Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDC2300 Waterproof Capability?

+3
Jack outwest
Gaz
Barney Rubble
7 posters

Go down

SDC2300 Waterproof Capability? Empty SDC2300 Waterproof Capability?

Post  Barney Rubble Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:06 pm

If the Minelab SDC2300 shares the same housing as the Minelab F3 Compact Detector, do they have the same waterproof rating? 

Read page 4 Last paragraph (NOTE:) of F3 user Manual T36

http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/61797/F3%20Compact%20Mine%20Detector%20Operations%20Manual%204901-0103-2.pdf
Barney Rubble
Barney Rubble
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

SDC2300 Waterproof Capability? Empty Re: SDC2300 Waterproof Capability?

Post  Gaz Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:11 pm

Well I am glad I didnt buy it for that purpose then .

Gaz
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2014-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaz Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm

For once it would be nice to see some honesty from those pushing this product

Gaz
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:20 pm

The tech specs and manual of the sdc clearly state what it's operating limits are. And I have never seen it promoted as a detector for divers anyway.
It's a gold detector, that can get wet and be used under water for short periods of time ( up to 1 hour I think the manual said ).

Do you guys actually plan on detecting 3 meters deep for more then an hour? Or is this just more dribble?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:48 pm

More BS & dribble from the knockers.
V15 
Why don't ya read the SDC2300 manual. It's available on the Minelab website too - but you probably know that so why keep referring to the F3?
http://www.minelab.com/aus/detectors/products/sdc-2300?view=downloads
 V17

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaz Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:50 pm

Goldgeo wrote:
The tech specs and manual of the sdc clearly state what it's operating limits are.  And I have never seen it promoted as a detector for divers anyway.
It's a gold detector, that can get wet and be used under water for short periods of time ( up to 1 hour I think the manual said ).  

Do you guys actually plan on detecting 3 meters deep for more then an hour? Or is this just more dribble?

Shallow bedrock up to a metre but I would be forever worried about the warranty .
If I could be arsed I would dig out a few posts by some who make misleading statements about its ability in the water .
Hell I cant even be bothered typing with two fingers let alone two hands  Sleep 

Gaz
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:05 pm

Goldgeo wrote:
The tech specs and manual of the sdc clearly state what it's operating limits are.  And I have never seen it promoted as a detector for divers anyway.

Understand what your saying  Smile  forget about water then ,  the tech specs don't say it's performance depth on bad ground regarding nugget sizes .
We both know it would have been pre-tested for this information .   Wink 

Asking $4000 without full performance specifications these days is not on !    scratch 

Jack.
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney Rubble Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:12 pm

Goldgeo wrote:

I haven't read, the SDC2300 specs, so don't shoot the messenger.

Why don't they put them online, like the ones for the F3?  T13 
So people can make an informed choice?T13 

PS. I have a Fully submersible Vlf diving detector, and a Hooka diving system with 60ft of hose, so I can stay under for around 3 hours (over powered 5 HP Honda driven ).
One paid job spent a hole day doing a grid search in 16ft fresh water  with zero viz in 1.5 / 2hr blocks, due to the conditions.
All surplus dredging gear.
I have spent enough time under water smashing open cracks and crevices with a slide-hammer, when using a 4 and 6 inch (subsurface) dredge  to know where the real goodies lie. ( under Vic Minerals and Energy Licence)
So its not really suitable for something like that is it? T25
Barney Rubble
Barney Rubble
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney Rubble Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:14 pm

Burranah wrote:More BS & dribble from the knockers.
V15 
Why don't ya read the SDC2300 manual. It's available on the Minelab website too - but you probably know that so why keep referring to the F3?
http://www.minelab.com/aus/detectors/products/sdc-2300?view=downloads
 V17
Thanks rendeer

Edited Bit
The online manual doesn't mention a time limit at depth.Question 

The brochure just says fully submersible to 10ft 3m.   Question

Last edited by Barney Rubble on Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : What's there/ what's not)
Barney Rubble
Barney Rubble
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:20 pm

Better get that meter out again Burranah  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:36 pm

I'm getting a bit sick and tired of all the "TROLLING" going on on this forum of late......how bout you Mal-contents give it a rest.  Suspect 

The SDC exists, it does what it's claimed to do, it costs just shy of 4K, yes that's expensive, yes the arm rest is a bit of a pain, yes it's based on the F3 compact, no it's not the same circuit, yes it uses C cell rechargeable batteries, yes it finds fly poo nuggets easily, yes it falls over easily if you do not flatten the coil when you place it on the ground.  Lastly...... get over it, it is what it is, if you don't like it don't bladdly well buy it fool!!!!! Suspect 

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Acan Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:43 pm

Hey JP you tell em !!

Some people just want to make their life hard....Why?

Acan

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney Rubble Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:53 pm

Jonathan, play nice, are you a Salesman or a Prospector Today?
Barney Rubble
Barney Rubble
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Acan Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:10 pm

RE - Edited Bit
The online manual doesn't mention a time limit at depth.

YES it does page 653 section 12A it states -

" Depends on how long you can hold your breath "

Ha Ha Ha.

Who cares...who buys a detector to go underwater anyway.

Acan

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:28 pm

Barney Rubble wrote:Jonathan, play nice, are you a Salesman or a Prospector Today?

Well Barney'  only JP can  tell us what his association is with ML  & when that rhetoric stops .
I like the guy & remember when his first articles appeared in magazines long ago .   Smile 

Jack .
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:31 pm

Barney Trubble wrote:
Edited Bit
The online manual doesn't mention a time limit at depth. 

The brochure just says fully submersible to 10ft 3m.
Ya startin' to catch on now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kunnara Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:42 am

Jonathan Porter wrote:I'm getting a bit sick and tired of all the "TROLLING" going on on this forum of late......how bout you Mal-contents give it a rest.  Suspect 

The SDC exists, it does what it's claimed to do, it costs just shy of 4K, yes that's expensive, yes the arm rest is a bit of a pain, yes it's based on the F3 compact, no it's not the same circuit, yes it uses C cell rechargeable batteries, yes it finds fly poo nuggets easily, yes it falls over easily if you do not flatten the coil when you place it on the ground.  Lastly...... get over it, it is what it is, if you don't like it don't bladdly well buy it fool!!!!! Suspect 

JP

My thoughts as well,we all have a choice...

Kunnara
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:46 am

Jonathan Porter wrote:I'm getting a bit sick and tired of all the "TROLLING" going on on this forum of late......how bout you Mal-contents give it a rest.  Suspect 

JP

Thank God for the bozos of this world Jonathan. They continue to make us look good Razz 
If Minelab stopped making the world's best detectors they would have to whinge and complain about something else. affraid 

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney Rubble Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:51 pm

JP
Interesting Feedback.

When did I give up my right as a potential customer / consumer to Question a manufacturer about its products?

Jonathan Porter –Although your response was somewhat colorful, it deflected away from the original Question asked.

I hope your response to my question wasn’t an Official Minelab response.
Barney Rubble
Barney Rubble
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney Rubble Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:55 pm

goldnomad wrote:

JP

Thank God for the bozos of this world Jonathan. They continue to make us look good Razz 
If Minelab stopped making the world's best detectors they would have to whinge and complain about something else. affraid 

Robert
Robert, out of all of the comments I received, if I knew it would bring “a slither of joy to your lot”, I would say your comment was Deeply Hurtful. Q24
Barney Rubble
Barney Rubble
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:50 pm

Barney Rubble   Very Happy 
Your posts are fine with me mate  !

Jack
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:29 pm

Barney Rubble wrote:

JP
Interesting Feedback.

When did I give up my right as a potential customer / consumer to Question a manufacturer about its products?

Jonathan Porter –Although your response was somewhat colorful, it deflected away from the original Question asked.

I hope your response to my question wasn’t an Official Minelab response.

And why would it be an 'official Mindlab response'??  JP is not a minelab employee, I reckon you need to do a bit more homework before picking fights with 'proven' quality prospectors.  I don't know whether you dodos realize so I will let you in on a little secret, everyone in the know is laughing there arse of at you, wino, gaz and the other keyboard prospectors who are crapping on about a detector they have never used!  Laughing 
But please feel free to keep enlightening us with your vast knowledge. Sleep

Ps , don't PM me with more bullchit again either, if you have something to say, say it here

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:46 pm

Hello Mate ,

Having a few drinks tonight like me are you   Very Happy 
Go a bit easy on Barney , a top product will handle any hard comments,,,,,,,   Q22 

Jack.
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney Rubble Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:48 pm

I asked a question,  Jonathan chose to respond to it.

If had all the answers, I wouldn't have to ask any questions.

Enjoy your SDC and your new weight loss.
Barney Rubble
Barney Rubble
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Jack outwest wrote:Hello Mate ,

Having a few drinks tonight like me are you   Very Happy 
Go a bit easy on Barney , a top product will handle any hard comments,,,,,,,   Q22 

Jack.

Yeh mate,  Very Happy 
The spot where I got 26 nuggets in a 5m square area, will be getting tossed through the dry blower tomorrow. I'm sure even you can see the advantages in this, with your preferred dry prospecting method  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney Rubble Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:03 pm

I'm happy for you. Q12 
It would be a good test to see what you missed. T25
Barney Rubble
Barney Rubble
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:10 pm

Goldgeo wrote:[Yeh mate,  Very Happy 
The spot where I got 26 nuggets in a 5m square area, will be getting tossed through the dry blower tomorrow.  I'm sure even you can see the advantages in this, with your preferred dry prospecting method  Wink 

Now your talking ** ,  if the 2300 can find those  Very Happy  then my areas for dry machines ' I will have to consider one .
And you will need to get a better dry washer  ~ one of mine    Very Happy 

Regards
Jack.
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:05 am

JP

Q33 Q33 Q33 Q33 Q33 Q33 Q33 Q33 Q33 Q33 Q33 Q33 Q33 Q33 Q33 Q33

There are many experienced and knowledgeable prospectors that have lost interest in this forum for the same reasons and I don't blame them.... cheers

Back to top Go down