Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just how good are the Minelab 15x12 elept Mono's

5 posters

Go down

Just how good are the Minelab 15x12 elept Mono's Empty Just how good are the Minelab 15x12 elept Mono's

Post  Harb Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:00 pm

Given they are bringing so much on Ebay at the moment, just how good are they ?
How would you rate them against a 14" elept Nuggetfinder ?

Why are these coils worth near as much as gold at the moment ?
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Just how good are the Minelab 15x12 elept Mono's Empty Re: Just how good are the Minelab 15x12 elept Mono's

Post  Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:10 pm

a good coil, cant tell you the difference between it and the 14" eliptical though as I've never compared the two.
Probably not a great deal of difference really.

Some fellow in Sudan obviously found a sizable rock or two with a 15" x 12" and word got around that it's the must have coil....hence the prices

Back to top Go down

Just how good are the Minelab 15x12 elept Mono's Empty How good are they

Post  jmp333 Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:37 pm

From my observations detailed in another post the Sudanese cannot get enough of them, so I would agree that that is were they are headed.Saw one guy buy about ten at the one time, all that the shop had.The shop employee then ordered 20 more from the manufacturer in front of the customer and told him to give it a week. Just how good are the Minelab 15x12 elept Mono's Icon_biggrin

jmp333
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Just how good are the Minelab 15x12 elept Mono's Empty Re: Just how good are the Minelab 15x12 elept Mono's

Post  kon61 Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:36 pm

G'day Harb;

Both on the GPX 4000 & 4500,i have found that, the 14" elliptical Nugget Finder[Advantage] runs a little quieter,and is slightly better on depth,on the 0.1gm&.2gm bits,also giving a slightly sharper signal than the 15x12"Commander mono.The Commander takes over in depth,on gold slugs around the 5gm mark and above.
As to why they're worth their weight in gold at the moment, as Madtuna stated,somebody must have found some descent slug or patch with one of them coils,word got around and it turned into a must have coil.Just wait till someone figures out what the larger 18" coils can do on depth on some of the bigger slugs,or as a patch finding coil, a new rush will be on again.
They wont go for other brands at the moment,because they believe that these Commanders are the only coils specifically made for the Mine Lab machines & aren't missing the guts out of them.

Cheers kon61
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  sudanese Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:07 am

Hi, this is my first time, sorry guys my English is limited, but i will try to deliver my ideas to you in the best way possible, i am from Sudan in fact i am from the very area which the search for gold is going on, i know so many people do this new job which improved thier lives, i follow the news every day, my friend there keeping me updated about whats going on in the desert, about the 15x12 mono coil, people there got crazy about them because as some one mentioned( large size nuggets has been found by this particular coil ) and then the word spread, the coil reach around 8,000 US, but now the prize dropped to 3-4,000 and still dropping, the reason for that is the market now is full of FAKE products from CHINA (GPX4500, Coiltek, Commander Coil,....etc), some people there canot distinguish between the GPX4500 and other metal detectors, the criminal took full advantage of this fact, and they making lots of money.
Note: Prospecting and search for gold is illegal in Sudan except for those who have got permission (which is almost impossible for the ordinary citizen to obtain) because wide spread corruption .
If you got caught then your equipment will be gone, and the police will make money out of it by sale it in the Black market.

will come to Africa

sudanese
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Hello sudanese,

You may want to spread the word that the coils are only made in australia.... i noticed coils in USA were selling for higher prices than here, silly because they may be fakes.

I believe the "genuine" coils are only being sold through recognized australian minelab dealers that can be found on their website http://www.minelab.com/aus/consumer/where-to-buy

Not all dealers sell all brands of coils, but for a genuine coil of any of the 3 brands (Minelab, Coiltek or Nugget Finder), it must be bought through an australian minelab dealer only.

The australian dealers will not purchase coils from anyone else, only the legitimate manufacturer.

It is the same with all accesories for the GPX4500, only buy from an australian minelab dealer- all available on their website.

good luck, and avoid the police....
Ferris.

Back to top Go down

Just how good are the Minelab 15x12 elept Mono's Empty 15x12 commander

Post  sudanese Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:17 am

Hi, thank you for replying to my participation, i would like to let you know that i am already told the guys there the information that you want me to spread, the problem is people who searching for gold are totally new to this kind of (job), so its easy to (fool)them, i remember the first time when i told my friend that the GPX4500 is made in Australia not in the USA as most of the prospectors believe, today i spoke with a relative over the phone, he wanted to buy the commander 15x12, i told hem never buy from Sudan because of the high risk of buying fake Chinese one, i promise him to buy a genuine coil and deliver it to him as soon as i can.
There is a dealer in the USA (Kellyco)selling the commander 15x12 mono for 1600 dollars,and the commander 15x12 DD 600 dollars, i talked to them over the phone by my self, i believe they are a genuine dealer for the Minelab, or correct me if i am wrong.

Best regards
Sudanese

sudanese
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Just how good are the Minelab 15x12 elept Mono's Empty 15x12 Commander How good are they?

Post  evan2010 Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:07 pm

Hello Sudanese, Get in touch with an Australian Minelab Dealer, Why? Because they sell both Mono's and DD's for under $400 Telling you this will probly P**S off the guys that are trying to flog em at Hi prices on Ebay etc but I dont care Best of luck to ya
evan2010
evan2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:25 pm

G'day Sudanese.

As i wrote and explained in a previous post,i just cant see the logic in paying so much money for a 15x12 inch minelab mono coil when there are other coils on the market that will do much the same job if not better.What is it about the 15x12 mono or DD that you guys are hooked on.You talk of desert flat plains prospecting.I myself would not swing anything under 18 inches round or elliptical in shape for that matter,especially when ground coverage is concerned.The larger coils not only go deeper on bigger slugs of gold,but offer almost the same sensitivity as that of the 15x12s for the smaller stuff as well and run just as smooth.Here's an example; compare the 11inch round commander to the 15x12,you'll find very little difference between them,apart from the12x15 having a little better ground coverage and depth (say about 5% better on larger slugs) at the cost of extra weight, in which the 11 inch makes up for it in sensitivity for the much smaller specs, is lighter in weight,and at the moment costs a hell of a lot less.Hec,the Coiltec 18x12 or the Nugget Finder 17x11 are not only lighter but do exactly the same job,if not even better in finding gold nuggets than that of the Commander 12x15.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  sudanese Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:59 am

Hi, for all, as i said before people there are totally new to this new (adventure), so its going to take some time until the guys there figure out what is the best for the job, basically the area which they search for gold on it is vast flat desert with fewer mountains and hills, the latest news is they now use a kind of heavy machine to dig the soil (Tractors, caterpillar..etc), and believe it or not its work and some lucky guys got large amount of gold(around 30-40Kg), as i said its a flat sandy desert, so no problem of digging for humans and machines, the major problem they face those days is the summer (+ 45c with fire wind ) , GPX4500 does not work well in this kind of unbelievable hell , cars also breaks down easy.

Cheers for all

Sudanese

sudanese
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:00 pm

G'day Sudanese.

What?,Did you say 30 to 40 kgs of gold. Hang on a sec,I've gone dizzy. Right,for that much gold i'de hire a large water tanker,300 meters of long water hose,connected to a shower sprinkler,which is connected to the underside of a beach umbrella,which in turn is connected permanently to my back harness.That should keep the overall temperature just about right,while i prospect.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:06 am

Hi Sudanese,

It seems there a few registered international distributors for coiltek.

http://www.coiltekmanufacturing.com.au/international-dist.html

Back to top Go down