Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPZ7000 RELEASE DELAYED ??

+46
247Prospector
Martin R
BatchelorGold
Detrackozi
goldnomad
AuSeeker
G.B.
GoldHound
ttrash
pablop
gold-fever
kevlorraine2
yellowfin
Mechanic
Alan WA
Redfin
geof_junk
mardymoose
Narrawa
GemQ
dolandave
Digginerup
Cal
Hermann
Troopy
CJ
goldenhero
papoutsi
Ash100456
kon61
Jonathan Porter
Tributer
Reno Chris
sandy2010
Undertaker
Nightjar
Faultzone
ozgold 041
secret gold
Qld Sandy
Old Hand
ARIZONA
Auger
rc62burke
martinjsto
AraratGold
50 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

GPZ7000 RELEASE DELAYED  ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: GPZ7000 RELEASE DELAYED ??

Post  Faultzone Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:09 am

There is talk of a chip in the coil.

They will go the same way as caterpillar......nothing will be interchangeable to keep you guys from buying after-market coils or fittings.

They are losing too much ground to Coiltek etc.

And they wont mind punching them out of the picture.

Do you all believe that this delay is not purposely made? We all want what we cant have dont we?

Its marketing genius from them.

A better way to siv your pockets and pay what they ask.

We would need a huge jump in current technology to make the price they ask worthwhile......
Faultzone
Faultzone
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2014-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:41 am

Last edited by larry303 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:05 am

larry303 wrote:.<one day we had the 5000 the best detector in the world and in one blink we have it inferior in many ways to the 2300...likely more about marketing hype than real performance/possible results>.. Sad ..

confused blink of an eye?? 4 years passed between the release of the GPX 5000 and the SDC 2300

Back to top Go down

Post  ozgold 041 Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:21 am

Hi there Larry.

You are getting a bit carried away with all the anticipation mate, I feel you are right in what you say about the volumes of hype that will come before release and after. Larry you have it just a little mixed up about the 7000, it ain't the big one, there are 2 coming. It is a simplified 5000 in a 30-30 box, yes it has a chipped 14"inch DD coil & a GPS thrown in, slightly different timings and a color screen.

Super ability???  It will cost you $7000 to find out. Don't forget to do your weights!

Cheers ozgold

ozgold 041
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2013-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:04 pm

ozgold 041 wrote:Hi there Larry.

You are getting a bit carried away with all the anticipation mate, I feel you are right in what you say about the volumes of hype that will come before release and after. Larry you have it just a little mixed up about the 7000, it ain't the big one, there are 2 coming. It is a simplified 5000 in a 30-30 box, yes it has a chipped 14"inch DD coil & a GPS thrown in, slightly different timings and a color screen.

Super ability???  It will cost you $7000 to find out. Don't forget to do your weights!

Cheers ozgold

I think Minelab have a pretty good track record for reasonable marketing claims, their product performs, especially compared to the competition, and they hold very good resale value. As for the rest of the above comments, very fanciful remarks veiled as fact that aren't based in reality cyclops  (funny when you consider in the same paragraph Minelab is accused of marketing hype Razz )
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:49 pm

JP if they are not based in reality, you must know what reality is, to be able to differentiate...why not put us on the path to righteousness and share some facts....

I like/use and recommend Minelab products....I questioned the pricing on the 2300 not its performance, and I also questioned how wise it was to compare two current products by the same Company....is it likely to be the new one against the other two now?....doesn't inspire confidence...Hoo Roo

Last edited by larry303 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Faultzone Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:13 am

larry303 wrote:I suspect 'we ain't seen nothin' yet'.. with all the hype that will be attached to this one to justify not only the price...but perceived "unique" features such as possibly its intrinsic exterior design, stated far superior steroid performance to anything previous, dedicated coil <coils?>, weight/balance, batteries etc..etc....its gold finding abilities/story's will no doubt be legion....with many photos of gold already found in their trials.....and its ability to punch shallow and deep......and many success story's.....sound familiar?....<one day we had the 5000 the best detector in the world and in one blink we have it inferior in many ways to the 2300...likely more about marketing hype than real performance/possible results>.. Sad ..

We had a taste of all this new hype with attempts to justify the $4,000 price tag for the 2300 to find much fly shattt and small lead.....the fact prospectors were lining up to buy it at the realistic price of $2600 in the 'combo deal with fries and coke' demonstrates where its true price/value lay to the buying market.......
If the scuttlebutt suggested price tag is $9500 and IF you can't use your current arsenal of various coils..<which already represent a substantial investment for most of us>...bet the coil manufacturers are watching events unfold, with more than a "little" interest...... the marketing hype directed to prospectors will likely be massive for this new 'Super Dooper'...with marketing strategies no doubt already being implemented....this will likely be the' big one' alright...in more ways than one....should prove interesting...<we'll throw in a 2300 with your new' Super Dooper' for $10,500 sort of play???Question >...""" b...b...babyyy...we ain't seen nothing yet"""....Suspect ..should be fun.bounce .when its all laid out before us.  Like a Star @ heaven  ..I can wait....Arrow .Hoo Roo

Spot on larry.

They pray on the unsuspecting. Not saying i blame them as such, a business must earn a profit and i dont want to be perceived as a ML hater, but they really dont mind who they fleece with smoke and mirrors marketing

Although their products are top shelf, there certainly is no 'top secret', NASA classified technology to there machines and I smelt a rat when i considered purchasing a 5000 not too long ago.

I went with the Whites TDI Pro Oz series......its a super snoop and finds gold like a hungry dog. With the money i saved, i took my wife to QLD for a holiday and bring her home gold from my varied patches.

Now she pushes me out the door on weekends and demands i go prospecting.

God I love this life!  V06
Faultzone
Faultzone
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2014-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:10 am

larry303 wrote:JP if they are not based in reality, you must know what reality is, to be able to differentiate...why not put us on the path to righteousness and share some facts....the 2300 has not held its resale price because of the devious marketing ploy which placed some in the hands of prospectors for $2600 and others had to pay nigh on $4,000..it now has a perceived bench mark value by any potential 2nd hand buyers.......if that track record was repeated again...I suggest there will be no track record to maintain.....comparing the 5000 directly with the 2300 on Utube by a well known Minelab person <even if that person is no longer with Minelab> was also not a sound marketing ploy.....compare a product against your opposition but to compare your new product against your still current' top of the line' is bizarre.....especially when the top of the line comes out unfavourably.....

I like/use and recommend Minelab products....I questioned the pricing on the 2300 not its performance, and I also questioned how wise it was to compare two current products by the same Company....is it likely to be the new one against the other two now?....doesn't inspire confidence...Hoo Roo

Larry, its pretty obvious that when doing detector comparisons that a Minelab would be compared to a Minelab. Suspect The facts are the SDC has superior sensitivity to small targets compared to the GPX 5000, it also has a very tight band width timing which allows it to run very quiet in pretty nasty ground, however a 5000 would walk away with the outright depth advantage on the majority of targets over a few grams unless the target had an extremely fast time constant such as a finely disseminated gold quartz specimen.

I would have thought it was pretty obvious the 5000 was being discounted in the recent sales promotion bundle deal...not the SDC. Shocked  Makes sense when you consider the 5000 has been out now for over 4 years and is getting close to having another product replace it as the "top of the line" product for Minelab. The way I see it some fence sitters got themselves into a very cheap GPX 5000 thanks to the recent bundle deals... a good move I would have thought on Minelab's part to clear some stock on shelves and keep a cash flow happening for them and their dealers (who have been suffering in recent months). Just because the words out there's about to be a new kid on the block does not mean that all previous models will suddenly stop finding gold. What a Face

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:25 am

Jonathan Porter wrote: Just because the words out there's about to be a new kid on the block does not mean that all previous models will suddenly stop finding gold. What a Face

JP

Great to read some info that makes sense. Thanks JP.
All the hype about the new model is pure speculation, you're not going to win a mars bar if you correctly predict what specs the new machine will have.
It will be here soon enough then you can talk real talk. T33

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:27 pm

It's a bit of a concern that the 2 doctors have left minelab, like rats from a sinking ship. If the new ZVT was superior why isn't the military using it? Could it be that the military are using it but they call it bi-polar technology. Now that the Chinese have acquired the GPX tech could the gpz7000 be a modified f3 with bipolar.
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:19 am

Faultzone wrote:I went with the Whites TDI Pro Oz series......its a super snoop and finds gold like a hungry dog. With the money i saved, i took my wife to QLD for a holiday and bring her home gold from my varied patches.

Now she pushes me out the door on weekends and demands i go prospecting

Whites GMT & you saved enough on a GPX5000 to take the wife to Fiji.
Whites TDI & you saved enough on a GPX5000 to take the wife to Qld.
Where did you take the wife when you got the GPX4500 with the money saved. Razz

lol! you crack me up Meta. I thought that you said the GMT was outdoing your mates using GPX's anyway. Why the TDI & GPX?
One of those Chinese 7000's would be better hey. Think of the holiday you can go on then. silent

Back to top Go down

GPZ7000 RELEASE DELAYED  ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: GPZ7000 RELEASE DELAYED.

Post  sandy2010 Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:40 pm

What Minelab should do is announce that they are now taking orders for the "new model"......a Limited Edition, (to be released in the "forseeable future").........20% non-refundable deposit and all orders in chronological sequence.............

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:43 pm

Ahh, but the devil is in the detail.....20% of what?.....you would have to state the total purchase price which is the very last detail they'll no doubt wish to reveal....lead with all its new attributes first, by those in all possibility already out in the field testing....Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Post  secret gold Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:50 pm

ha ha ha ha who the f would pay close to $10k for a detector seriously lol Shocked someone's who's obviously richly rich

secret gold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2014-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:02 am

secret gold wrote: ha ha ha ha  who the f would pay close to $10k for a detector seriously lol Shocked  someone's who's obviously richly rich

Probably anyone serious about there hobby or full timers

Hobby/amature

cyclist
fisherman
sailing
golfer
motor or boat racing

ect ect

most pastimes require capital expendeture some more some less, it's up to you to choose how much you choose to spend and how to make do with what you can afford.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:18 am

secret gold wrote: ha ha ha ha  who the f would pay close to $10k for a detector seriously lol Shocked  someone's who's obviously richly rich

I know a few that would..   
that love this hobby..   No they aren't "richly rich" as you put it!

It's no different to any other hobby, the out lay may cost a bit,
 but at least if you are willing to put the hours in on the ground looking, 
you will be rewarded..

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:37 am

as GB says above - all hobbies cost money.

fishing is the only other hobby that i can think of that rewards you with a physical reward/saving.

as a - couple a weeks a year - hobbiest in gold detecting for the last fifteen years, i can honestly say i am ahead, cost wise,
couldnt possibly say that with another hobby. and the very nature of what you do, metal detecting, is a pure bonus.Very Happy

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

GPZ7000 RELEASE DELAYED  ?? - Page 2 Empty New machine

Post  ttrash Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:15 am

Teaser video of new Minelab machine is due out on ......................... Shocked Shocked

ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:17 pm

Gold might exist on/in the ground,in many a shape form/size,in just about any place/section of earth one can think of,but,detectable gold (gold within reach,of current day detectors),is almost all but gone. Unless Minelab,or any other major detecting manufacturer can come up with,something that can penetrate better/further,into and through,iron rich soils,distinguishing gold from other conductive minerals,detecting for gold as we know it today,will soon come to an end and cease to exist. I hope you're paying attention Minelab and not just counting $$$?  
I,like the rest of us prospector/gold detectorists,can only hope,that the next generation,of new gold detecting technology,comes in the form of major technological advances,way above that of the current line of GPX series detectors and not in dribs & drabs,or prospecting/detecting for gold in general,will soon be a reminiscence of ones mind,a thing of the past.Sad

Cheers Kon.T25
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:57 pm

Well said Kon,....

Last edited by larry303 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Reno Chris Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:22 am

Oh, Winge, cry, whine, moan, sob, Boooo Hooo!
Yep, there is no gold left in Australia, JP has found the last piece. The folks posting their finds here on the forum are showing off nuggets found decades ago and hidden away for future bragging rights. Let me point out that gold is selling for about 5 times the price as it did 10 or 15 years ago in the golden days when big finds were more common. You are finding 1/5th the gold you used to? You are selling it for 5 times the price! Gold is expensive because its rare and difficult to find.

ML has said the new flagship detector will have new technology, but I am sure many Aussies will still complain, too expensive, not good enough, wrong color, too confusing, wrong marketing strategy, etc., etc., etc....

I don't know what the results will be in Australia, but I am confident it wont be a situation where all the well known and heavily pounded patches which once yielded pounds will once more yield as just if they are brand new and produce pounds and pounds all over again. No doubt that there will be some patches that will yield more gold, but it wont be like a time machine back to 1990. So many will surely complain.

1. Yes the easy to reach, well known, cream of the gold crop is for the most part harvested. Yet there are plenty of more obscure, difficult to find locations with good gold which are more work to find and explore. Prospecting is hard work, and if you just want to go to well known spots easily driven to, walk 10 meters and see what can be pounded out of places walked over by hundreds of others, yes, you will not find much.  Sad
2. By the way, all the detector companies who are marketing gold oriented machines are making giant sales in places like Africa, continental Asia and South America -and plenty of gold is still being found in these areas. Smart detector makers like ML are thinking globally, not just about one country or another. It is so very appropriate that a YANK be the one remind you Aussies that the world is bigger than just Australia! Shocked
3. Smart prospectors who know what they are doing and are willing to work hard, will be out finding gold with the new 7000 later this year. I know that I will, and I am already setting aside some money and making plans for the time when it becomes available. Whilst you all are busy sobbing and complaining that the new detector isn't the technology equivalent of a time machine back to 1990, debating what you feel is an "appropriate" price, considering correct marketing strategies ML should employ, and all the rest of things you will find wrong (what ever that is), I will be out digging gold with my new detector, as will a bunch of smart Aussies and yanks. In time as you see more and more new finds being posted and maybe see others finding gold with them in the field, many of you will become convinced of its value and eventually will go out and buy one. That's the way it has worked with all the recent ML gold oriented detectors and I am pretty confident that its the way it will work this time as well.
Reno Chris
Reno Chris
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:14 am

Well said Chris. The majority of the whinging about too expensive, too hard to find, comes from the keyboard bandits. Too busy enlightening us of there vast wisdom to get off the arses and go find some gold.
Anyone who spends more time swinging a detector then complaining on the internet will easily be able to afford the new model.

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:21 am

Chris!!!

Well written mate.

There will be a vacancy for Prime Minister here in a couple of weeks. Will you accept the position please as JP is too busy? Razz

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:23 am

Pretty amazing some the things you read on the net, Larry takes today's prize outright. Very Happy  I've been doing this for a very long time now and have had an internet presence for a fair chunk of that time, over the years I've copped it all, from praise to abuse, from jealousy to admiration! Funnily enough Chris Ralph in a short time spent with me saw a lot of it first hand face to face with total strangers. Its the Australian way it seems.

larry303 wrote:....I suggest it's also getting harder for JP to promote each new model unless they really come up with the goods...I felt he struggled to promote the 5000 over the 4500 because there was such little difference.....and anyone that has found as much gold <small and large> as he obviously has, would also have a problem getting 'firmed up' over the 2300....and to try and create desirability...in 2015 finding a few small bits under a tree branch or whatever doesn't cut the mustard flogging a $4,000 detector...

Larry our DVD on the GPX 5000 is our best selling DVD yet and generated some very good donation money for PMAV and APLA thanks to its success. There are plenty of differences between the 4500 and 5000 to give me lots of material to work with, in fact my passion about those differences cost me some friends because I felt so personally injured when the friends did not agree with me (I regret getting so upset about things on that occasion and definitely could have handled that particular situation a lot better).

As for the SDC 2300, guess what you silly man? I've been busy focusing on other more important things!!! Suspect

larry303 wrote:We can only hope for everyone's sake including Minelabs' and of course their Dealers, that they really have some new technology, which opens up new frontiers of prospecting, in depth, discrimination and better handling mineralisation,  and not simply a new way to relieve us of our prospecting hobby dollars....otherwise one is entitled to question why they wouldn't just keep manufacturing the successful 5000 and 2300's which already cover the whole prospecting buying demographic, and simply try and expand their buyer base BY OFFERING THEM AT A MORE REALISTIC PRICE, taking in to consideration Kon's thoughts about how much harder it really is to find any gold in Australia today by detector means to justify the total expense including an array of coils...we'll no doubt know soon enough....hopefully with JP back larger than life and spruiking real advances in detector/coil technology......

Minelab have a track record of making real advancements in technology and performance, every PI machine since the release of the SD 2000 in 1995 has been better than the previous model in one way or another, if you don't believe me go back and use an SD 2000 to see what I'm talking about!! I can clearly remember people grumbling and complaining about the SD 2000 and how they felt large nuggets should be laying everywhere and that Minelab were responsible for their not finding gold!! Guess what? The gold was literally laying everywhere and Minelab were the ones responsible for it!!! I wonder Larry were you one of the ones whinging and complaining then too?

Larry I don't Spruik..... I'm overly enthusiastic, I'm verbose, I'm loud, I'm arrogant and I'm passionate, do not confuse my verbosity for spruiking. Minelab use me because I'm passionate, but everything I write about, even the bits I get wrong, come from the heart. I mean and believe in everything I say and write, even if it's loud, verbose and arrogant!!

Lastly, all of us here reading this thread know how expensive things are in Australia, that's the price we pay for living in a society with a safety net! It costs lots and lots of dollars to R&D stuff (especially in Australia), yet Minelab persists. Minelab employ locally a lot of highly specialised people to help develop their highly innovative products which people like you Larry take for granted. At the end of the day demand for the product dictates its success not armchair detectorists scrambling up onto a soap box spruiking venom to anyone who will listen.

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:52 am

Well at least on behalf of the Forum and this thread we've extracted even more info from those in a position to know...that was my intention..Hoo Roo

Last edited by larry303 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:35 am

Been detecting since the 2000 was released and I have learnt not to waste time following the banter on the next model. I agree with chris and others, just get out there and find gold. The banter happens for each model and is just outrageous now because of the long gap between releases. If you want to make money from gold, just research and keep looking at new spots and get your coil on new ground, wait for the new model release and wait a week longer to be sure it has no issues with performance and dry solders (ie first batch of extremes) or whatever, and then buy it, and rehit your old patches.

My only interest about new models is that Minelab have never paid attention to some basic design features (ie SDC design issues). Easily changeable battery system that is not glued to a circuit board and costs you $330 to replace when one $5 cell fails and a couple inches more length in the shafts for taller people would be good. We will see. In the meantime the 4500 is helping me find my share of gold on a regular basis, thankyou very much.
Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:27 am

Hi JP
I was wondering.... If and when the new detector becomes available..
Will you be giving all of us your take on it/review?

As I for one would be interested on your thoughts.
I know the more serious prospector out there will go ahead and buy it no matter what as they want the advantage over the older machines.
But for the part time hobbyist out there, I wonder if it would be worth the outlay? 

Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:21 am

Larry,what I'm about to say is not meant to ridicule,hang sh*t on anyone,taken personally nor should be seen as such.It is my opinion only,but the price of the new upcoming detecting technology from Minelab,should not,nor be seen as a deterrent to the end all of prospecting for gold,as we know it today. When it comes to finding the means to afford the new flagship detector,(like any toy/tool) many variables are taken into account & factored in. The most important variable in this game is time,for finance,will always be an issue in any game.Does one have the time,to put in towards the prospecting for gold,on a regular basis? For the ones that can or have done so in the past,should not have much trouble finding the finance from the spoils acquired,& together with their trade in,presto,whalla,the new toy is suddenly within reach.One cannot put a price on the things they enjoy/love doing,for to them that is life no? Where there's a will there's always a way.  Prospecting for gold just like the variables in the ground,is both time consuming,physically demanding,and quite costly (from a wallet point of view) but which hobby isn't?  Many hobbies or sport,can be rewarding,but few are the ones that can be both rewarding (as in a joy/thrill to do) whilst at the same time,paying for themselves.
If anyone here thinks,that by spending say $9,000 or so,for the best detecting gear on offer,and not put in the research,with constant dedicated ground time,are in for a rude shock.They simply will fail in their quest.
Like many here,I know,there's more gold to be found in the ground,some lying just a couple of inches out of detector reach,for it is not the gold that has been depleted,as much has,the detecting technology to take it further and find more.
I have no doubt,judging by Minelabs past,that any new metal detecting technology offered,will be an advancement from all previous models produced,the question here (like always) is,by how much,and will it be enough?

Cheers Kon.T25
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:39 pm

Jen58 wrote:Hi JP
I was wondering.... If and when the new detector becomes available..
Will you be giving all of us your take on it/review?

As I for one would be interested on your thoughts.
I know the more serious prospector out there will go ahead and buy it no matter what as they want the advantage over the older machines.
But for the part time hobbyist out there, I wonder if it would be worth the outlay? 

Thank you

Hi Jen58, when this happens I will no doubt be front and center putting my thoughts and opinions forward for those interested. From my perspective I intend to focus on helping people get the most out of the experience because it has been stated quite openly that we will be looking at totally new technology, new technology means explanations will be required comparing what is to come to what came before. Exciting times for sure.

For people trying to read into why I'm more frequent on the internet of late, its down to the wet weather and muggy conditions here in Central QLD, rain and high humidity equals cabin fever not the imminent release of a new detector, on that front I have no clear idea of Minelab's marketing and release plans.

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:22 pm

Thank you for your quick reply JP
very much appreciated,
no doubt there will be a lot to learn If & when the new machine comes out

Will be looking forward to your input
study there shall be plenty of reading to do Laughing

Can only imagine the weather you are having up there
Down here in vic, top of 25, now it's the damn mozzie's driving us nuts! V02

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next