Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aussie trip.

+3
BradShell
kevlorraine2
1066andyg
7 posters

Go down

Aussie trip. Empty Aussie trip.

Post  1066andyg Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:30 am

I'm due to be coming back to Oz in july time, I'm trying to get my pommie detecting mate to come with me but hes **** scared of the snakes and creepy crawlies[as he puts it!!]
That got me thinking has anyone got any interesting wildlife related stories of there detecting trips[with photos if possible, i know its hard to photo something if your running like a bat out of hell!!]
andy
P.S. I'm off to Suffolk this sunday for a rally [hopefully might find some nice Saxon gold!!] went to British museum on thursday with my mate and our boys, the stuff there makes your eyes pop out of your head. there was a Roman hoard there[one of many found by detectorists] with over 15,000 gold roman coins a bloke dug up in a farm field.Also saw some of the bits and bobs from the Saxon hoard found last year worth $3 or 4 million.

1066andyg
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Aussie trip. Empty aussie trip

Post  kevlorraine2 Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 am

hi andy, as i said, get amongst that treasure hoard while you are over there, we only have ORDINARY GOLD to find over here. see you reckon on about july in aust. (check you PM just sent you a message) ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  BradShell Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi there,
If you can talk your mate into comming with you it will be a trip of a lifetime. The sights you see in the outback are inspiring. Brad and I have spent most of the last 5 years wandering around out there, and yes you occasionally see snakes & spiders etc. But much more often you see the rugged beauty of the place. Our wildflower seasons are spectacular. If you do happen to see a snake then if you leave it alone then he will leave you alone. Don't corner it, or roll rocks at it (just to see what it does:) most of the time they will just pass through. I think a few others on this great forum would agree that the gold we find while wandering around out there is just a bonus to the joy of walking this country.
Cheers and good luck with your trip,
Shell
BradShell
BradShell
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Back to top Go down

Aussie trip. Empty Re: Aussie trip.

Post  kon61 Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:32 pm

G'day 1066andyg

I've got to agree with kevlorraine on this one.If your coming here to prospect for natural australian gold nuggets that's fine.If you've come here searching for hoards of treasure or artifacts,yea, you'll find plenty of them in the form of sheep,goat,kanga,and dingo skulls.Besides all things found here of natural historical artifact descent, belong to the crown.

cheers.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  monoandnan Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:47 pm

Hi 1066andyg
We have been running around the WA bush for around 8 years now and have been stalked by Dingo's and wild dog's and chased by wild Donkey (hey dont laugh) and had run into the odd camel, not to mention snakes, lizards and spiders, but hey, its all part of the fun.

Monoandnan Aussie trip. Icon_lol
monoandnan
monoandnan
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-06-20

http://goannagoldadventureswa.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:56 pm

Gees Mono,
You must have had a shower and been dressed up right smart to get that donkey to chase you.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  monoandnan Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:01 pm

Thanks Jig Aussie trip. Icon_eek
Were you on that trip to Nully or was it at Cue when you joined us. hows it going, are we going to see you this year ??

Mono
monoandnan
monoandnan
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:26 pm

Yes Mono, Nullagine and Cue. I will be doing Laverton 1 this year. No time for anymore. Where are you now and what are your plans for this winter ?
Jig (M)
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  monoandnan Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:33 pm

Hi Jig
Just sent you a PM
monoandnan
monoandnan
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Aussie trip. Empty Aussie trip

Post  BradShell Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:48 pm

Hey Mono that Donkey Chase was the funniest thing!!!!! I also still have that photo of you riding the camel side saddle. hahha Hope to catch up this year, we may head back up Nullagine this season. Will let you know.
Cheers Shell
BradShell
BradShell
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  goldslinger Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:18 am

Hey Andy
you will have to get over there. W.A
Ive been four times now last time i came back with over 20 ounces of the yellow stuff Aussie trip. Icon_cheers and in two weeks four days i will be heading back out there again for six months detecting. yes there are plenty of creepy crawleys out there, but they are no problem. Ok the odd camel or roo might pop up from time to time but hey thats all part of the fun
Get your self out there it's great fun Aussie trip. Lol and there is always some one you can team up with they are a friendly lot out there Aussie trip. Alien
goldslinger
goldslinger
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2010-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  1066andyg Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:52 pm

goldslinger wrote:Hey Andy
you will have to get over there. W.A
Ive been four times now last time i came back with over 20 ounces of the yellow stuff Aussie trip. Icon_cheers and in two weeks four days i will be heading back out there again for six months detecting. yes there are plenty of creepy crawleys out there, but they are no problem. Ok the odd camel or roo might pop up from time to time but hey thats all part of the fun
Get your self out there it's great fun Aussie trip. Lol and there is always some one you can team up with they are a friendly lot out there Aussie trip. Alien

I have been to Oz, did the Oz tour in '86 in a vw kombi with my mate, and then lived in Brissy till '96. Only started detecting in Uk though but cant wait to get in to it out there, W.A. sounds the place. I was meant to go detecting in Suffolk today but its not stopped chucking it down and combine that with it being about 0 degrees, not fun, so I'm staying in and watching the cup final[soccer] and a few Stellas![pommie beer] Aussie trip. Icon_cheers

1066andyg
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down