Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First swing with my 7000, first impressions.

2 posters

Go down

First swing with my 7000, first impressions. Empty First swing with my 7000, first impressions.

Post  kevwr Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:42 pm

Day 1, frustration, disappointment, seem very unstable and was twittering like an early morning bird!! Was close to going back to my GPX5k. No gold.

Day 2... early hours of the morning, couldn't sleep so decided to get up and plant a couple of sample bits and play with the settings and re-read the manual... Wow, I got the darn thing stable and went back to bed to dream of the next days detecting.

Day 2. Early breakfast and back to my patch that I had worked so hard "Low and slow" with my 5000. Couldn't believe it when I started getting some clear signals that my 5000 had missed.  But unfortunately the morning turned up about 20 tiny shot gun pellets and one small nugget.  But I was happy because I realised that this machine was picking up stuff that I had missed.

Afternoon. Ran the 7000 under a tree that I had checked many times before and got a clear signal.  Another shot gun pellet? No nice .8 gram bit that was about 7" deep.  How did I miss that with my 5000? Finished the day with 4 nuggets, wont pay for my detector but knowledge gained for next time.

As for my sample bits... on a 5c coin buried deep, I couldn't see much difference to the GPX5k, but on the sub gram bits, there was a definite improvement in depth.  Not very scientific, but I will do some more in depth testing next time.

kevwr
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2014-04-29

Back to top Go down

First swing with my 7000, first impressions. Empty Re: First swing with my 7000, first impressions.

Post  IGotBigNuggets Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:11 am

It does take some getting used to, different audio response and swing speed etc...

Keep at it.
IGotBigNuggets
IGotBigNuggets
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2013-01-28

Back to top Go down