.What a Face Appreciate the update goldquest/mickb.

Cheers Kon.T25
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Sat May 02, 2015 1:46 pm

Cool I've been hanging to get a spare battery!!
Now all I need is a 2nd wm12 and a coil 20in or larger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 02, 2015 3:09 pm

G'day All,

I picked up a spare Battery last week and just got a spare skid plate today. Thanks for the heads up GQ and Mb. Tried to get the 14" Elite, but they had sold out of them. Thanks again Guys. T25

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Mon May 04, 2015 4:45 pm

How much cost a spare battery?
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Mon May 04, 2015 5:13 pm

Hi goldguest, I was quoted $250 when I picked up my 7
I wouldn't be at all surprised if they've gone up since then.
cheers
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gold Mon May 04, 2015 5:38 pm

Why do you guys want a spare battery? (genuine question)

Iv never had mine go flat on me and detected for well over 10 hours some days. Then charge it in the car overnight, Bob's your uncle.
Jay Gold
Jay Gold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2015-03-02

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeIyXg5rKxtrVNJPEM7FAgw

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebuchadnezzar Mon May 04, 2015 7:24 pm

Just bought a spare battery @ $249

A spare battery is prudent insurance against your main battery dying while out in the field, especially if you are a long way from home, town etc. Yes, I know a battery does not die on you very often, but it does happen more often than what some people may think. I have had a couple of batteries die over the years and if you are 1700km from home and 280km from the nearest town, believe me, $249 is a wise investment if you consider the alternatives. The extra battery will also give added detecting time for those who like to get as many hours in as possible, or like to do a few hours in the evenings while the other battery is charging for the next day's use.
Nebuchadnezzar
Nebuchadnezzar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Mon May 04, 2015 7:37 pm

JayMowgrass wrote:Why do you guys want a spare battery? (genuine question)

Iv never had mine go flat on me and detected for well over 10 hours some days. Then charge it in the car overnight, Bob's your uncle.

I would never go to a remote area without a spare battery, as it would be a big waist of time and money to have to go back to town just for a spare battery!
I always carry 2x spare battery's for all of my detectors!
And sometimes we do extended trips hiking away from the car and its easier to carry a couple of spare battery's than all the stuff required to charge one.

Just bought one today for $249 but will use my 3x ctx battery's as spares as well.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Mon May 04, 2015 8:26 pm

My wife and I tramp many miles away from any roads, and hence chargers, sometimes for up to a week. For the GPX I needed to carry the equivalent of up to 400 Watt hours per week in batteries. The weight to power ratio of solar panels makes it much better to carry Li-ion batts.

The areas we go are not very accessable by vehicle except choppers
Spare Parts/Accessories For The GPZ 7000????????  - Page 2 17363630482_5b39aaf481_b

Some valleys are very steep
Spare Parts/Accessories For The GPZ 7000????????  - Page 2 17179341579_5a7008b044_b

With no flat ground my wife and I share a double hammock, real fun in a strong wind, rockabye
Spare Parts/Accessories For The GPZ 7000????????  - Page 2 17178003750_6436d41858_b

Some areas are hardly touched by detectors, 4oz nuggets were common in this creek in the early days. When you tramp into these places you need to stay a few days to make it worthwhile. That means lots of batteries.
Spare Parts/Accessories For The GPZ 7000????????  - Page 2 17179353489_98f7df0fa7_b

Along with the detector and batteries all home comforts must be lugged on the back. My wife wants a pet Um (Alpaca) When I get too old I'll consider it I think. :-)

Spare Parts/Accessories For The GPZ 7000????????  - Page 2 17178006690_b3058c60c1_b
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 04, 2015 8:27 pm

goldquest wrote:How much cost a spare battery?

Yep $250

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 04, 2015 8:33 pm

Hi Alchemist

WOW! That sure is wonderful country side.
Yes I can see the need for spare parts.
Just like spare parts for a car, just never know when you may need them.

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Mon May 04, 2015 8:45 pm

Yep sure is Jen, I love being out there chasing the metal.
I do carry spare ear buds, curly cord, coil bolt, even a spare coil if doing a lot of creek work.

The old SDs, GP/Xs are real solid robust detectors, they can take a real pounding in terrain such as this, I wonder though how will the Zed fare? Is it the same plastic they use on the F3? Is it industrial grade? Mmmmmmm.
cheers
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Eski Mon May 04, 2015 10:27 pm

Hi Kev, Didn't know you got a zed... Hope you are well

How is the hunting with it?

John...mdtech

Eski
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 04, 2015 10:47 pm

Good story and fantastic photos Alchemist...I get tired constantly pitching a tent on flat ground without all your aerial artistry!....quick aside I notice you still have the pimple on the top of your cap...I use headphones and my pet hate is that pimple pushing the aluminium rivet into the top of my brain <no smart comments now>..the first thing I remove is that pimple..it comes off/separates easily with pair of pliers and the aluminium rivet on the inside just comes out when you cut the pimple cleanly..you find it hold nothing..is only for decoration..Elmer Fudd style......sheer comfort using headphones with no cap pimple....good luck...Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Tue May 05, 2015 8:28 am

Gid'day John,
                 I've been meaning to drop by and say hello. I need to finish my detector off, and will do so this winter, I think it still has a place in my arsenal.
I got the new machine as I feel things could get very difficult over the near future, and wanted the best chance of putting aside as much gold as possible. I have an area with "Hokey Pokey" gold that I hope the Zed will lap up and cream, I just need to wait until late spring to get there.

I fear the asset stripping that occurred in the US in 2008 is primed to occur in other countries. Those who are awake will know that the AU and NZ Govts along with many others in the Western world, passed laws that give private banks the entitlement to confiscate money and assets (Homes) from customers in the event of the banks failure (bankruptcy) called "bail-in" as opposed to bailing out by the tax payer. The insurance covering these accounts is way too small for the magnitude of reset coming.
The housing market in NZ is an enormous bubble, and I believe it's no different over the ditch. The financial system is all primed for the powers that really control this planet to reap a rich harvest that will make the 2008 reset look like a micro practice session. Conspiracy theories abound on the net as to who these people are, Illuminati, Templars etc., but I think it's just the old banking families i.e. Goldman Sachs, Rockefellers, Lehmans and Kuhn Loebs of New York, the Rothschilds of Paris and London, the Warburgs of Hamburg, the Lazards of Paris, and the Israel Moses Seifs of Rome.

Bail-in Link

Along with financial disaster there is disturbing political unrest around the world, The Crusade never ended in the mind of factions of Islam. There is also climate change, but what many don't realise is the crust of the earth is cooling, evidence of such can be see in the increasing frequency of large earthquakes and volcanic eruptions as the tectonic tensions loosen up to allow release of pent up pressure. This will lead to a massive decrease in global biospheric temperatures, resulting in unprecedented crop failure, famine and disease. This is not near future, perhaps being 10 to 20 years distant and something I and many others here will not have to worry about too much.  

No blanket consensus Link

I think we are at the cusp of what the Bible refers to as the greatest time of trouble that man and the earth has ever, or will ever, experience. When you investigate other prophecies it's the most accurate detailed book I've ever read, so I believe it will be right again.

So yeah I bought a Zed as my immediate survival plan, the point may be reached where gold is worthless too, except for untarnishing cutlery and drinking vessels. In the meantime I'm trying to find areas where the new technology shines, it's an eye opener at times, but at others it's a bit Ho-Hum. As I mentioned above, it seems a bit flimsy compared to the earlier PIs.
I have absolutely no doubts about the electronics, but the software has been simplified a bit much. I think it would've been better to have had the option of going into an advanced menu, like the Minelab FBS machines. A lot of money but I'm hoping a good bag of Hokey Pokey will fully compensate me.  

John, I guess you're now wishing you never said "Hi"?
Most people probably think "not another bleeding waffle" and pass on, not that anyone's being forced to ingest this stuff if they don't want too!  

Gid'day Larry,
             I know what you mean about the "pimples" these particular hats are not too bad, the pimple actually helps hold the phones on, but I had another baseball cap that was real bad. After a couple of hours or so it felt like someone was drilling a hole in the top of my skull, I think the whole thing went in the rubbish, I didn't think of just removing the pimple. LOL

Cheers Guys, lecture over
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Thu May 07, 2015 5:16 pm

Since you ask ¥, this is the most balanced, sensible, realistic, rational,
non-cultist video I've ever seen explaining Climate Change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ew05sRDAcU&app=desktop

Source:http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2015/03/12/the-top-6-climate-change-problems/
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  miner mare Tue May 12, 2015 1:47 pm

For your information, I found a replacement GPZ 7000 skid plate on a website out of USA - minerjohndesigns.com I am happy with how it works, and it's heavy duty. Have a look!

miner mare

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 13, 2015 8:29 pm

Herd a rumor that a replacment coil for the 7k is $2000.00, Shocked  that has to be BS?

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Wed May 13, 2015 9:08 pm

Don't believe everything you hear, some people just like to talk.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Yeah I got that. My ears stood up when he said that was direct from Minelab tho. confused

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed May 13, 2015 10:43 pm

What? $2000 for a replacement 14x13 coil Shocked affraid  Talk about being peeled like bananas. Skinned alive,would hurt less. Shocked Sad  

There's no cheers from me boys,cause you'v made my day.Shocked  Kon.What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Thu May 14, 2015 5:39 am

The plastic used on the coil is not exactly "solid" either, more of a polyester than an ABS, easily scratched. I cringe every time I hit a rock.

If the chip inside the coil is a proprietary security measure, then any OEMs licensed to manufacture will not be in a position to undercut Minelab by much, if any.

I'll fork out though, I love using this machine.

alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Fri May 15, 2015 4:39 pm

Minersden parramatta has the wm12 modules now just got one $330.

Now all we need is a big coil!!!!!!!!!
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:15 pm

C'mmon Minelab.What's the hold-up with the introduction of a larger coil for the GPZ? If we wait any longer,there won't be a need to push the sales of the GPZs,for the current and newly designed,upcoming/after market coils for the GPXs,are almost on par and at times surpassing the GPZ in depth scratch Laughing

Cheers Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:17 am

Embarassed  Very sorry Kon, looking back I see I did a really good job of hijacking your thread.

I've been suffering from a chronic B12 deficiency for many months according to my Dr. Low B12 can make you do and say strange out of character things, along with many other very serious health issues.  geek

OK Getting back on topic now.

Yes Minelab, in approximately one week it will have been 6 months since release of 7000. Hopefully it's just a matter of stocking the warehouse well before releasing the Super Deep Search coil so nobody's disappointed by short supply.
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:16 am

No probs alchemist.You concentrate on getting better.We all tend to stray off topic from time to time,I'm a culprit of it and on more than one occasion. It's in man's nature to do so.As long as we get back on track,to the main topic discussion,no harm done. Anyway's as GPZ 7000 investor/users,we know that Minelab won't leave us with only a 14x13 coil in place,especially not on a $10,700 detector. A larger,as well as smaller,lighter/more manoeuvrable coil is coming & coming with a vengeance. Only a matter of time now,before we're reaching the true depths,of payable gold. Smile cheers

Cheers Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:00 am

Spare Parts/Accessories For The GPZ 7000????????  - Page 2 Pump_i10

Start pumping that iron Kon, the GPZ 20" coil will probably weigh over 3 kg!

I don't think there will be any 8" coil, might take sales away from the SPC2300.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next