Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hill End panning areas

2 posters

Go down

Hill End panning areas Empty Hill End panning areas

Post  Pollywaffle Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to prospecting and panning. However, this weekend I'll be heading to Mudgee. I've convinced the girlfriend to head to Hill End for a day and pretty keen to do some panning. I have no idea where to go as I'm not familiar with the area.
Does anyone want to share some nice spots to check out? I don't mind if it's touristy. But a nice quiet spot would also be appreciated and easily accessible.

Thanks!

Pollywaffle
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-06-27

Back to top Go down

Hill End panning areas Empty Re: Hill End panning areas

Post  Tributer Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:51 pm

Hello Pollywaffle welcome to the forum.

The best spot to pan is in the creek at Tambaroora. Its 3km north of the pub on the mudgee road. You will see the lone stone chimney on your right as you come from Mudgee, that's where you can pan in Golden Gully. There is a dirt track that crosses the creek where you can park and the road goes on to an old cemetery.
The best wash material for panning is from under clayey banks on the edges of the creek, the creek bank 3 metres above where cars cross the creek is good if you dig down a foot or so with your shovel at the lowest point......or find a spot anywhere in the creek upstream for the next 3 km.

The Natural Arch is on the side of the road closer to Hill End and is well worth the 5 minute walk to it. the caves upstream of the arch were dug by the miners.

Plenty of heritage and things to see and do in HE, its a good choice of a day trip from Mudgee

Have a great trip.
cheers tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Pollywaffle Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:25 am

Sounds fantastic, mate. I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks!

Pollywaffle
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:19 pm

I think the best gold at Hill End tomorrow will be the frothy stuff in the glass and sittin infront of the fire in the Pub. Forcast is 4 Degrees tomorrow and snow on Monday Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  rendeer 

Sluicer

Back to top Go down