Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

keeen to learn !!

2 posters

Go down

keeen to learn !! Empty keeen to learn !!

Post  bakertron9 Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:47 pm

hi im a 100% newbie who recently moved from mine rich mackay to brisbane, i use to paint mine camps in coppabella, dysart, moranbah, nebo.
i was wondering if any one would kindly let me come on a local day trip with them and teach me how to pan for gold or fossick for gems etc. i have purchased a fairly basic metal detector & pin pointer, will also buy some panning equiptment & get my fossickers permit. im a typical aussie bloke, polite & respectful & would greatly appreciate any help.
cheers
Baker

bakertron9
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-07-20

Back to top Go down

keeen to learn !! Empty Re: keeen to learn !!

Post  AnnieL Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:00 pm

Hi bakertron9 and welcome to the forum.  I no longer 'live' in Brisbane as I am travelling and I do not know of anyone who takes people out.  

There is a metal detecting shop at Underwood so maybe if you ring them they may be able to help.  Or you could try the Brisbane Matal Detecting Club -   https://sites.google.com/site/brismet2/
cheers 
Annie
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  bakertron9 Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:32 pm

thanks AnnieL, i am going to brisbane gold at Underwood to purchase my panning equiptment & fossickers permit so i will definately ask them if they know any one.
I should also let any one who can help me know i will share the " motherlode " with them Very Happy 

even if any one could let me know a spot close to bris ( not as far as warwick or gympie ) i could practice panning & maybe find some flakes would be greatly appreciated

bakertron9
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Welcome, when you say paint is that as in artist or....cheers and good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post  bakertron9 Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:20 pm

Waveform wrote:Welcome, when you say paint is that as in artist or....cheers and good luck.
thanks for the welcome im a house/commercial & industrial painter worked out the mines painting MAC camps also done alot of industrial sheds for mine related companies like caterpillar, hastings deering. & commercial painting for mining head offices like rio tinto & santos

bakertron9
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down