Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Negatives of the GPZ7000

2 posters

Go down

The Negatives of the GPZ7000 Empty The Negatives of the GPZ7000

Post  Basada Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:56 pm

I have sung the praises of the Zed and I don't think I will be putting it down or selling it and going back to the 5000 or 2300 anytime soon. What are the negatives. Weight for our fairer detector operators. I do think maybe a bit heavy for the female gender or even some of our Mr average men out there. No Mr average your not weak. I think if your not swinging it all the time [every weekend] then how possibly can you swing it once a month or once every 3 months. Its like football you got to get match fit. Same with detecting you got to build up to it. Over the years iv seen blokes that could hold a bull out to pee. Pack it in within a hour. Cant detect anymore my arm to sore and going to fall off. That's no joke absolutely true. Ok I swing it day in day out I have worked up to it. I can swing the 7000 all day without a bungee if I want to. I don't I use a bungee because it helps me swing all day without getting sore. I don't use a hip stick or anything else. I use the bungee because this detector is heavy. I really don't think it Mrs average friendly. I know their will be women out there that are detector fit and can swing this detector all day Jen or Karen from Townsville spring to mind. They would be a minority not the majority.
Coil size we have the choice of 14" and 14" to choose from at the moment. I know not a real lot of sizes to hunt all the different terrain. Lets all pray to the great detector god to send us some different size coils. I know some out there will say the Zed is like 3 detectors in one and I agree to a point. Give us an arsenal of different size coils to hunt different terrrains.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

The Negatives of the GPZ7000 Empty Re: The Negatives of the GPZ7000

Post  kevlorraine2 Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:17 pm

hi basada, hate to see all your effort on this subject go to waste without a reply ---
got my new z and been in the paddocks for the last week, but only put in a good full days detecting done on the sixth day.
i deliberately didnt put the new pro harness on the whole week, no bungee or hipstick.
i was happy to say i have convinced myself to work through the tiredness and will continue to do it that way.
much cooler and great freedom from cords and connections, i really enjoyed the freedom to be able to place the z well away from digging holes, and to dress in lighter getout to allow the sweat to cool me down linke a waterbag. really enjoyed it
... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

The Negatives of the GPZ7000 Empty How to balance the 7000

Post  Basada Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:51 pm

Hi Kev I don't use the harness I use a 3lt hydration pack. I normally put 1.5lts of water in it. I am about 182 cm in height [don't ask what I weigh] lol. I normally extend the shaft out about 2 extended hand widths [42cm]. That's between the black clamps. I use a bungee and a arm strap over the armrest. I have found the further you extend the shaft the heavier it feels. Just like a big leaver. I believe having the water in the backpack helps counter balance the detector. As I drink the water and the hydration pack gets lighter I have to shorten my bungee cord to keep the correct height above the ground whilst swinging.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down