Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer

+10
scooter
Nightjar
Celeste
chopppacalamari
GoldstalkerGPX
jmp333
nero_design
Narrawa
mallee00
HOBO'S Gold
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 3 Empty Re: Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer

Post  Guest Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:39 am

Adrian,

The cable on a mono is generally thicker than that on a DD also.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 3 Empty Re: Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer

Post  Guest Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:23 am

Robert,
Thanks for the info.
Cheers,
Adrian

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:15 pm

But wait there's more, looks like someone else has jumped on the band wagon.

Click Here

Back to top Go down

Post  mallee00 Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:21 pm

He must be good, he just bought Porters dvds on the 4500 and a cd with gold maps off ebay, now hes an expert. mallee00 and the mutt

mallee00
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:10 pm

most likely only just got his 4500 too....feb he bought a gold snoop and in the last month or so he's bought back pack, scales etc..

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:21 pm

The guy that was selling the settings has 3 very positive feedbacks for those settings Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes , I wonder if they have used those settings and got Gold???? Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes . I dont think so Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 3 Icon_twisted . every bit of ground, in different gold fields in vic. is not the same, and therefore different settings may need to be used. Regards Johnny Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 3 Icon_sunny
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2008-10-22

https://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:56 pm

G'day Johnny.

And i bet i know what those three positive feed backs are;
1) Do not use machine directly under power lines.
2) Machine not to be used for underwater exploration.
3)Coil end,must not be used for shoveling purposes.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:14 am

Gday

Its easy to get a bit lazy when it comes to 4500 settings, what is good for one area is not necessarily much good somewhere else, so taking the time to tweek up when you get somewhere new is very important.

At present I am in the bush south of Cue and yesterday spent the best part of the day using settings that I was using in an area north of Karratha, I got one or two pieces during the day, but thinking in the end that the detector was not performing as it should have been I had a good look at all the settings, the soil in this area is highly mineralised and lots of banded ironstone, which will sometimes give a signal too.

The best settings I have found to use in these conditions are still in enhance but you very carefully adjust up the gain and then use the stabiliser to get the detector to a point where its just a tad twitchy, in other words right on the border between stable and unstable, much like the way a gp extreme runs with an untidy threshold.

Within minutes I bagged about six or seven bits, the most pieces for the day, and I will have a closer look at these settings again today and see if there is anything else that helps, anyway the moral of the story is dont get complacent, make sure you look at your settings and dont just pick the machine up and run with what you have been using elsewhere.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:00 pm

HOBO'S Gold wrote: I wonder if they have used those settings and got Gold????

G'day Johnny, Well I have asked the question, I have had one response from one of the 3 buyers, He has not had a chance to use them yet but is going out this weekend, hopefully he lets me know. He says they turned up in the mail laminated, so must just be one sheet. Any way I have basically told him what stayyer has just said about not all ground suiting all settings!!

Lets hope for the $99 these guys get some results. If he gets back to me I might just give him web address's for some forum's to learn some more!!

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:06 pm

Hi all, well here we have it, In two of the three cases we have new users that were not aware of forums, Well on guy did ask questions on one particular forum with no help recieved (don't need to mention which one)

I recieved an email today of the settings being sold on ebay! Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 3 Icon_evil Like I said I wouldn't pay $9 for the info.

Along with the email,I received settings that the user was given and has been using (set up by bendigo gold)
Also with settings that he obtained from this forum and a comparrison of the settings purchased.

In summary the settings from bendigo gold were good settings, the two from this site available to all also good settings....Thanks to Jefgold and Nightjar

As for the ebay settings,some settings were either left blank or inserted with a Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 3 Icon_question

I have not asked permission to publish the information emailed to me BUT you never know, maybe with some editing of his personal settings he may post his results.

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Hey GoldstalkerGPX, How's those Ebay settings going? Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 3 Icon_biggrin Did you find your fortune in gold yet? I would be interested what those settings are, not really for personal use, but what would they be compared to the ones I use. I really dont think there are any magic settings that are above the rest. Regards Johnny Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 3 Icon_sunny
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:31 pm

G'day Johnny, I won't be using those settings mate, my machine is set up better than the ones that were sold on ebay.
Although for some ground types of course they may suit.

Magic Settings....Are the ones that work for the area you are working Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 3 Icon_lol

I know this is posted elswhere as well but doesn't hurt to double up on this type of info.
If anyone hasn't seen this chart have a look HERE or goto to the minelabe website and have a read also of THIS

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:59 pm

Sounds like dwt is back in business.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:03 pm

llanbric wrote:Sounds like dwt is back in business.

I recieved an email saying that he is, under the name of 'THEGOLDDUDE'

Appologies to thegolddude if I have been miss informed.
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  delapan Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:35 pm

no replies to that one yet pol !!
delapan
delapan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:23 pm

Why is that??
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:49 am

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MINELAB-COMMANDER-COILS-15-X-12-SEMI-ELIPTICAL-DD-/230491239629?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item35aa5934cd

bit of a price drop Mr Ruckwood, good to see you're advertising them as DD's not fraudlently as monos

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:39 am

Hey Steve, Looks like his droped the prices on his settings now Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 3 Icon_eek $69 and there yours, Maybe Eureka will buy them now Would you pay $99 for this ???????? Tuna versus ebay Scammer - Page 3 Icon_lol http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230492381248&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Regards Johnny
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3