Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batteries for a 3500

3 posters

Go down

Batteries for a 3500 Empty Batteries for a 3500

Post  Newhunter Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:57 pm

Hi all Would like some feedback on different types of batteries for my 3500.
Which would be the best and most reliable the coiltek light weight type or the Reeds luckylark and / or is there any other that might be as good.
I need to buy one before l go to WA in 6 weeks time.
Thanks Gary.

Newhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Batteries for a 3500 Empty Re: Batteries for a 3500

Post  MS Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:30 pm

Hi Gary
I don't know about the reids but I have been using the coiltek pocket rocket for over a year now and they work well.
Comes with two batteries and each last for about 5 hrs depending on what coil size you use.
Gives full power right up to end of charge and is very lightweight.
The first charger I got with the unit was not upto scratch and failled , but Coiltec replaced it with a quality charger at no charge as soon as they found out there was a problem.
Cheers Mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Batteries for a 3500 Empty Re: Batteries for a 3500

Post  kon61 Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:18 pm

G'day Gary;

Both the Coiltek Pocket Rocket,and the Lucky Lark by Reeds.are excellent alternative Li Ion battery systems.
The price difference is minimal.But if you intend prospecting continuously for more than 7hrs at a time go for the larger model reeds[14hrs before recharging]+comes with built in amplifier,[so no external enhancer required to boost your sound volume]+fits comfortably in normal belt battery pouch,and is less than 800gms in weight. On the other hand,Coiltek offers a second 7.5a/hr battery for the pocket rocket,if you require it, and the whole unit weighs less than 500gms.Also if your after an alternative to the above 2,which works just as good,but costs half as much see Link technologies in Frankston Vic and ask for Woody.
Cheers kon61
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down