Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Falling apart...

3 posters

Go down

Falling apart... Empty Falling apart...

Post  Pixulator Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:57 am

Hi all,

I've owned my 5000 for less then two months now and have two issues.

1. The plastic insert that holds the coil has fallen out of the stick, so I have taped this up (as I have seen others do in YouTube vids) now I'm just running it with the clamp loose at full length.

2. The surround of the quick track button is falling away from the button.

3. Foam around grip is falling apart. ( directly after I tried to clean the dirt off with soapy water )

Don't get me wrong I love the machine and am sure this is not a warranty issue as I've probably been a llittle rough on it I guess.

Just wondering if others have the same issues and what they have done?

For example replace the stick altogether with a different aluminium rod, or replaced foam with a rubber grip.

Thanks.
Pixulator
Pixulator
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2014-09-23

Back to top Go down

Falling apart... Empty Re: Falling apart...

Post  deutran Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:34 am

Hi Pixulator
The plastic insert can just be glued back in with 5 min epoxy from the hardware,the foam grip can be replaced with a new one quite easily,these should last for ages though not sure why maybe the soap affected it I usually get a good year or more from one.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:11 pm

Just to add a bit more about the foam hand grip, if you use some types of sunscreen and/or insect replants, and some of this is still on your hands it will degrade the foam in no time. Make sure this is not happening, goodness only know what is does to our skin when things like this disintegrate foam and plastic etc.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  toycru Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:22 pm

Hi.
I purchased a new foam grip but wrapped some book binding tape around the old torn foam as the replacement job looked a bit tricky. 12 months later it is still going strong and I haven't had to use the new grip!
Cheers, Toycru.
toycru
toycru
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down