Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hi from WA

2 posters

Go down

hi from WA Empty hi from WA

Post  zees12 Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:44 am

Hi i joined up to share my experiences ,swap stories and share ect  as all of us do.

I am from Kalgoorlie ,have been detecting on and off for 5 years now...i don't include the years i ran around with a Garret A2b groundhog ,as i call that something else ...

Nice to join up ,i have found around probably 20 ounces to date ,largest piece was 120 grammer at 2 feet *(measured ) lol with a tape measure haha ,iv'e heard a lot of stories of finds at 3 plus feet with an 14 mono in the same areas which i find hard to believe .so that is why i mention depths in that case as measured ....I am no expert though ,it could be true ,i never discount this entirely.
So ,i use a GPX4500 with a coil tech 18.5 usually .At 2 feet that is the deepest i have found anything .
so Hi ....

zees

zees12
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-10-12

Back to top Go down

hi from WA Empty Re: hi from WA

Post  Guest Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi Zees12,
Welcome to the forum.

Its good to have another experienced member cheers 

There are some who have a very good hearing and some good settings so i am sure they get some nuggets deeper then 2 feet.
(and much bigger in size).
Looking forward for some stories and photos.

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  zees12 Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:35 pm

thanks Golden...

i have a few stories to tell , as i fall into a topic that reminds me of a few i will put them in...
My settings are pretty standardized , maybe a tweak of gain ,but generally the word of the day for the ground i go on is ENHANCE ...can get noisy as hell down this way .
I should really explore other settings more often like Sen Smooth ect ...if anyone has iput on settings in what i would call probably salt-ish noise ,but not visible salt as in a salt lake ,i am interested .
I have had my detector looked over by Ismael in Perth ,he did a re-mod for me ,so i guess he is around here somewhere ..

zees12
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:41 am

Welcome! Hey what's a re-mod? Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  zees12 Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:14 am

it's a mod to a mod ...
a re mod because there was a mod done and we decided to change it ..

zees12
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:07 am

How do you find the mod working, does it give you a bit more dynamic range to dial in the gain? I take it from your earlier comment its gain related. I have heard it said that sensitive smooth doesn't punch as deep (60%? of the full timing) and has more holes in the timing for certain size, shape and position of some nuggets?. A bigger coil and round one can also settle ground noise down abit. Maybe whack up a post telling people what you use, where and what size and depth targets you normally find? How deep is the cap rock and are them 3fters under the CR?  There's some champion fellas on here who share their hard won knowledge so.....

Cheers

Back to top Go down

hi from WA Empty hi

Post  nuget21 Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:21 am

its good to see a few more wa locals getting on here
welcome Very Happy Very Happy 
nuget21
nuget21
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  zees12 Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:09 pm

HI Waveform

The mod is a very basic mod ,i forget the parts name that was changed to increase sensitivity ,also ground noisy by a fraction .
I am not the one to ask about settings lol...i usually am typically an enhance timing operator as it seems to meet the speed of my coil most times ,and keep it quiet ect .
in the past i have used a moderately fast search speed when swinging ,but also moderately slow at times.
I am hoping to use my skills in patience a little more to slow right down and listen to those faint signals deep down hence why i am choosing new settings and asking advice around the place.
At the moment i have a range of coils ,currently as of yesterday i am using a 16 inch round, i like it and it is what i found ,most my gold with as depths down to 2 feet is my record, as for the 3ftters i wonder of the stories have been stretched a bit ..

Hi to nuget21 cheers mate

zees12
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum