Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detecting partner wanted for occasional day at ultimate private property

5 posters

Go down

Detecting partner wanted for occasional day at ultimate private property Empty Detecting partner wanted for occasional day at ultimate private property

Post  Goldhere Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:10 pm

I have found it draining by myself, physically and psychologically so often work with a close friend taking it in turns to detect or dig. I have access to a friends huge private property with a huge history of significant nuggets. I only get up about 4 times a year. I hire a 6500 and have a powerful magnet to check before and during digging. I live in Melbourne and travel via Maryborough to the property in Dunolly region. Unfortunately my friends are not often available

If anyone reading this is trustworthy, easy going, fit, obsessively patient and passionate( like me!!) and is in Melbourne I would be happy to meet to discuss further and give details. I have found a small nugget already and a huge area to still go over. 50/50 basis plus percentage to property owner. Part of the issue is selecting the right spots so if you are experienced and have good knowledge of geology i would consider paying a mentor. Thankyou!! bounce

Goldhere
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-09-11

Back to top Go down

Detecting partner wanted for occasional day at ultimate private property Empty Re: Detecting partner wanted for occasional day at ultimate private property

Post  goldenhero Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:39 pm

Hi Goldhere , welcome to the forum , good luck finding a buddy and plenty of Gold ..cheers Mick

goldenhero
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down

Detecting partner wanted for occasional day at ultimate private property Empty Re: Detecting partner wanted for occasional day at ultimate private property

Post  Cams 4500 Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:25 pm

Might help if you indicate where in Melbourne you are.  I am fortunate that my neighbour has taken up the hobby so we take turns in who's car and bush camp for a night, we get along quite well, fortunately I knew him beforehand and sharing cars etc was never an issue.  Having someone close can help to cut costs.

And welcome to the forum Smile

Why don't you try and get to the Laanecoorie Bash to meet other prospectors.
Cams 4500
Cams 4500
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:06 pm

Hello Goldhere,I would be interested to come out with you next time your going.I prospect every weekend and it would be great to get out into new ground and meet another fellow prospector.always happy to pass on any knowledge I have learned over the years. I live up near ballarat.Cheers

Reaper
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-09-12

Back to top Go down

Detecting partner wanted for occasional day at ultimate private property Empty Interested too

Post  holgaroo Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:01 am

I try to get up to the Dunolly area on a regular basis and would be interested too, but I have only been prospecting since July so not very experienced. However I have a GPX5000 and a SDC2300, which have found lots of small nuggets in both WA and Victoria. If there are old diggings on the property, that will be a good place to start.
holgaroo
holgaroo
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:20 am

Goldhere I live in Maryborough and if you would like I can help you out (with you) to check out your friends property and give you a hand if you wish. Please PM me if you are interested.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldhere Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:42 pm

Thankyou for replies. I appreciate the helpful atmosphere and sharing the passion not many people have. Will reply soon! kind regards

Last edited by Goldhere on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : accidentally put details)

Goldhere
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down