Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plastic Miners Rights

4 posters

Go down

Plastic Miners Rights Empty Plastic Miners Rights

Post  Nightjar Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:04 pm

Jamie from Prospectors Patch sent me a link to enable Miners Right holders to get a plastic MR card so you can keep your original in a safe place.
White $10.00
Gold & Black $12.00
Have always been concerned our originals would get damaged while out and about even though they have been plasticised.

http://www.miners-right-cards.com.au/?utm_source=MailingList&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Miners+Right+Card

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Plastic Miners Rights Empty Re: Plastic Miners Rights

Post  Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Thank you for posting that up Nightjar.

I am going to get one of those, it's a great idea.. Even though I laminate the ones we have they are still to large to just put in your pocket or wallet, or purse.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:16 pm

Thanks Peter just filled out the forms and sent off. Very Happy  Very good idea.

Cheers.

Mike. cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:47 pm

Hi All,

Seems like you can get anything printed these days, are these legal or are we wasting our dough

Ron

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:01 am

G'day Ron,

I carry a photo copy of my original miners right as i don't want the original one to get damaged... So I don't think there would be a drama with the card as all the correct info will be on it... IMHO

Cheers.

Mike. cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:40 am

I have a hard copy with my detecting gear and a scanned piccy of my signed miners right on my phone..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:00 am

Has this been ok' ed by the Mines dept?  I haven't seen any of this in the PMAV posts ?  As far as I was told by the mines inspector was that " yes it's a piece of paper BUT only the origional is accepted as legal in the field" 
Maybe they have moved on from this stance ? I would get one if they have and in all fairness for the money spent on a Miners Right the Dept.should be issuing the M/R like this any way !

Back to top Go down

Post  OldMogo Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:17 am

I too ask that question Ark.

As with fishing licenses, miners rights should have changed to a plastic card years ago. Paper document is archaic.

It looks to be a private enterprise cashing in on the current rush. There is no mention on the website about them being a legal substitute and in their FAQ it sort of says this.

FAQ
Are these plastic cards legal?
They are not replacements for an official Miner’s Right which must be bought and held in accordance with the prospecting and fossicking regulations in the area in which you propose to operate. The cards are simply a way of carrying all of the information in a more convenient form than a delicate piece of paper. They have not been issued or authorised by any government department and are not an exact copy of the original Miner’s Right. You should guard and keep your Miner’s Right Card with the same security as your credit cards, driving licence and other ID cards.

So I would save your money.

Also consider this.....It is yet another business or individual who will have all your private information, Suspect  affraid affraid affraid

OldMogo
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:43 am

We have been told that never to hand our original W.A. miners right over, to just anyone, cause that "anyone"
Has been know to rip them up, only to hand over a copy so that if it was ripped up we still have the original..
Can't see this being any different to carrying the copy around, except its a lot smaller and more convenient.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:23 pm

As OldMogo has pointed out by submitting the sites FAQ's.
You will still need to bring your original along with you but you can lock it up in your van, vehicle or where ever with all your other transit valuables.
If you were ever challenged by the DMP, police or company officials you could produce the original to prove you are who you say you are.
Once again it is individual choice, have opted to purchase two for myself and partner.
Will point out, am not associated with this promotion, purely a customer.

Cheers
Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:45 pm

I've seen ppl reduce the Vic M/R way down and laminate it ! But keep the origional in the car or caravan as you say .
 I would never let my M/R be handled by anyone but the mines warden or mines inspector ! Other officials have asked if I have one ,out in the field, and have been told " yes I have" but I may show it to a Parks Ranger or DPI or Police officer but it depends on their attitude towards me ! " I'm a mirror to your attitude " the last time I checked these people cannot demand to see it !

Last edited by Ark on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add info)

Back to top Go down

Post  Detectist Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:41 pm

This sounds attractive and a plastic card has advantages. As an ex-public servant I wondered about the legalities too particularly use of the Coat of Arms. Normally those things are kept tight to "official" documents. Anyway, hopefully the company managing the good idea has sussed all that out.
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Plastic Miners Rights Empty RE: Plastic Miners Rights

Post  Goldnuggetexchange Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:05 pm

Good afternoon everyone, I have been following this dialogue with interest as I am one of the guys that started the Miners Right Card. My name is Matt and I am a full time prospector in Western Australia. We were sitting around the campfire the other week after dinner having a beer and found ourselves talking about how delicate miners rights were here in the West. One thing let to another and here I am talking to you about what we think is a really good idea.
We have been getting hammered a fair bit so I thought I would join your forum so you can ask me directly. If you would like to phone me please PM me and I will give you my number. The main concerns seem to be the Western Australian coat of arms and the format of a card being able to be used.
The coat of arms may or may not stay. The thing is we are only reproducing a Government form not using it on a unique document that we have designed. It is a grey area but DMP have had a look at our web page and nothing has been said to date.  We are not anticipating any problems.
According to the Act the Miners Right should be in a proscribed  format. ( and off hand I think it is section 60 ) Then there is nothing in the act to say what that proscribed format is.
We are saying that the Miners Right Card is in the proscribed format according to the Act. At the end of the day it is a few dollars for something that is pretty cool and does the job.... let me know your thoughts..... I like your forum
Goldnuggetexchange
Goldnuggetexchange
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-11-24

http://www.miners-right-cards.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:55 pm

G'day Matt and welcome to the forum... I think this is a great idea and because the WA MR is a life time one it will help to preserve it (original MR)... I know you still need to have the original one at hand, which will be kept in a safe place as Peter (Nightjar) has stated above... Thanks and again Q31  to the forum.

Cheers.

Mike. cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:36 pm

Hi Matt ! I think it's a great idea but as you have stated it hasent been given the nod in WA And I suppose that goes for the other states ?  Vic has a miners right  but NSW dosent ! But they have state forest permits ! And what's the go in Queensland and South Australia and Tassie ? Do you not think it would have been a good idea to have waited and gotten the state depts right behind you?  If your idea gets the knock back it could be perseived that you have taken money under false pretences.

Back to top Go down

Plastic Miners Rights Empty RE: Plastic Miners Rights

Post  Goldnuggetexchange Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:30 pm

Hi Arc,
mate we have a few things in place that should put us in good stead with the various state Dep of Mines. I cant tell you about them just at the moment but all things should be sorted at the end of the day. We will try and begin discussions with them in the new year. We know not all states issue miners rights. We will not be offering anything for these states and territories.
Arc if you or anyone else don't feel comfortable risking your twelve dollars please keep using your paper. My first miners right was purchased in the late 70's for fifty cents. It was for life. I had it on me for a while until it started falling to bits then put it in a photo album. I purchased another with the changing of the act here in the west for ten dollars for life, it is sitting next to my first one in the photo album. My Miners Right Card is in my wallet and will never see the inside of a photo album. Primarily we are the same as you guys here, we are prospectors sharing a good idea.
Goldnuggetexchange
Goldnuggetexchange
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:58 pm

We just had our paper ones laminated, which we did ourselfs and should last for life now as well, sure they wont fit in ya wallet but so long as you can produce it when asked is all that matters.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:03 pm

Wonder how this "Old Timer" looked after his Miners Right?
Bought it off eBay years ago and had forgotten I had it.

Plastic Miners Rights Img089

Reverse side, check the size of the plot of land he could legally prospect.

Plastic Miners Rights Img088

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:08 pm

Goldnuggetexchange wrote:Hi Arc,
mate we have a few things in place that should put us in good stead with the various state Dep of Mines. I cant tell you about them just at the moment but all things should be sorted at the end of the day. We will try and begin discussions with them in the new year. We know not all states issue miners rights. We will not be offering anything for these states and territories.
Arc if you or anyone else don't feel comfortable risking your twelve dollars please keep using your paper. My first miners right was purchased in the late 70's for fifty cents. It was for life. I had it on me for a while until it started falling to bits then put it in a photo album. I purchased another with the changing of the act here in the west for ten dollars for life, it is sitting next to my first one in the photo album. My Miners Right Card is in my wallet and will never see the inside of a photo album. Primarily we are the same as you guys here, we are prospectors sharing a good idea.

Matt I will take your advise and keep using my paper M/R but that decision has nothing to do with the twelve dollars as you put it! It has everything to do with as I said you waiting for DPI approval so that IF you don't get approval I won't have purchased something that is " not fit for purpose" 
I thank you for your reply and look forward to the moment " at the end of the day" when you can give a link in here to verify that the piece of plastic which you are selling is approved ! 
All the best with your enterprise! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Plastic Miners Rights Empty RE: Plastic Miners Rights.

Post  Goldnuggetexchange Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Hey Ark,
thanks for you best wishes mate. Hope to see you in the bush one day.
Matt
Goldnuggetexchange
Goldnuggetexchange
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Detectist Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:50 pm

Hi Matt

I wish you well on this endeavour. A plastic card is so simple and should have been in place already. I had no intention of "hammering" you guys for showing a bit of well intentioned initiative and a good common sense idea! I was expressing caution (typical of a public servant hey Smile  ).

Again, speaking an ex public servant normally a "prescribed form" would be in a format that the relevant authority designs and gains ministerial or other approval for. I'm a bit surprised that the department did not comment on your idea (and particularly about the use of the coat of arms). If you were just copying a person's miner's right onto plastic that may be another matter - and then subject to people's concerns about parting with their originals. In the end, I suppose, an inspector could just ask for the original if they are unhappy with the card so it is no skin off their backs in any event.

Good luck!
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:43 am

Ours arrived, very professional job. Very Happy 

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldnuggetexchange Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:53 pm

Hi Nightjar,
I am glad you liked the way we put it together. If anyone would like to email me feedback, positive or otherwise my email is goldnuggetexchange@yahoo.com.au
Thanks a million
Matt
Goldnuggetexchange
Goldnuggetexchange
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:03 am

Hi goldnuggetexchange

I recieved my card today, ( could have been at the post office yesterday didn't check)
Looks good, fits nicely with all my other cards... like Nightjar wrote, very professional job.
I know it's not the original one, but I will keep the original piece of paper close by and in a safe place.
So I just want to say...Thankyou Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:20 am

Yes they were waiting in the Post Office and very professional job too. Thanks Matt.

Cheers.

Mike. cheers 

Back to top Go down