Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie From Karratha

Go down

Newbie From Karratha Empty Newbie From Karratha

Post  Daredevil Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:35 am

Hello I'm new to prospecting and the forum and i was hoping if you could all give some advice, what sort of metal detector do i need. i like cheap and good value for money i'm looking at spending up to $400 but it would be grate if i could find something in the $200 range, are there any good prospecting sites near karratha ? i only own a hatch back so no major of roading. is that possible ? or am i going to need a bigger set of wheels ? are there any prospecting clubs in the pilbara ? or anyone in the karratha aera that would like some company on there next weekend trip ? thank you very much for having me here look forward to becoming an active member of this comunity

Regards Keith

Daredevil
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Newbie From Karratha Empty Re: Newbie From Karratha

Post  Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:54 am

G'day Keith and welcome to the forum. First Answer is for that amount of money you would be looking at a low end detector and I am not saying that you wouldn't find gold with it, but you would be pushing your luck to the limit. Second there is a few members here that are from your area.  Very Happy 
I have never been detecting that far up in WA. So I am not sure of the road conditions and couldn't say if your vehicle is suitable. I wish you luck in what ever you decide on and again welcome to the forum.

Cheers. Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:41 am

Hi DD and welcome!
Call in and have a chat to Ray at the Karatha tyre shop. An avid prospector and your local ML dealer and prospecting equipment supplier.

Back to top Go down

Post  Daredevil Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:45 pm

thanks madtuna went and saw ray today and got an education on metal detectors, looks like im going to have to save my pennies and buy a real one if i'm serious about finding anything

Daredevil
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down