Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PM Coils used with Minelab

5 posters

Go down

PM Coils used with Minelab Empty PM Coils used with Minelab

Post  NF Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:07 am

Has anyone had any experance with the PM coils on the Minelab GPX machines, Cheers.
NF
NF
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-10-21

Back to top Go down

PM Coils used with Minelab Empty Re: PM Coils used with Minelab

Post  littleazza1979 Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:22 pm

Not yet but I'll have one soon I just got a 18" mono off eBay can't wait to see how it goes with the 5000

littleazza1979
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  ROCKDOC69 Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:04 pm

See the post on 18" Tarantula
ROCKDOC69
ROCKDOC69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2011-04-21

http://www.russellhalden.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  dragomeir Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:26 pm

I own the 18x14 PM scarab.. Nice coil good sensitivity for its size.. really good depth, doesn't really compare to something like a nugget finder 17x11...
Also own the 12x4... sensitivity is fine, depth is seriously lacking. it works.

Honestly, not worth the money, ugly misshapen designs, and average performance.. not worth the $.. stick with NF, Coiltek, commander..

dragomeir
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

PM Coils used with Minelab Empty PM Tarantula 18R Multifield (IDL) on GPX4500

Post  goldfinder Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:15 am

Just got back from Sandstone WA and bought a PM Tarantula 18R multifield coil consisting of both a 7'' inner coil and 18'' outer coil prior to heading over. At first I had some threshold warbles but changing motion to very slow produced a very stable threshold sound. Within the first 10mins of use I had a target in a well detected trashy area that sounded better than the surrounding tin cans. See the YouTube vid of the recovery. The coil did impress me with good depth, stable threshold with some tweaking and good sensitivity to small targets with targets well under a gram found which would not be the case with a 18''normal coil. It is a compromise and probably will not replace a true 18'' and 7'' for small sensitivity but I was happy with the performance especially with my first target being a little deeper at 300mm. Overall a compromise but I certainly would not of heard smaller sub grammers with only an 18''er. Happy with the product and very sturdy well made. For the bad. The coil did fail after about a week of use. Has been returned for warranty repair/replacement. If the warranty cover turns out to be all good I would still purchase again from PM.

goldfinder
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Back to top Go down