Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nugget Finder coil with GPX5000

3 posters

Go down

Nugget Finder coil with GPX5000 Empty Nugget Finder coil with GPX5000

Post  johnf Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi,   could any member tell me if a 16'' nugget finder WHITE coloured coil [earlier model---not the Advantage series] spoked mono round, would work ok with a GPX5000. The connector will match up to the control box. Also, is a non-metalic shaft nescessary? Thanks in advance, john

johnf
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Nugget Finder coil with GPX5000 Empty Re: Nugget Finder coil with GPX5000

Post  deutran Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi John
The earlier spoked coils are fine to use and work well on the 5000.You can't use a metallic shaft as it will signal with any movement between the coil and shaft.
Regards Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Nugget Finder coil with GPX5000 Empty Re: Nugget Finder coil with GPX5000

Post  dryblower Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:35 am

Hi johnf
Deutran is correct , my 16NF round white coil is ok on my 5000 , the standard lower coil stem is (and has to be ) non metalic , but the standard upper controll box shaft is alloy which is ok , I have changed mine to carbon fibre for the larger coils , but for the 16" I wouldnt bother , just adjust the  lower stem as far out as you can to maximise distance from the alloy upper, or preferably get a longer  Otto lower coil stem . ( a hipstick will reduce fatigue swinging it ! )
DB

dryblower
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-12-25

Back to top Go down

Nugget Finder coil with GPX5000 Empty Nugget Finder coil with GPX5000

Post  johnf Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi Steve and DB, that was the exact info I needed, thanks. Now i can buy it and know it won,t just be another part of the collection of bits and pieces in the cupboard! Also i did,nt realise the lower shaft was non-metal. cheers,john

johnf
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down