Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to extract very fine powder gold out of black rock

4 posters

Go down

How to extract very fine powder gold out of black rock Empty How to extract very fine powder gold out of black rock

Post  pedro Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:26 pm

I have several rocks that have very fine powder gold in them what is the best way to extract out the gold as I have crushed one up and placed powdered rock in a pan but it is so fine how do I separate it from the black host rock powder as it is very very fine:bounce: 
pedro
pedro
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-04-28

Back to top Go down

How to extract very fine powder gold out of black rock Empty Re: How to extract very fine powder gold out of black rock

Post  Gold Dreamer Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:00 pm

This is a very inexperienced opinion, but I would either let the black send be eaten way by HC acid (brick acid), and pan the remnants.
or use mercury to create an amalgam with gold and put that through a retort. But this is book knowledge, there are a lot of safety issues with both methods I think...
Gold Dreamer
Gold Dreamer
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-05-04

Back to top Go down

How to extract very fine powder gold out of black rock Empty Re: How to extract very fine powder gold out of black rock

Post  CrazyPete Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:00 pm

Gold Dreamer wrote:
or use mercury to create an amalgam with gold and put that through a retort.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Cool  Or use a big spud, cut in hlf and scoop out a hollow to fit ya amalgam ball, wrap in foil ten times and burn the crap outta it in the fire coals..... Gold button ready for sale.

J
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Innerpower Sun May 11, 2014 9:06 pm

just use the blue bowl Wink

Innerpower

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-04-27

Back to top Go down