Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello all!!

3 posters

Go down

Hello all!! Empty Hello all!!

Post  Rodstar Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:20 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Rod and im new to prospecting. i have read lots of your blogs and they are great.
I live in Townsville and this is my plan to find gold. I just purchased a second hand GP3500, I will be camping out at Ravenswood (which is only and hour away) each weekend i can and will investigate the area with the metal detector where the old timers found gold and surrounding areas, pretty sure thats going to keep me busy whilst i gather experience and knowledge. i also plan to join the detector club too and go on some outings. Also i would like to pan the fresh water creeks in my area and use a sluice.
I would love to be compentent enough to quit my job and take my girl friend on the road and leave society behind...... guess thats a few years away though :/ til then its back to the grind....
oh and when i find my first nugget i will be sure to let you all know Smile
Rodstar
Rodstar
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-04-24

Back to top Go down

Hello all!! Empty Re: Hello all!!

Post  Digginerup Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Hi Rod, Sounds like a plan...Smile  I believe there are some very good areas around Ravenswood for a metal detector to have a swing,access to private land is most folks major issue so if you have that you are well on your way, I am a member of the Townsville metal Detecting Club and have found it to be a motivated well run friendly club with a good mix of knowledgeable characters and a fairly active field trip calender with trips most months, I have found it to be a valuable tool on the steep learning curve of prospecting as well as having met some good people with a common interest, I would recommend you consider going along to a meeting or two and judge for yourself, there is no obligation to join and you may do so if and when you choose, http://www.townsvillemetaldetectingclub.com.au/ will get you some information or PM me if you have any specific questions I can help with. Good luck out there.Wink
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodstar Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:25 pm

yep will be at the next meet so i might see you there, would also like to meet some locals here and go out and swing the MD around with once im a bit more experienced.
Rodstar
Rodstar
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi Rod
Welcome to the forum, always good to hear another Townsville local has developed gold fever, like Digginerup said the club is great I have been a member since 08 good bunch of people, lots of knowledge you just need to ask the right questions (don't ask where they find the gold) this sorta puts people off straight up, I detect pan & sluice so any ??? fire away.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodstar Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:35 am

thanks for the welcome Smile
I will be going out to Ravenswood this sunday, its my first trip. last weekend i mucked around with my MD (GP3500) down on the beach and removed lots of trash as a bit of a practice and become familar with the machine. i really dont expect to find much as i realise i have a lot to learn but gotta start somewhere. basically i will be studying maps of the area, new and old, and begin searching. i guess this is where experience comes into it, i dont really want to trace over flogged ground but rather go bush and search virgin areas.... but any advice on our local area would be appreciated. eventually i would love to be panning and detecting also... cant wait to get out there, stuck in the office at the moment lol
Rodstar
Rodstar
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum