Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello everyone

2 posters

Go down

Hello everyone Empty Hello everyone

Post  Mobileaction Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm

I am fairly new to prospecting and got interested after a trip last year to Mali on a gold hunt. There is plenty of gold there but its a challenge to find the right people to work with. Africans have their own ways and means! Anyway one of the senators I met has two mines that are undeveloped, about 70 sq miles each and he wanted me to get a few Minelab 5000's. I bought one and a 4000 and so I decided to lean everything I could in our own backyard. So to speak. I found a small 0.7gm nugget on a friends place near Mudgee on my first go. Happy about that. The girls were getting very bored until then! Two weekends ago I ventured to Upper Turon from Sofala but only got wire and nails!

Anyway I would appreciate any advice anyone can offer. I would love to tag along with people who know what they are doing! I am off to Perthville near Bathurst tomorrow to save a clients property (I work in finance) and I will try and get back out to Mudgee if I have time. I was using a DD the first time and have been advised to stick with mono and I now have two good picks with magnets to help tackle the rusty wire & nail insidious infiltrators to my fun!

Cheers

Rory

Mobileaction
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-10-31

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone Empty Re: Hello everyone

Post  getascripter Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:53 pm

Hey Rory ... nice ta meet you! Very Happy 

I think you got the right advice about sticking with the monos for your 5000 ... not that I own one myself, but there are quite a lot of Members here who are well versed in the 5000's! And lots of those guys will certainly help with questions etc.

Hunt through the "General" topics ... there's heaps of information there! Or use the "Search" box in the top R corner of the page ... it's a great way to get a listing of the conversations specific to your questions.

I wish you all the very best of luck, and hope you get lots of those beautiful golden rocks in your collection!! Very Happy 
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone Empty Thanks Kate

Post  Mobileaction Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:10 pm

I will try my best and hopefully return with a few tales of my own

Mobileaction
New Poster