Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12x7nf or 11inch commander

Go down

12x7nf or 11inch commander Empty 12x7nf or 11inch commander

Post  Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Hi guys,

I was rereading a post I made earlier and started to wonder about my logic regarding depth and sensitivity on coils. It was recommended to me to purchase a 12x7nf coil when I got the 5k. I got the bundle loaded with the two 11's and the 18inch round. To date I haven't even tried out the 11inch My question is am I losing much depth or gaining much sensitivity by using the NF over the 11inch? Is the NF basically like a 8inch round in performance with a little bit extra coverage. I believe ellipticals get better sensitivity by having more coil windings to get the right impedance. I dint know if this is correct or if this is the only reason. I have had a look for some charts but haven't found anything that gives me a good idea on they perform in the real world. Anyone have any good charts? Cheers

Back to top Go down

12x7nf or 11inch commander Empty Re: 12x7nf or 11inch commander

Post  Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:48 pm

G'day Waveform the 12"x7" NF coil is more sensitive due to the shape narrow toe and heal, but the 11" com coil will go deeper. As for the windings I couldn't say if there are more in an Elliptical coil to round coil. You would need to ask a Techno about that. study 

Cheers.

Mike.     cheers

Back to top Go down

12x7nf or 11inch commander Empty Re: 12x7nf or 11inch commander

Post  Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:13 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info.

It's a bit strange that I haven't even tried it out yet. I have tried the 18inch and that definitely punched deeper. I will try the 11inch to see how I go with it. I may get another shaft or two to make swap outs quicker and I will be much more likely to do it. I go very slowly and don't only get 100 meters max from the car ATM. I don't mind the "go low and slow" moto but the dig all targets moto is a bit of a pain. I'm starting to look at the DD now :-) , cheers

Back to top Go down