Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

old mine is now mapped and recorded :)

+4
Hawk
junkyarddog
goldenhero
Jerryx4
8 posters

Go down

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) Empty old mine is now mapped and recorded :)

Post  Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:35 pm

hi all as you may all know I go down the old dangerous mines all over Vic and I map them and take images of them here's this weeks mine I visited I will but up more images when I can get back there as when I was taking images my camera battery went dead flat grrrr but ill keep you posted and add them when I get them
 Very Happy 

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) Goldmine5_zpsf68cf763

mine map plan

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1000963_zps56222cd4

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1000961_zpsfabc8593

Back to top Go down

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) Empty Re: old mine is now mapped and recorded :)

Post  Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:37 pm

here's a direct link to the map above that got cut off for some unknown reason https://2img.net/h/i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p560/simeon44/goldmine5_zpsf68cf763.png

Back to top Go down

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) Empty Re: old mine is now mapped and recorded :)

Post  Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Good job there.
Have fun but most importantly stay SAFE.

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:05 pm

golden wrote:Good job there.
Have fun but most importantly stay SAFE.

GoldEN

yes m8 safety is my most important thing to do/have when going into the old mines

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerryx4 Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:48 am

Awesome stuff!
Jerryx4
Jerryx4
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2012-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:06 pm

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010023_zps6781a19a
another big stope

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010042_zps3b6e92a1

going back up

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010036_zps96c43fc7

big stope

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010061_zps028bcc2b
saw a frog on the way in

my m8 havening a rest

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010070_zps3c4e21d2
looking up from the tope tunnel to the shaft open to the surface

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010072_zps52431f37

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010038_zpscb6c3fc6
hand for scale

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:07 pm

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010095_zps03f8c7d5

bottum tunnel part of the mine

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010117_zps11d34904

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010100_zps4f513276
on the bottum theres 2 ore shoots

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010104_zpsc6d759c0

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010106_zpsccc625b6

ore shoot

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010092_zpsae45d959
old gold cart berryed in the mine heap

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010087_zps000d4038
where the old crusher use to be it was big

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010079_zpsaf498647
the shaft in the bottum left corner was used to pump water out of that and into the dam when the dam dryed up

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010120_zps7bd64f55

some wild life

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010133_zps02f0311a
a copper botton i found while detecting yes got my new garret at gold just a few days ago really happy with it

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenhero Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:39 pm

Cool photo's g f , looks like my kind of adventure , stay safe .. cheers Mick

goldenhero
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerryx4 Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:12 pm

So bloody cool!
I would love to go down a tunnel sum time.... prolly freak out lol might try the bendigo guided tour first haha
Keep the pics coming! How in hell did they dig such things with old tools awe inspiring!
Jerryx4
Jerryx4
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:17 pm

yes I would advise that first Smile

Back to top Go down

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) Empty old abandoned gold mines

Post  junkyarddog Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi there , I know of a few old mines in my local area , if you would like to explore them contact me on 0408517930 , regards , Andy.

junkyarddog
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawk Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:36 am

Fantastic photos,thanks for putting them up.It brings home how hard the early miners had it and the risks they took.
I hope you continue your hoby safely as the mines look very dangerious to me.

Hawk
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:24 pm

junkyarddog wrote:Hi there , I know of a few old mines in my local area , if you would like to explore them contact me on 0408517930 , regards , Andy.

arm there is a personal message bottom or email instead of having your phone number on the net for all to see ill give you a text tomorrow m8

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:28 pm

Hawk wrote:Fantastic photos,thanks for putting them up.It brings home how hard the early miners had it and the risks they took.
I hope you continue your hoby safely as the mines look very dangerious to me.

yeah those miners really did it tough

Back to top Go down

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) Empty GREAT PHOTO'S

Post  Dutchy Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:13 pm

YOU ARE A BRAVE MAN TO GO IN MINES LIKE THAT.
I LIKE TO LOOK AT THEM FROM A SAFE DISTANCE.
THE PHOTOS ARE BRILLIANT,
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
CHEERS

Dutchy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2013-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:34 pm

thanks  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:10 am

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010431_zpsb4df469b
same mine just got some picks of the deeper levels of the mine

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010423_zps5ad16e7c
there shod be a windlass here but may of been taken away when the mine closed this is also the 50m water shaft after going 60ms down already

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010424_zps1a63767a

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010420_zpsa93d9a4b

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010443_zps42995f09

just gives you an idea of how big it is

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) P1010436_zps0200efb3
me next to water shaft for scale

Last edited by The Hard Rock Miner on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:13 am

the images are much bigger but all of them some how shrunk  Suspect 

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerryx4 Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:58 am

Wow that's AWESOME
Jerryx4
Jerryx4
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

old mine is now mapped and recorded :) Empty re old mine now maped and recorded

Post  regamald Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:18 pm

Hi mate good to see your still doin ya thing tops amazing what the old timers got up to hey it as good as a 38grm bend in a creek i herd was told about recently lol
regamald
regamald
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2013-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:57 pm

yeah i might still go detecting and exploreing the old mines but im slowly geting back into the gems cos i haven't been looking for the gems in 2 years and im starting to get the gem feaver back. gold will change people and offen break friends appart for ever

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:17 am

here's a video of the upper levels of the mine that I made my self use my map at the top for a reference so you know where abouts the old ladders stopes etc are in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=333qsWJ5hK4

Last edited by The Hard Rock Miner on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:36 am

Hi Simeon
I can't see the video  Crying or Very sad 
Unless you haven't put it up yet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:37 am

The Hard Rock Miner wrote:here's a video of the upper levels of the mine that I made my self use my map at the top for a reference so you know where abouts the old ladders stopes etc are in the video

Hi GF, where's the link bro? scratch 

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:21 am

here ya go sorry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=333qsWJ5hK4

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:09 am

Thanks HRM for posting that and letting us experience what it's like down there in those mines. Me being a little bit "plumpish" and together with my somewhat paranoia of being wedged into a tight spot, I would probably never experience that first hand but watching your vid was probably as close to the experience that I will ever get, so thanks once again.

....and of course, always be careful down there, some of those old timbers sure looked like they has seen much better days.
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:41 pm

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid  Sweet Farkin Jaysus!!! having long known that I was somewhat claustrophobic I recently at Xmas time while on a holiday in WA took a look into a cave system at Yallingup, BIG MISTAKE!!!! after an hour or so in the cave it was fair to say that I have established conclusively my claustrophobia is real! and as long as my ass points to the ground I shall NEVER! repeat that venture, how you bring yourself to go into that hell below I will never understand  No , if it were me there would have been clear signs of retreat and severe staining of the walls and floor at about the 30 second mark, I can only admire your adventures from afar as I will never experience them first hand, take care and be safe. Wink 

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Digginerup wrote:affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid  Sweet Farkin Jaysus!!! having long known that I was somewhat claustrophobic I recently at Xmas time while on a holiday in WA took a look into a cave system at Yallingup, BIG MISTAKE!!!! after an hour or so in the cave it was fair to say that I have established conclusively my claustrophobia is real! and as long as my ass points to the ground I shall NEVER! repeat that venture, how you bring yourself to go into that hell below I will never understand  No , if it were me there would have been clear signs of retreat and severe staining of the walls and floor at about the 30 second mark, I can only admire your adventures from afar as I will never experience them first hand, take care and be safe. Wink 

Wayne. cheers

yeah its pretty amazing lol im still here not down a mine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 am

Hi HRM,
I just have to say thanks for sharing your experience of going into those Spooky mines.
It's amazing what/how the old timers dug these tunnels, just Amazing!

I have been in a couple of mines about 27 years ago, weren't as bad as that one  affraid 
I wouldn't do it now, just a big chicken at my age, I also Suffer from claustrophobia..

You make sure that you take care when doing what you seem to LOVE to do
As it's a lonnngggg wayyyy down some of those deep shafts!!  V12 

So take care and stay safe

Back to top Go down